You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General World Cup 2014 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: General World Cup 2014 Thread

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Argentina scares me more than Netherlands to be honest. Still, we should come out as champions.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:12 pm

You guys seriously think Mertesucker vs Messi and Higuaín is not going to be an horror show. Hell, just imagine the German running back trying to catch , say, Robben. OMG!
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:16 pm

tflags wrote:You guys seriously think Mertesucker vs Messi and Higuaín is not going to be an horror show. Hell, just imagine the German running back trying to catch , say, Robben. OMG!

I'm sure Mertesacker won't play. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Do you know what? Argentina is also Italy. :mrgreen: Too bad that I have to tell you this.

The best Argentinian players were Italians. Now you see another Italian dominating the world(Mesi), the coach who is also Italian(Sabella) and the playing style looks never closer to Italian(defensive, compact, very unpredictable results).

I've never thought that Argentina could look like Italy, but they are in this World Cup.

According to Bild, Argentina are more easier opponent than Holland, but you never know what's gonna happen in the finals and which of those 2 teams will reach it.
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby runaway » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:48 pm

BTW, I just realized that they didn't gave a tribute and moment of silence to Di Stefano. So he didn't play in WC? Hardly his fault for Argentina not joining the two WCs. :roll: And yet they let Brazil have that Neymar drama as if he's the one who died.

Even the 2 people killed on the collapsed bridge incident, which was on the way to Estadio Mineirao, not a single tear shed for them?

#-o

EDIT:
FIFA has announced they will give a tribute to Di Stefano in Netherlands-Argentina game. [source]

Parker wrote:Brazil didn’t look right from the moment they all turned up wearing their caps in front of Neymar. It was ridiculous. That’s what finished Brazil: they had no fight and they had an excuse ready to use before they even kicked a ball.

I was embarrassed by David Luiz, holding up that shirt at the national anthems, even though I knew he had an ego about him, but I was surprised by Julio Cesar with his experience that he would go through with it too. It was totally embarrassing that they allowed that to happen. When I saw that No. 10 shirt hanging between those two I assumed they had retired it, that Neymar had died.

Would you see England players doing the same for Wayne Rooney? No, they would say, ‘hang on a moment, we aren’t just about one player, it’s about us now and we are going to do a job’. You never show your weakness – never – but Brazil made clear how much the loss of Neymar had affected them and it played straight into Germany’s hands.

When you think about players like Zico, Rivaldo, Socrates, Pele, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and all the rest, they were all superior players to Neymar but you never had the same level of fawning adulation. They still believed they had the best players irrespective of their star man. This team was entirely dependent on one personality.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby scaPEPgoat » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm

FCB general wrote:THE BEST GOAL OF WORLD CUP 2014 - HAMES RODRIGUEZ!

European teams don't know how to play football except France and this Latinamerican teams. Great world cup, no tiki-taka, dinamic football, attractive, full of surprises, goals, etc. That's what is this game about! :cheers:

Not sure if you caught the game but that Germany - Brazil game could be described as "full of surprises, goals, etc."
Another big "surprise" by one of the latin american teams. Losing 7 to 1 but hey, you like it when your latin american teams surprise you so you must have loved it. So far France and latin american teams have hardly been "what this game is about" . Latin american football is, at its best, nonstop diving, faking, complaining an fouls and, at worst, shrinks for mentally unstable babies who can't stop crying because of the pressure, turncoat fans and violence. Germany have now scored more world cup goals than any other team. Scoring more goals...now that is what this beautiful game of OURS is really about!
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:52 pm

All of Argentina's attacks came from their right flank so far. Their left side was non existent in attack. Maybe switch Lahm to LB. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Nobody wants to score a goal to meet Germany in the final. :lol:
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:03 pm

imo nothing to write home about although arg looked more dangerous. I guess di maria would be fit for an eventual final. One cannot say which is the best poss opppnent to Germany cause every game is a diff story. On one hand you have the solid teamwork and organaization of arg on the other there is a certain LvG who will surely come out with a trap for his former players - esp Mueller and Bastian.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:53 pm

That late Robben chance was almost a copy of his CL final goal...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:54 pm

This was the most boring 90 minutes of football I have ever seen. They bored me to death so much I am going to sleep.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:55 pm

wow that Robben - Snejder combo which lead to Rohben chance in the 91st minute remeinded me in the Ribery / Robben combo vs BVB

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:56 pm

Best game this World Cup hands down.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AllensRoten » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:14 pm

Dirk Kuyt is a hardworking engine, but it really gets boring watching him do the same thing on the wing: run forward, puts the ball on his right foot, and crosses the ball in or gives a short pass. He might as well play a center defensive mid position or something because he has no business playing on the wings.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:51 pm

Feel bad for Robben but at least he gets to come back to Bayern sooner. Glad that the final will be a classic between Argentina and Germany! :)
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches