You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alexander Baumjohann

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Alexander Baumjohann

Postby shwas55 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:14 am

xevi wrote:the only bad is for kroos. bayern is just trying to sign everybody who comes for free.

I agree totally we are trying to sign any player that is a free agent.
This should mean that Ze is leaving and Kroos will finally get the chance to play regular football and Baumjohann will be his backup. Other wise this move doesnt make sense, and it just put another German talent to waste.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:29 pm

shwas55 wrote:
xevi wrote:the only bad is for kroos. bayern is just trying to sign everybody who comes for free.

This should mean that Ze is leaving and Kroos will finally get the chance to play regular football and Baumjohann will be his backup. Other wise this move doesnt make sense, and it just put another German talent to waste.

If you think that Kroos will suddenly go from a bench warmer for a wide midfielder to a first team central midfielder at the snap of a finger, you are most likely mistaken. It's just not Bayern. Klinsmann does have the reputation of being revolutionary, though.

To me, this looks more and more like either Ottl or Kroos are being forced out.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Bayern Munich are poised to reveal Alexander Baumjohann as their second summer signing, according to media reports in Germany.

Both Express and Bild have reported that the 21-year-old Borussia Mönchengladbach midfielder will sign for the Bavarian giants on a free transfer at the end of the current season.

Even though the youngster has started just six games this season for Gladbach, he is a highly-sought after prospect, who has been likened to a young Michael Ballack. He also scored a potential goal of the season against Werder Bremen (see video below).

If the deal goes ahead, Baumjohann would join Ivica Olic as a new signing at the Allianz Arena next season.

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby xevi » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:25 pm

MUTU wrote:
shwas55 wrote:

If you think that Kroos will suddenly go from a bench warmer for a wide midfielder to a first team central midfielder at the snap of a finger, you are most likely mistaken. It's just not Bayern. Klinsmann does have the reputation of being revolutionary, though.

thins are like this i think:

--------------------tymoschuk
--------------------ottl/van bommel

altintop--------------schweini--------------ribéry
borowski------------baumjohann---------kroos/zé roberto
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 pm

MUTU wrote:.

Im Not saying that Kroos will be world class with 2-3 matches, i know it will take some time for him to show what he is capable of. but if we get a world class DM next to him in the central Midfield the mistakes he will be making wont be lethal.
If we are not willing to give him the chance to play regular football next season, or atleast being a regular sub (30 mins playing time min every game), then we should loan for couple of years and let him get the experience somewhere else.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SuXaR » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:42 pm

Baumjohann is not better than Sosa. And even if he is, he'll need time to show it. Which he won't get as didn't Sosa.
Kroos needs to play, he'll probably need just the summer friendlies to show off, than he'll replace Ze with a good DM (Tymo/Cana) behind him.
It seems Baumjohann would replace Sosa on the bench a Sosa will leave at the end season. :roll:
If he's a talent, we are gonna let him down as we did Poldi. :(
SuXaR
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby shwas55 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:54 pm

since Klinsi came i would say Sosa got more play time than Kroos did, so you cant say he wasnt given the chance to show it. Kroos really needs some playing time wether its the summer friendlies, real matches, or even as a regular 30 mins sub he just needs time on the pitch to prove that he can fill Ze's shoes in the central midfield.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:00 pm

Looks like we're only getting players that have scored beautiful goals against Werder :Schlaudraff , Olic and now Baumjohann. :lol:
Obviously Baumjohann isnt the kind of player/talent a Bayern fan would usually expect , but I think for us its a "win-win" situation as he will be joining us on a free agent.Alex might surprise us all , like Altintop did - nobody was expecting him to be a raving success at Bayern , but he turned out to be a great transfer.Or he might go on to become another flop and we sell him back for a couple of millions.Anyway it goes , nothing much to lose for us.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:26 pm

shwas55 wrote:since Klinsi came i would say Sosa got more play time than Kroos did, so you cant say he wasnt given the chance to show it.

Sorry to sound annoying, but this quote got me curious so I went to check exactly how many mins they played and I reported what I found here. It seems Kroos has played more mins than Sosa in every competition. But I feel you... every time I saw Sosa come on, I was left thinking "why not Kroos?"

Kroos
http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/kroosanton/2009/

German Cup - 1 match - 90 mins (1 goal, 1 assist)
Regionalliga (FC Bayern II) - 1 match - 90 mins (1 goal, 0 assists)
Champions League - 1 match - 12 mins (0 goals, 0 assists)
Bundesliga - 7 matches - 290 mins (0 goals, 0 assists)

Sosa
http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/sosajose/2009/

German Cup - 1 match - 18 mins (0 goals, 0 assists)
Regionalliga (FC Bayern II) - 0 matches (0 goals, 0 assists)
Champions League - 0 matches (0 goals, 0 assists)
Bundesliga - 7 matches - 188 mins (0 goals, 0 assists)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:13 am

Hoeness on Baumjohann:"Wir probieren das", erklärte Hoeneß im "kicker": "Wir haben ihn gescoutet, auch Jupp Heynckes hat ihn uns wärmstens empfohlen, wo ist das große Risiko für uns?"

"We're gonna try it out with him.We scouted him and Jupp Heynckes also strongly recommended him to us , where's the big risk for us in this deal ?"

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_bundesliga/artikel_58142.html
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:16 am

So that means that he will play for us next season?

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:03 am

MUTU wrote:
Sorry to sound annoying, but this quote got me curious so I went to check exactly how many mins they played and I reported what I found here. It seems Kroos has played more mins than Sosa in every competition. But I feel you... every time I saw Sosa come on, I was left thinking "why not Kroos?"

Kroos
http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/kroosanton/2009/

German Cup - 1 match - 90 mins (1 goal, 1 assist)
Regionalliga (FC Bayern II) - 1 match - 90 mins (1 goal, 0 assists)
Champions League - 1 match - 12 mins (0 goals, 0 assists)
Bundesliga - 7 matches - 290 mins (0 goals, 0 assists)

Sosa
http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/sosajose/2009/

German Cup - 1 match - 18 mins (0 goals, 0 assists)
Regionalliga (FC Bayern II) - 0 matches (0 goals, 0 assists)
Champions League - 0 matches (0 goals, 0 assists)
Bundesliga - 7 matches - 188 mins (0 goals, 0 assists)

Interesting i didnt have stats or anything i was talking from memory..... I guess when Sosa played he was terrible that the time felt longer than when Kroos did. :D. Seriously thought great stats.
Can you find out how many did assists did Klose provide??, i think he was only second to Ribery in assists
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:54 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:So that means that he will play for us next season?

Yea , he will probably join us next season.Rummenigge said that nothing is signed yet , but he also said that Baumjohann told Bayern that he has decided to go to Munchen.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:11 pm

shwas55 wrote:Can you find out how many did assists did Klose provide??, i think he was only second to Ribery in assists

Assists

Klose
German Cup - 0 assists
Bundesliga - 6 assists
Champions League - 2 assists

Ribery
German Cup - 0 assists
Bundesliga - 1 assist
Champions League - 5 assists
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:12 pm

I think this is a done deal. They are just putting pen to paper.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion