You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General World Cup 2014 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: General World Cup 2014 Thread

Postby Ruht » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:54 am

Don't see Italy failing to qualify from here mate, they are going to top the group now. Up to England not to **** it up. The team isn't bad and on paper we should win against Costa Rica and Uruguay. Then again, I didn't expect Uruguay to lose against Costa Rica either, we will see.

Honda is a great player. People have forgot how good he can actually be as his time in Milan hasn't been the best. Japan are such a lovely side to watch but they gave Ivory Coast too many chances. Hopefully they score 1 or 2 in the second half to put the game to bed.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Jorsett » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:22 am

Ruht wrote:Don't see Italy failing to qualify from here mate, they are going to top the group now. Up to England not to **** it up. The team isn't bad and on paper we should win against Costa Rica and Uruguay. Then again, I didn't expect Uruguay to lose against Costa Rica either, we will see.

Hopefully England can get it done.

Bony. #-o
EDIT: Gervinho! #-o #-o
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:33 am

It is more difficult for England now IMO since Uruguay have to absolutely win the next game.

Japan lost. :(

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:07 am

Dgro wrote:Does anyone believe that the Netherlands have a strong enough defense to, theoretically, win the tournament? I think they're clearly one of the best offensive teams, if only on the shoulders of Robben and RVP, but I don't know anything about the quality of their back 4 + goalie

I have my doubts about them. We'll be in a better position to judge when we see them play against a more normal team.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:47 am

Dgro wrote:Honda is pure class. An observation: Ivory Coast might subtract a few weight lifting sessions from their practice regiment and add a few sessions addressing corner kicks and finishing inside the 6. Seriously though, everyone on the pitch is built like an amateur bodybuilder

they might be on steroid diet...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:51 am

My gut feeling is telling me that Uruguay won't qualify (never thought that I would ever write this) - Those ageing players on the field won't help either...
Very disappointing , should they really go out it will be a big morale booster for Brazil - without their bestia negra they are more and more favorites.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DerKaiser » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:57 am

brazil has shown that they are overrated, by continuing diving and flopping
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:31 am

Dgro wrote:Does anyone believe that the Netherlands have a strong enough defense to, theoretically, win the tournament? I think they're clearly one of the best offensive teams, if only on the shoulders of Robben and RVP, but I don't know anything about the quality of their back 4 + goalie

I don't think they can make it all the way, but they might cause some more upsets on the way. Others teams will not give Robben and RvP the space given to them by the Spanish chaotic defensive high line. If LvG continues with the 5-3-2, this could lead the front line to be completely isolated from the back, but with better defensive marking to cut the long balls.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:33 am

DerKaiser wrote:brazil has shown that they are overrated, by continuing diving and flopping

I don't think they are overrated. Fred dived, the referee helped, and their goals were sloppy, but you have to take into account that it was probably their most difficult game of the group stage. It was a pressure cooker in front of millions of fans with extremely high expectations and on their own home turf. I think we will only see Brazil getting better from now on after removing some pressure off their shoulders.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby tflags » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:05 pm

Ruht wrote:Honda is a great player. People have forgot how good he can actually be as his time in Milan hasn't been the best.

Contrary to other players (read Kagawa, Okazaki), Honda's a riser, a World Cup player of the first order. Is too painful to see him swimming on a sea of half-witted players who do little credit to the tittle of 'first WC qualified team.'
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:09 pm

MoFattal wrote:but you have to take into account that it was probably their most difficult game of the group stage.

Yes, because I simply don't see how Cameroon is going to go through if they continue playing like this. I wouldn't be surprised, nonetheless, if Mexico turns out to be the Costa Rica of group A, a team with dubious WC credentials who lost their best striker on the boarding ramp to Brazil and yet hailed one of the best performances yet on the first round of matches.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Achilles » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Individually nothing special but defense is all about chemistry,after all they conceded only one against Spain(from a ghost-penalty) and just one another chance for Spain to score,if we can consider the game against Spain and their excellent qualifications games,I could say that they can go a long way. If they can top their group(very likely) they will avoid Brazil so they will draw a easier opponent,the way is wide open for them after this victory but we have to wait,it was only one match,a spectacular one but is premature to say something like "they can win it"

Till now I can hardly see a balanced team,a big powerhouse,all the the teams have their weaknesses,well we have to wait for Argentina & Germany,but I don't rate the Germans high,to be honest I think they will be the flop of the tournament,a total mess regarding who is playing where(positions)
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Ruht » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:27 pm

tflags wrote:
Ruht wrote:Honda is a great player. People have forgot how good he can actually be as his time in Milan hasn't been the best.

Contrary to other players (read Kagawa, Okazaki), Honda's a riser, a World Cup player of the first order. Is too painful to see him swimming on a sea of half-witted players who do little credit to the tittle of 'first WC qualified team.'

They play very well as a unit, if you watch some of their other games you would see it. They just weren't up for it against Ivory Coast. It's not helping them that Kagawa hasn't played nearly enough throughout the season either. Hopefully they will pick themselves up and follow this with 2 wins.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Borusse » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:45 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Borusse wrote:Great stuff from Robben and Holland yesterday.

WC this year had an impressive start, can't wait for next games.

Do you support Germany? I know the Polish don't particularly like Germans...

Just read that. I support Dortmund players, I have nothing against Germany. If I had something against Germany I wouldn't be supporting a German club. :P

Loving this World Cup so far. One problem is Im participating in few prediction leagues and my predictions have been very poor. I hope I can bounce back. :P
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:56 pm

Borusse wrote:Loving this World Cup so far. One problem is Im participating in few prediction leagues and my predictions have been very poor. I hope I can bounce back.

Same here :(
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches