You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General World Cup 2014 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

FIFA World Cup 2014

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:51 am

Scolari said that Dante and Gustavo "naturally" have chances of appearing for the Seleção at the FIFA World Cup 2014, hosted in Brazil.

Source: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 97376.html
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: FIFA World Cup 2014

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Its about time!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Yoda » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Anyone bet Brazil will not make the semis? Dante and Gustavo wont save them. Hell even Uruguay look better than Brazil right now.

I see Germany winning, but then I always do that and the Mannschafft disappoints me time and again going out after playing so well.
Fan of
Arsenal - Bayern

Uli Hoeness -" Let's say we charged €300. We'd get €2m more in income, but what's €2m to us? but the difference between €104 and €300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk."
Yoda
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby meister » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Yoda wrote:Anyone bet Brazil will not make the semis? Dante and Gustavo wont save them. Hell even Uruguay look better than Brazil right now.

I see Germany winning, but then I always do that and the Mannschafft disappoints me time and again going out after playing so well.

really?? Uruguay is really bad at this moment, in the last fixture they lost 4-1 against Bolivia in La Paz. I find hard to believe in a Brazil worst than a NT who lost 4-1 against bolivia
meister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:40 pm

MUTU wrote:Scolari said that Dante and Gustavo "naturally" have chances of appearing for the Seleção at the FIFA World Cup 2014, hosted in Brazil.

Of course they will. Scolari is an experienced coach, and he knows he needs some "walls" to cover up for his players' attacking forays.

Yoda wrote:Anyone bet Brazil will not make the semis? Dante and Gustavo wont save them.

Seriously, putting aside the fact that D&G are Bayern players, having a few tough tacklers and defensive organizers (T.Silva is also there, of course), plus some running machines (Ramires), would vastly improve their chances of advancing to the latter stages. The next step for Scolari, and he knows it, is to call-up the CM/CAM guys of Shakhtar for the NT. He needs to put all the current unjustified concentration on Neymar/Ganso aside, and start from ground zero. He won't win with local guys, he needs European players.

We (as in being a hardcore Germany supporter) will definitely be more favorites for the title, then comes Spain. Argentina will also be favored more than Brasil, probably. But imagine if Scolari fields up a team like:

Something like the above team would in no way be a walk in the park for the favorites. With Brasil playing in front of their ball-adoring fans, and with the experiences Scolari on board, they might as well reach the final and lose it against Germany.
Last edited by MoFattal on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:42 pm

meister wrote:really?? Uruguay is really bad at this moment, in the last fixture they lost 4-1 against Bolivia in La Paz. I find hard to believe in a Brazil worst than a NT who lost 4-1 against bolivia

I don't think ANY game in La Paz should be taken seriously. When you play at 3,600mts above sea level, tactics rely on not dying before half time for lack of air. If you don't believe, ask Diego, he knows a thing or two about it.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:55 pm

meister wrote:I find hard to believe in a Brazil worst than a NT who lost 4-1 against bolivia

OH HAI
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:03 pm

Yoda wrote:Anyone bet Brazil will not make the semis? Dante and Gustavo wont save them. Hell even Uruguay look better than Brazil right now.

I dunno, I think Dante and Gustavo are exactly the kind of players they need. They'll balance the squad, and with a balanced squad I'll rate them as favourites together with Germany and Spain.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby meister » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:24 am

tflags wrote:
meister wrote:really?? Uruguay is really bad at this moment, in the last fixture they lost 4-1 against Bolivia in La Paz. I find hard to believe in a Brazil worst than a NT who lost 4-1 against bolivia

I don't think ANY game in La Paz should be taken seriously. When you play at 3,600mts above sea level, tactics rely on not dying before half time for lack of air. If you don't believe, ask Diego, he knows a thing or two about it.

ok but that doesn't mean that the altitude will make the players lose all their football abilities, sure it can be really hard but that's where it stop, for example Chile could win in la paz with no major problems.

now going back to uruguay, i think they dropped to many points, for example the 1-1 against venezuela, and the 4-0 against colombia
meister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby dvorders » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Uruguay had their resurgence. Suarez is down, Forlan won't do that again and they are getting older. Also, they aren't developing younger talent at the same pace as other South American countries, let alone the world. Cavani and di Maria is all they have. I'd hear arguments for Lavezzi. More worried about Colombia.

As for Brazil. They need Dante. Thiago Silva is the best CB in the game. After that David Luiz is playing great now, but I like how Gary Neville described him as playing like he was being controlled by a teenager playing FIFA. He was all over the place. Lucio is too old and with both Dani Alves and Marcelo being wing-mids playing wing-back they need the defensive help. Gustavo is harder. Brazil isn't going to play 2 CDMs. That will go to Lucas or Sandro. Brazil theoretically plays 2 CBs, 1 CDM and 7 CAM/WM/ST.
dvorders
Getting the hang of it

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Di Maria and Lazezzi are Argentinian.......
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby dvorders » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Di Maria and Lazezzi are Argentinian.......

Yes you are correct, my mistake on that one. Gaston Ramirez was the winger I was thinking about and Lavezzi came to my head because he played at Napoli with Cavani. Goes to enforce my point about Urugay being finished more though
dvorders
Getting the hang of it

Postby AdepT » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:58 pm

After Gusta gets called, he'll have to show his worth. He's more than capable to play for them.
Dante surely would be a favourite seeing his performance charts for last 2 years.

I think Oscar too could be a starter for them though it'll depend on his consistency this year.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby JJJ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 pm

I just read that Tottenham's Sandro won't play again this season. :mrgreen:
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Re: General World Cup 2014 Thread

Postby Element » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:08 pm

The World cup 2014 group stage draw will be held in Bahia in 6th December 2013
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches