You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alexander Baumjohann

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Alexander Baumjohann

Postby SilentStrike » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:48 pm

old? he just turned 26 one month ago.

hes not even 5 months older than ribery.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MrLinky » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:13 pm

walter wrote:Regarding Baumjohann, so what position exactly does he play???

I think his natural position is CAM , but he can also play on the wings (right/left).He does have the pace for it.I think for us its basically a WIN-WIN situation.He might manage to make the breakthrough at Bayern , nobody was expecting him to make - like Altintop.I see a lot of similarites between this transfer and the Altintop-transfer.The reaction of the fans wasnt exactly enthusiastic when it was announced that Hamit was gonna join us , but he proved to be a great transfer - and is even gonna become Turkey's next captain from what I've read recently.

If he doesnt play well and fails to make an impact we can still sell him and make a couple of millions profit out of him , I mean its not like the guy doesnt know how to play football.He certainly has the talent and there would be a lot of BL clubs immediately interested to buy him.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Yeah, I don't see Altintop leaving. He had his best season I've seen from him last year, continued to show his class (and versatility) at the Euro, and although he's been injured, he looked lively enough in the recent friendlies. I hope he can continue where he left off before his injury starting today against Stuttgart.

As for Baumjohann, I have to admit I know almost nothing about him except that goal vs. Bremen. But if we can sell Sosa for close to what we paid for him (9mil?), I don't mind getting another talented "bench player" for free. It leaves us with more cash to get a better RB. For those concerned about Kroos (like me) just ask yourself: is he really going to get more time than Kroos? If Van Bommel and Ze both leave and Tymo comes in, I think Kroos is starting XI material next year. Or at least first-choice after Ribery/Schweini/Altintop. I know Borowski's in there as well but he really seems like a super-sub, whether he likes it or not. Basically what all that comes down to is: will Baumjohann get playing time ahead of all those players? Probably not very often, so it doesn't really hurt us. But if he does and kicks ass, then it'll be a great deal!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:05 am

In an interview with the Bild Baumjohann said: his move to Bayern is just hanging on some formalities, and he will be here by June.

Done Deal....
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby xevi » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:57 pm

OFICIAL: boumjohann is bayern player

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/de/aktuel ... a3e040b84e
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:30 pm

So, I think it`s clear who will be our newcomers next season- Olič, Baumjohann, Tymo and RB!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:05 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:So, I think it`s clear who will be our newcomers next season- Olič, Baumjohann, Tymo and RB!

This might change if Ze decides to leave
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby likma » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:03 am

Anyone has his goal against werder? I heard it was great.
likma
Getting the hang of it

Postby Jorge » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:50 am

likma wrote:Anyone has his goal against werder? I heard it was great.

It's the third goal of the match, Gladbach is wearing white.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1541243/
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby SilentStrike » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:54 pm

ok even bayern site confirmed it now. but pff, he's not even a regular starter at gladbach.. only 7 starts for him this season.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby elcalifornio » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:15 am

Well.... I guess he had to come after all the young players got let go of (Poldi, Kross, Jansen, hummels). :lol:
Where and when is he going to play? Preseason probably for 45 minutes :?
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:51 pm

I think he'll get injured and not even take part in pre-season. :(
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:50 pm

mackoy wrote:I think he'll get injured and not even take part in pre-season. :(

Why?

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:16 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:

Why?

Maybe Van Bommel will tackle him in practice
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:07 am

Jorge wrote:
reiniksrobis wrote:

Why?

Maybe Van Bommel will tackle him in practice

lool that was a good one:D
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion