You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alexander Baumjohann

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Alexander Baumjohann

Postby shwas55 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:19 am

I feel sorry for the guy he is having hard times with the fans, yesterday in a friendly match, the fans were chanting: Wir wollen keine Bayern-Schweine ( we dont want Bayern's pig). Im not sure if that will make the deal go through quicker but you gotta feel for him.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:27 am

shwas55 wrote:I feel sorry for the guy he is having hard times with the fans, yesterday in a friendly match, the fans were chanting: Wir wollen keine Bayern-Schweine ( we dont want Bayern's pig). Im not sure if that will make the deal go through quicker but you gotta feel for him.

Stupid fans :(

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:33 am

MUTU wrote:
Assists

Klose
German Cup - 0 assists
Bundesliga - 6 assists
Champions League - 2 assists

Ribery
German Cup - 0 assists
Bundesliga - 1 assist
Champions League - 5 assists

Thanks Mutu, great stats, great numbers for a striker
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby pavlos21 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:47 pm

what the hell another b class german player?please give a proper chance to kroos .
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:10 pm

i agree, dont buy baumjohann.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MrLinky » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:51 pm

The transfer is a done deal.He's gonna be a part of the Bayern squad next year.Olic + Donovan (?) + Baumjohann + Tymoshchuk + RB (?).Thats probably gonna be it when it comes to new Bayern players next season.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:09 pm

aww, what a waste! I hope we can loan him off then.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby shwas55 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:59 am

I watch alot of Borussia M'gladbach matches (cuz i like Marin), and i have to say Baumjohann is a very good player. His vision and passing are very good, he has a good speed, can score goals. So we will be getting a good addition to the team, whether that will stop him from being a bench warmer i dont know. Alot of experts are comparing his skills and development to Ballack so i guess we have to wait and see if that comes true in the next 2 to 3 years
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby elcalifornio » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:46 am

He is Sosas replacement and I expect him to get similar minutes to Sosa's. He is a free transfer and thats all U.H cares about and this after P.Lahm and Ribery were promised world class aquisitions to the squad (thats why Lahm resigned). I don't see a long term strategy as far as transfers or that their even trying to further youth players which is why its not a good move for BJ development either. Players need to be established to come to Bayern because the "talents" (excluding overrated Schweini) need to be loaned out to develop.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby walter » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:55 am

Welcome back Elcalifornio, I had not seen any post by you in while if I'm not mistaken.

Regarding Baumjohann, so what position exactly does he play??? I only say him play, by great coincidence, against Werder the day he scored that great goal. My impression is that he is an attacking mid (???) What are his skills??? obviously he has pace, but what else???
Well if he is Sosa's replacement, I gotta say it is a very good deal, I think he could actually be better (from what people say) than Sosa (I was always under the impression that Sosa was to slow) and we would get 11 mil for Sosa and replace him with someone better for free!!!
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby elcalifornio » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:27 am

He does have talent and so does Sosa. Sosa is really impressive in training from what I read and hear. And yet there was no bringing him along as Athletico did with Arguero (not that Sosa is that good) who played anything but great his first year there. BJ is a central, to central attacking MF. Very good first touch and quick acceleration w/the ball. He is also a solid passer and has shown some good vision. Sounds like a faster version of Kross only with less tech. skill.

The problem here is the fact that he isn't even a starter at Gladbach. He has shown some good signs, but when he joins Bayern he will come in very late in games. Klinsi isn't prepared to further talents much beond that point when he is under huge pressure to win another Meisterschaft. Its a lateral move with a slightly yunger talent that has to get playing time by fighting his way past Schweini, Ze, and Altintop, Ribery. Just as with Kroos there is also no central attacking position in the 4-4-2 even though its his best position.

So he is talented but that applies to every young player at Bayern (except for Lell, and Ottldinhio :) ). If he isn't going to get the chances then its loan or bust once again at Bayern for a young player. I hope I'm wrong though.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:09 am

Yes, he'll be a replacement to Sosa. But is he really better than Sosa? On one hand we have a player who's been capped 4 times for a great footballing nation (Argentina), and on the other hand we have a player who's not a first team player at the bottom-most team in the Bundesliga.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Sosa to Palermo in January? Thats good, that means more playing time for Kroos this season. And who will be in starting XI? Schweini or Altintop? Baumjohann should be next seasons sub and when Altintop/Schweini leaves, he should play in starting 11!

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:08 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:Sosa to Palermo in January? Thats good, that means more playing time for Kroos this season. And who will be in starting XI? Schweini or Altintop? Baumjohann should be next seasons sub and when Altintop/Schweini leaves, he should play in starting 11!

Why would Altintop or Schweini leave? The former is playing really well, although he was unfortunate in becoming injured and the latter just extended his contract. And whether Sosa leaves or not, Kroos won't get more playing time. I think that so far this season, Kroos played more minutes than Sosa did. So it won't make any difference if Sosa leaves or not.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 pm

mackoy wrote:
reiniksrobis wrote:Sosa to Palermo in January? Thats good, that means more playing time for Kroos this season. And who will be in starting XI? Schweini or Altintop? Baumjohann should be next seasons sub and when Altintop/Schweini leaves, he should play in starting 11!

Why would Altintop or Schweini leave? The former is playing really well, although he was unfortunate in becoming injured and the latter just extended his contract. And whether Sosa leaves or not, Kroos won't get more playing time. I think that so far this season, Kroos played more minutes than Sosa did. So it won't make any difference if Sosa leaves or not.

Sooner or later they will leave. Altintop is really good, but he will leave sooner than later, he is old ;)

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion