You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General World Cup 2014 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: General World Cup 2014 Thread

Postby Borusse » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:23 am

Hummels already wrote on twitter this is not what he said or at least he hopes it is not what he said, maybe his english is not as good as in the past. :P

Whatever, we all know Hummels wouldn't say such a thing.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:26 am

I did not hear his actual worda, nor would I understand them because my German isn't good enough. He probably said that Germany did not play with as much intensity as the first half, which any team would obviously have done and which is no news.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:37 am

Just looking at who published is enough warning that it's most likely made up, twisted words. After all it's the Germans that have a word like schadenfreude. :wink:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby runaway » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:33 am

Btw, what you guys think of this?

For me it's a defeatist mentality. Sure it's awesome to win the trophy but when you fall short at the end, it's still better to give everything on the field. End it with a bang not a whimper. Teams can have all the talent, all the tactics but in this kind of competition, luck plays a large part. World Cup for me is not about the trophy (especially since my own nation isn't a part of it), it's the celebration of football and showcase of each nation's talent. I can sympathize with Brazilian tear's at the anthem. It's a huge pride to represent one's country at the biggest football stage. Teams like Costa Rica, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, even USA, can bow out of the tournament with their heads high. Nobody will call them a loser because they did their best and played "marvelously well." They lost the games but they gave everything in the field and won the public's heart. For smaller nations, this will still be an achievement, something to be proud of. South Korea is proud of their 3rd place from one of the dirtiest WC ever. I bet Mexico or Costa Rica will exchange places with them in a heartbeat.

Let's see how Brazil handles this game maybe they can give 7-1 to Netherlands.

But most importantly....... GO GERMANY!!!!!!!!! We've had enough 3rd place games, it's our time!!!!!!!!!! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:54 am

We finished third in the last two world cups. It doesn't mean a thing but it does give you a chance to end the tournament on a winning note. I can't imagine what it would have felt like had Portugal and Uruguay beaten Germany in 2006 and 2010 respectively. I think Van Gaal is right.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:06 pm

I guess I come from a nation that just by being in the WC is an achievement that affects my sentiments.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:07 pm

It's a consolation prize for the 3rd place winner but the final nail in the coffin for the one that finishes 4th.

My other gripe with it is the fact it's called 3rd place when it's possible that the losing finalist (2nd place) didn't play against the 3rd placed team. For example if Germany beat Argentina and Brazil beat Holland, how can you say that Argentina did better than Brazil? One team won then lost in their final 2 matches, the other team lost then won in their final 2 matches. If it was a league they'd both get 3 points from their final 2 matches but only in the World Cup semifinals onwards, losing the first match is considered worse than losing the last match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Well, the 3rd place match on Euro was removed because people didn't come to watch the match. I see the last time was in Italy 1980 and the winner was Czechoslovakia against the host Italy. No wonder. People in Italy in the last 15 years rather like to stay at home and watch games on TV than on stadiums. :roll:

On the last 2 Euros people have ask themselves what's going on with the match for the 3rd place.

Van Gaal is wrong. What would we do with Olympics, handball, basketball, waterpolo, etc. etc.? Should we remove the 3rd place from these places, as well?

In the last 6-7 years Croatian wanted so badly to win Handball gold in both Euro and World championship. Every time has come a large disappointment from the fans, media, all people who watched the tournaments and expected gold. But we almost every time no matter how fúcked up played and almost every time took that bronze medal no matter what. It's still success!

We are not talking about Wengi and his "The fourth place is a trophy!", are we? :mrgreen:
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby tflags » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:58 pm

World Cups are played every 9 years and they are over in a couple of hours. Let them play for 3rd and fourth place; van Gaal and Robben might not like them, but they sure are consolation prizes for teams that did deserve to win them; even if Brazil or the Netherlands didn't.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 pm

MUTU wrote:It's a consolation prize for the 3rd place winner but the final nail in the coffin for the one that finishes 4th.

Uruguay returned from South Africa with a 4th place diploma, yet they were received at home as third time World Cup champions; MVP winners too. They even got ahead of Germany for that third place briefly; close to winning that match.

Every game is different. Just imagine how good it can do for Brazil to end the Cup with a win; or Robben to win the MVP award after a hat trick tomorrow.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:26 pm

tflags wrote:World Cups are played every 9 years

OK, this is definitely not a typo, but I don't get the joke. Please explain :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:41 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:World Cups are played every 9 years

OK, this is definitely not a typo, but I don't get the joke. Please explain :)

World Cups are shorter than the time it takes to blink twice and then you have to wait for two eternities for the next one. Let them play for 3rd and 4th place; is the least they can give us after waiting for so long.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby runaway » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:21 pm

For me, the 4 teams in the semis (unless it was totally undeserved ala WC 2002) is already successful. Any team beyond that point has the chance to win it and be the deserved champions. It's already something to brag about especially if the team does it consistently which only proves the quality of the team. Not even passing through the group stages is what's shameful.

Korean players got pelted by toffees and their manager quit thereafter when they went home this WC. Because they expected so much for their team and it meant so much to them. You don't see that in England or Spain or Italy. A mocking and derisive comments maybe but not that kind of public shaming.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:25 pm

have a look at this [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorsett » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
have a look at this [source]

On a scale from 1 to 37, I understand approximately a 4...
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches