You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General World Cup 2014 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: General World Cup 2014 Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:04 am

theundead wrote:That would have great impact on the tactics. Javi as DM, Koke as a winger and Fabregas as #10. Costa upfront. Those are the making of a not-tiki-taka gameplan.

I was thinking more along the lines of Koke and maybe Fabregas in CM and perhaps Martinez as CB.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:12 am

The tortoise and Roo the dog predict an England win.
Nico the parrot predicts an Italy win.

Guess there's only one Paul. :P

Nico has predicted two games so far, both of which were correct (including Netherlands' win)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:29 pm

When I look now, Bayern are the only one left who will play on possession even though we were destroyed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jupp completely destroyed tiki-taka, Scolari did the same in 2013 in Confederations Cup, Ancelotti beat the shít out of 'possession Bayern' and now the madman Louis van Gaal whose Dutch football school destroyed something what he was encouraging under Barcelona period. Guardiola stays alone on this world.
He probably cried last night after the 3rd confirmation of "tiki-taka is dead". :mrgreen: Great to see destroyed that boring football from the nation who invented possession and domination, but not the one they're using after Rijkaard. 8)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:44 pm

FCB general wrote:When I look now, Bayern are the only one left who will play on possession even though we were destroyed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jupp completely destroyed tiki-taka, Scolari did the same in 2013 in Confederations Cup, Ancelotti beat the shít out of 'possession Bayern' and now the madman Louis van Gaal whose Dutch football school destroyed something what he was encouraging under Barcelona period. Guardiola stays alone on this world.
He probably cried last night after the 3rd confirmation of "tiki-taka is dead". :mrgreen: Great to see destroyed that boring football from the nation who invented possession and domination, but not the one they're using after Rijkaard. 8)

He won't be alone. Del Bosque will never change his tiki-taka style. He's incapable of doing so. For me he is one of the most overrated coaches on the planet.

Guardiola, on the other hand, is Mr tiki-taka. You could say that he's the one who invented it (it's modern style; although he did build on the work of previous coaches to achieve it). Tiki-taka is known as Guardiola's football. It's his pet project and I think he's the only one that can resuscitate the style and modernise it to deal with Heynckes' solution.

I'm fairly confident Bayern will stick to tiki-taka and will succeed with it. Spain and Del Bosque, on the other hand, will probably be destroyed by Brazil in the last 16.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Great stuff from Robben and Holland yesterday.

WC this year had an impressive start, can't wait for next games.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Borusse wrote:Great stuff from Robben and Holland yesterday.

WC this year had an impressive start, can't wait for next games.

Do you support Germany? I know the Polish don't particularly like Germans...
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:He won't be alone. Del Bosque will never change his tiki-taka style. He's incapable of doing so. For me he is one of the most overrated coaches on the planet.

Del Bosque is a great coach, but last 4 years he's been following something what it's not his style. Real in the early 2000's and this Spain are completely different The biggest mistake of Del Bosque was/is that he hasn't followed Luis Aragones. Furia was on the top, completely dominant and invincible under that football style.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Guardiola, on the other hand, is Mr tiki-taka. You could say that he's the one who invented it (it's modern style; although he did build on the work of previous coaches to achieve it). Tiki-taka is known as Guardiola's football. It's his pet project and I think he's the only one that can resuscitate the style and modernise it to deal with Heynckes' solution.

Yeah, but it's been over already, for some 1-2 years. Hiddink right in the begining of Guardiola career stopped him in semi-finals, the biggest robbery(Ovrebo) prevent Chelsea to smash this football.

Hiddink, Jupp, Klopp, van Gaal, Ancelotti, Mourinho, they all know how to deal with this. If Chile takes a point against Spain(which is not hard since we saw what they did 4 years ago under Bielsa), we don't need to think what's next.

Van Gaal(just like Heynckes and Ancelotti) showed us last night what happens when someone knows you deep in soul and smash you in mil of pieces. It was over in 2013, this is just confirmation. What they can expect is to fight for their own lives and somehow to survive group stage or wait for sign of others(referee push).

But ain't gonna happen like vs. Croatia in 2012 and 2 days ago CRO-BRA. [-X If you're bad, you'll end it like France in 2002.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm fairly confident Bayern will stick to tiki-taka and will succeed with it. Spain and Del Bosque, on the other hand, will probably be destroyed by Brazil in the last 16.

Well, I cannot wait that day when Guardiola leaves Bayern. That football is first of all totally boring and annoying, poor, even shameful(Real Madrid), past tense.
We need muscles, blood, run&gun like Holland, Jupp, Klopp, Hiddink, Atletico, etc. to see true Bayern. :P
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:12 pm

FCB general wrote:Del Bosque is a great coach, but last 4 years he's been following something what it's not his style. Real in the early 2000's and this Spain are completely different The biggest mistake of Del Bosque was/is that he hasn't followed Luis Aragones. Furia was on the top, completely dominant and invincible under that football style.

Perhaps, but we must bear in mind that Real Madrid had an unmatchable squad at the time. What I mean by overrated however is that he has recently been given a number of coach awards for doing almost nothing. I don't think Spain's success was down to him. It was more down to the Barcelona coaches.

FCB general wrote:Yeah, but it's been over already, for some 1-2 years. Hiddink right in the begining of Guardiola career stopped him in semi-finals, the biggest robbery(Ovrebo) prevent Chelsea to smash this football.

You can't win them all (though he did win that one). The Chelsea game was an exception back then. Barca dominated before it and kept dominating after it. It is only since Bayern-Barca that the key has been found. It is now common for this style to be destroyed so now we can say that tiki-taka, in its current form, is dead.

Yet it still remains, at least in my opinion, one of the best styles of play football has ever seen. Although dead in its current form it doesn't mean that it cannot succeed again. It just needs to move on with the times and modernise itself to deal with the counters that have been developed against it.

FCB general wrote:Well, I cannot wait that day when Guardiola leaves Bayern. That football is first of all totally boring and annoying, poor, even shameful(Real Madrid), past tense.
We need muscles, blood, run&gun like Holland, Jupp, Klopp, Hiddink, Atletico, etc. to see true Bayern.

This is a matter of opinion, so fair enough I guess. Personally, I love this kind of football. I used to love watching Barcelona and Spain, and I love how Bayern currently play as well. I admit it can be boring. Barca were boring the last two years and so were Bayern in March-May. On the whole however, I think that that was not real tiki-taka. That was not how Bayern were playing throughout the season, and neither was it what Barcelona were doing when Guardiola was there. In Barca's case it's probably that the players are past their prime. In Bayern's case it was lack of form and motivation.

For me, properly executed tiki taka is a beauty.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:30 pm

German football has always been closely linked with possession type football. The era of "ramba zamba" has played possession football when needed.

It's not the system that I blame on the "tiki taka is dead" situation. It's the players. Tiki taka depends on every single player on the field. If one falls, if one loses focus, passion, drive, the system is already 50% beatable.

We saw Barca decline when passion was lost. Guardiola said it himself, he left because he can't motivate his players anymore. And coincidentally, the decline of Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi.

The next season, we saw them fall apart. Bayern won so many games, a couple of trophies, then the league, we can't deny we lost focus and drive.

I don't even saw Spain's real tiki taka against Netherlands. The Spain that won everything wouldn't let their opponents get the ball in midfield as much as the Dutch got. Their old pressing wouldn't give time for a perfectly weighted lob pass. Their defense has never been great, but their offense made up for it. Too bad Costa is busy not playing football.

I do agree that possession football should always have the goal in mind. But I don't believe tiki taka is dead. What I believe is bus parking is the trend. A lot of teams have realized they don't need to play football for 90 minutes but they'll still win.

They certainly didn't get that bit from our 7up.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCB general » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Nobody expected Holland's victory yesterday before the match. Who expected? Dutch people? That's something you don't have to mention, ever. I know there were some people who thought they're not gonna win like everywhere in any country, but it actually happened.

What now? What can you expect from this Holland, these youngsters guided with 9-10-11(Persie, Sneijder, Robben) and the crazy horse called van Gaal? :D

I don't know... But they'll run like hell after this game.

And Chile-Australia... I mean, Chile are still the same crazy team like they were under El Loco 4 years ago. They played fantastic first 20 minutes, players run a lot on the field, very quick and fast, but they have short CBs what was obvious after Cahill goal where Australia have started to attack from a wings, cross balls and the danger for Chile came from that.

Now I'm asking myself, will Spain be smart enough to use this weakness to beat Chile or they're gonna force short passes, no direct football and headers. Llorente would be an ideal player against Chile.

Australia's got problem with lack of talent, that's obvious. But the squad is very, very organized and they stayed focused last night after 2:0, played really brave and push to get draw, but they didn't.

They also look like a team who can cause lot of troubles to Spain.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:26 pm

Looks like Sirigu will be starting tonight!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:31 pm

I think 'keepers like Casillas and Buffon are past their prime now, and it is time for the next generation to come forward.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:35 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:I think 'keepers like Casillas and Buffon are past their prime now, and it is time for the next generation to come forward.

Sirigu is good but Buffon is still world class.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:42 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:I think 'keepers like Casillas and Buffon are past their prime now, and it is time for the next generation to come forward.

One guy here who's been supporting Juventus since 1993 told me that Buffon is past tense for Juventus, then it's nothing weird for Italy. He literally mocked Gigi dozens of times when we were talking about Juventus in the last 2-3 years. I would told him it's not that bad, c'mon, even Kahn after was still good enough in between 2003-2009, but no... My friend is determinated in fact that Buffon's era is over long time ago.

I saw few matches and yeah... I understood why he's thinking like that all the time.

Casillas... Well, Mourinho unveiled it, Ancelotti confirm it.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Apparently Modric is out for the rest of Cro matches
and Fifa just issued some punishments for Argentina (who start their campaign tomorrow) because of a banner in a friendly that involved the Isl of Farklands...
WoW mother Fifa is doing all it can for her children (brazil)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches