You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General World Cup 2014 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: General World Cup 2014 Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 20, 2014 10:24 pm

AvatarX wrote:Belgium are indeed the dark horses, although I expect a South American final.

BTW if Germany and Brazil win their group and knockout matches, they will meet in semi final ... I guess we will play for the 3rd place again...

Germany-Argentina final but Germany will not take the cup home.

This is my predicted last 16 (in the attachment).

QFs:
Brazil-Uruguay
France-Germany
Spain-Italy
Argentina-Belgium

SFs:
Brazil-Germany
Italy-Argentina

Final:
Germany-Argentina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Tue May 20, 2014 10:40 pm

Only Threats to Germany are Brazil (extremely Strong Defense and defensive midfield, fast offense+ Brazil at their home are extremely strong)

Or Spain : just look at their 30-man Squad!!!

Argentina IMO are weaker than 2010 !!
-----
The top 3 favorites are

1-Spain
2-Germany
3-Brazil

If any other team wins it ,it will be a huge surprise
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 20, 2014 10:43 pm

In my opinion the favourites are:
1) Brazil
2) Spain
3) Germany
4) Italy

But I still predict Argentina to win it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:06 pm

My predictions :

A1 Brazil - B2 Chile
1B Spain - 2A Croatia

1D Uruguay - 2C Ivory Coast
2D Italy - 1C Colombia

1E France - 2F Bosnia
1F Argentina - 2E Switzerland

1G Germany - 2H Russia
2G Portual - 1G Belgium

Quarters
Brazil - Colombia
Bosnia - Germany
Spain - Uruguay
Argentina - Belgium

Semis
Brazil - Germany
Uruguay - Belgium

3 place play off - Germany - Belgium (Belgium winners)

Final - Brazil - Uruguay (Uruguay winners)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed May 21, 2014 12:34 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:This is my predicted last 16 (in the attachment).

Where's Ecuador?? :evil:

Don't sweat it, we don't stand a chance against Switzerland this time around; maybe France. :P

Element wrote:Brazil (extremely Strong Defense and defensive midfield, fast offense+ Brazil at their home are extremely strong)
Or Spain : just look at their 30-man Squad!!!
Argentina IMO are weaker than 2010 !!

I really hate Element, he always gets it spot on.

Though I don't think Germany will win. We'll see.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AvatarX » Wed May 21, 2014 5:55 am

Good thing is that if Germany wins group, we will avoid both our dark horses, Spain and Italy - til the final at least.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Lahm: "We only need to consider one thing: that the talent and ego of every individual must serve the team.

"I don't want to finish in the semi-finals or go to Brazil to soak up the sun. I have a clear goal: that is the greatest possible success - the World Cup trophy.

"We have to work especially on our defence and have conceded too many goals and allowed too many good chances.

"We must pay more attention to how the defence dropped. The whole team needs to." [source]
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Balotelli racially abused at training camp [-X [source]

Spoiler: show
The striker was targeted by a small group of teenagers as he took part in a training session ahead of the World Cup

Italy striker Mario Balotelli was racially abused at a pre-World Cup training camp on Wednesday at the team’s base near Florence.

A group of teenagers hurled insults at the AC Milan star as he did laps of the pitch at Coverciano.

Balotelli shrugged off the incident but did tell team-mates it was “unbelievable” and that this kind of incident would only happen in “Rome or Florence”.

The president of the FIGC Giancarlo Abete said: “It was unacceptable behaviour on the part of the individuals who, by their actions, have demonstrated a lack of class.

“But we have to put it into context. The important thing is that there were only a few people involved.”

Italy coach Cesare Prandelli added: “I only heard nice chants. If there is more than one who makes headlines there is nothing I can do about that.”

Dario Nardella, the governing mayor of Florence, was disappointed the incident had occurred on his patch.

He said: “They were unacceptable insults hurled at Balotelli. It is even more serious as it came from a young fan.

“Florence is against racism and promotes respect, education and culture.”

Balotelli’s Italy team-mate Ciro Immobile expressed his disgust at what had happened but praised the way the former Manchester City striker handled himself.

He told a press conference: “In 2014, we shouldn't have to deal with racism.

"We have to improve as a nation. Fortunately, Mario was very calm.

"We will try to make appeals so these episodes do not happen again.

"I'm not ashamed of being Italian, but I do get upset by this type of behaviour."

Italy face the Republic of Ireland in London on May 31 in a friendly before heading to Brazil. They were drawn in Group D with England, Uruguay and Costa Rica.

What a disgusting story to hear, these same children will cheer him on when he scores goals for Italy. I feel for Balotelli right now and I am glad he did not react to the insults thrown at him =D>
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:55 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:

The striker was targeted by a small group of teenagers as he took part in a training session ahead of the World Cup

Italy striker Mario Balotelli was racially abused at a pre-World Cup training camp on Wednesday at the team’s base near Florence.

A group of teenagers hurled insults at the AC Milan star as he did laps of the pitch at Coverciano.

Balotelli shrugged off the incident but did tell team-mates it was “unbelievable” and that this kind of incident would only happen in “Rome or Florence”.

The president of the FIGC Giancarlo Abete said: “It was unacceptable behaviour on the part of the individuals who, by their actions, have demonstrated a lack of class.

“But we have to put it into context. The important thing is that there were only a few people involved.”

Italy coach Cesare Prandelli added: “I only heard nice chants. If there is more than one who makes headlines there is nothing I can do about that.”

Dario Nardella, the governing mayor of Florence, was disappointed the incident had occurred on his patch.

He said: “They were unacceptable insults hurled at Balotelli. It is even more serious as it came from a young fan.

Balotelli’s Italy team-mate Ciro Immobile expressed his disgust at what had happened but praised the way the former Manchester City striker handled himself.

"I'm not ashamed of being Italian, but I do get upset by this type of behaviour."

Italy face the Republic of Ireland in London on May 31 in a friendly before heading to Brazil. They were drawn in Group D with England, Uruguay and Costa Rica.

What a disgusting story to hear, these same children will cheer him on when he scores goals for Italy. I feel for Balotelli right now and I am glad he did not react to the insults thrown at him =D>

I don't think it is racial abuse... there are many other black players who do not receive the same abuse.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:57 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

I don't think it is racial abuse... there are many other black players who do not receive the same abuse.

Its not like Italy has many black players to begin with other than Balotelli and Ogbonna. And like Balo said its seems like Rome and Florence are where its the worst.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:14 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

I don't wish to start a debate but I think the racial / racist thing is sometimes blown out of proportion and it is an easy excuse...
Balo is booed wherever he goes... and this is because of his ego... Ronaldo is also a target and I don't think he is dark skinned... the same to Ibrahimovic and the same used to happen to Oliver Kahn and Effenberg or Roy Keane. I think those players with a particular character/attitude are always targeted.

Its not like Italy has many black players to begin with other than Balotelli and Ogbonna. And like Balo said its seems like Rome and Florence are where its the worst.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:16 pm

I don't wish to start a debate but I think the racial / racist thing is sometimes blown out of proportion and it is an easy excuse...
Balo is booed wherever he goes... and this is because of his ego... Ronaldo is also a target and I don't think he is dark skinned... the same to Ibrahimovic and the same used to happen to Oliver Kahn and Effenberg or Roy Keane. I think those players with a particular character/attitude are always targeted
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:24 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I don't wish to start a debate but I think the racial / racist thing is sometimes blown out of proportion and it is an easy excuse...
Balo is booed wherever he goes... and this is because of his ego... Ronaldo is also a target and I don't think he is dark skinned... the same to Ibrahimovic and the same used to happen to Oliver Kahn and Effenberg or Roy Keane. I think those players with a particular character/attitude are always targeted

I agree but from the way it sounded it was in Italy and from Balotelli's words a city where he has experienced the most type of racism). Also being the only colored player on the Italian NT its hard to imagine what else it could be.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Wed May 21, 2014 8:36 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Final:
Germany-Argentina

Oh please. When have they ever met on a final? Bah... :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Element » Thu May 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Mexicos Coach has Prohibited Sex and Alcohol for Mexico's players till the end of the world cup !!!!
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches