You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General World Cup 2014 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: General World Cup 2014 Thread

Postby Borusse » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:02 pm

MoFattal wrote:Hey, you forgot Gundogan and Bender ;)

I named the ones who have an actual shot of playing. :P

Giving the example of Germany - Argentina game from 2010 is way off imo. It was completely different Argentina side, their plan for the game was "pass to Messi, see what happens". Sabbela made them a very balanced team, Messi is just one of many, sometimes he doesnt even participate in the build-up play. They finally realised how to use Messi's talents and that can be they key to their success.

Mascherano, Gago and Banega is not a bad midfield. :wink: Especially Mascherano - he is world class DM.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby tflags » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Borusse wrote:It was completely different Argentina side, their plan for the game was "pass to Messi, see what happens". Sabbela made them a very balanced team, Messi is just one of many, sometimes he doesnt even participate in the build-up play. They finally realised how to use Messi's talents and that can be they key to their success.

How can I use the word BS without being blatantly disrespectful? Sorry Borusse, I don't think you got this one particularly right. :?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:11 pm

I think I did got it right, but you are entitled to your own opinion. :wink:

What the hell is BS? :D
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby quaazi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:20 pm

There are things that happen, Argentina winning the World Cup in Brazil is not one of them.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Borusse » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:29 pm

Why? That would be the ultimate sucker punch.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Achilles » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:33 pm

I watched Croatia vs Serbia(what a game) Mandzukic was superb for real.I love these two football countries they produce excellent players,with much passion when they play in the NT jersey.Deserved win for Croatia.
Moreover Bosnia teared apart Greece,I didn't expect such a terrible performance from us,Bosnia was waaay too good than Greece,Dzeko was the player to beat,he scored easy 2 goals and for Greece defense that's really hard to believe.Also Ibisevic was unstoppable with the ball and Misimovic had some stunning touches and passes.

I have to say that Brazil makes somes serious mistakes for the starting XI.DEFINETELY they should start the best individually CB duo,Dante-Silva!
They have to work more on defense,they have to get a good chemistry and they need Marcelo back at his best.I still think that J.Cesar is better and more experienced than D.Alves as a GK.
Hulk's tactical awareness is a total zero,very bad off the ball and not at his best mentally,you can see that easily,he lost his spark.
Moreover David "Error" Luiz has to be placed as a DMF along with Gustavo(?) and of course not as a captain.
Brazil lacks the leader striker up front for sure.Neymar is good but not a leader right now and I don't think he will at 2014,if they had a hero up front,a killer then they will be dominant again.I hope Neymar can be that "hero" for the next WC but I don't think so.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby tflags » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Borusse wrote:I think I did got it right, but you are entitled to your own opinion. :wink:

I know. Sorry about that. I hate to squash any opinions but there is just a lot of evidence on the contrary: Sabella's press conferences and his comments regarding Messi, his meetings with Guardiola... regarding Messi, the pains the Argentinian government went through to replace count Dracula with a coach that would bring the best of ... Messi, etc.
"We MUST make him happy. We MUST leave him COMPLETELY free on the pitch..."
"With the low football level the importance of having Messi is even greater... Something that interests regarding Barça other than global stuff from football is having Messi. What Barcelona does is irrepetitive, but maybe we can copy something."
Then of course are comments like: "regular, good, very good, excellent, fantastic, Messi"
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Borusse » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:51 pm

I still dont understand the point of your comment?

That is what I said - Messi is completely free on the pitch, he doesnt have to always be on the ball and do the playmaking for Argentina. He is just one of many, he joins the build-up play when he wants too. It is exactly the same with Barcelona and Argentina want to "copy" it as much as possible. They've done it since the start of 2012 and it proves to be an awesome resolution. They win game by game and are strongly heading to WC finals.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Argentina can defeat any team on a good day and also they have arguably the best player ever, so I wouldn't rule them out of the WC2014 race

Oh, and Maradona is no longer their coach. Just remember that
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Achilles » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:00 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Argentina can defeat any team on a good day and also they have arguably the best player ever, so I wouldn't rule them out of the WC2014 race

Oh, and Maradona is no longer their coach. Just remember that
Yes but they can loose as easy as they win.Their tactical awareness and defense is quite a joke!
This Argentina team reminds me Netherlands,so much class upfront but a black whole at defense...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Borusse wrote:I will be supporting Argentina in WC, because I like Messi too much

:o

Are you telling me that you would support MESSI if he played against Reus, Götze, Gündogan, Bender or Schmelzer ?

I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby BayernLove » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Borusse wrote:What the hell is BS?

This statement:
"Borussia Dortmund is a good club".
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Borusse » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:26 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Borusse wrote:I will be supporting Argentina in WC, because I like Messi too much

:o

Are you telling me that you would support MESSI if he played against Reus, Götze, Gündogan, Bender or Schmelzer ?

You should read the comments to the end:

I will be supporting Argentina in WC, because I like Messi too much and want him to finally make his dream of winning this tournament come true. Although if it comes to Germany - Argentina game I would not be sad if Hummels, Reus, Schmelzer and Gotze were to win.

Made that large for you to see. :D
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:45 pm

I think that except for a fantastic game by Messi (which of course is possible), there is almost no way Argentina can beat a concentrated Germany side. Messi on a great day can make any team win, so of course it is a possibility, but I think that even with Messi playing like that Germany would still be favourites.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Well, Germany were favourites against Italy, look how that worked out. Germany could face some problems because they like to dominate the game with possesion and that could leave some space for the likes of Messi and Di Maria. I wouldnt call Germany's defensive display super convincing nowadays, would you?
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches