You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General World Cup 2014 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: General World Cup 2014 Thread

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:53 am

Costa Rica has to thank R. van Persie for taking them to the penalty shootout, we've seen some great blocks from him and he was always checking their offside trap if it works properly. Robin van Persie, underrated defender.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dgro » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:13 am

No doubt. Also worth mentioning, in these last two games Sneijder has looked as good as he has since 2010. Very "unlucky" not to score one today. I'm so pumped to see what happens when Sneijder, Robben, and (the admittedly underperforming) RVP clash with Messi. Someone's going to play the hero in that game, I'm excited to find out who.
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:27 am

JANCKER wrote:Costa Rica has to thank R. van Persie for taking them to the penalty shootout, we've seen some great blocks from him and he was always checking their offside trap if it works properly. Robin van Persie, underrated defender.

haha :lol:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby pyrasur » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:55 am

Dgro wrote:I would be so satisfied with a Germany / Netherlands final. Obviously I'm pro-Germany but I have a lot of love for this Netherlands team in particular, especially with Robben being there. Hell if the Netherlands win it all I might have to get an oranje #10. Even an Argentina win would be ok with me because it would do a lot for Messi's "legacy", and I think he's a class act who deserves only positive recognition.

Totally agree. Even though I cheer for Germany, as long as Germany knock out Brazil I won't really mind who wins it. For Robben to win the WC, after all the trials the man has faced and overcome through sheer perseverance would be pure poetry. Messi too is a classy player, always works hard never goes down easy (even with Fellaini tugging hard). Fingers crossed for Germany still though, and hopefully the team can start clicking.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:57 am

If Germany make it to the final, I don't want the Netherlands because then everyone would support them.

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:11 am

Can you guys believe that after Van Gaal's qualification, a friend of mine posted a status on facebook saying "Man Utd in the top 4 at the world cup?" :lol: :lol:

What should a fan of a team with half its squad in the last 4 and at least one player in 3 of the 4 remaining teams say? :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:43 am

MaCk0y wrote:If Germany make it to the final, I don't want the Netherlands because then everyone would support them.

Sent from Neo N003

Well if we managed to overturn the support of Brazil, Netherland's won't be a problem.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:45 am

MoFattal wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:If Germany make it to the final, I don't want the Netherlands because then everyone would support them.

Sent from Neo N003

Well if we managed to overturn the support of Brazil, Netherland's won't be a problem.

The neutrals would support the Netherlands since they haven't won it yet.

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:07 am

although there is a trend that the team with the most backing from the neutrals end up on the loosing side . Atletico 2014, BVB 2013 Nedeland 2010, 1974.
My only worry is how to overcome brazil but if that happens another stern test awaits cause both argentina and the nederland have some payback to do...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:20 am

The trio of Germany, Argentina and Netherlands are desperate as hell to get their hands on the trophy. Brazil of course wants it but not as desperately as the others.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:50 pm

It would be a hell of a semis, after a great world cup.

All 4 teams are capable of winning the trophy and every possible scenario of a final would be legendary.

So exciting :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCB general » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:41 pm

MoFattal wrote:The trio of Germany, Argentina and Netherlands are desperate as hell to get their hands on the trophy. Brazil of course wants it but not as desperately as the others.

Brazil want as well... They still remember Maracanos(Uruguay).
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Lukas » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:12 pm

MoFattal wrote:Brazil of course wants it but not as desperately as the others.

Errrrrm WHAT????? No offence but are you watching the same world cup as the rest of us? :lol:
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby tflags » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:56 pm

You have to hand it to van Gaal. There's the Netherlands, a team with close to no chances of making it through the group stages and with closer calls than a George W. Bush reelection campaign.
He went into the Cup heading a team with a defense so shaky it took them five men to get them through the first stage and whose defensive midfield strategy can be best described as a series of contract kills to their designated hitman. Their whole strategy of letting the two boys up front loose while de Jong destroyed every knee and toe from Iniesta to Sánchez all fell apart on the second round when the enforcer himself fell victim of a groin injury vs the Mexicans. Without their destroyer the Netherlands fell victim of its own past, and its own future. A team mixed between boys so inexperienced at this stage, a sentiment only matched by the complacency of the old boys and have beens. They were already out of the count.

And yet they made it through.

With a mix of magic dust (van Persie vs the Spanish), a lot of luck (vs the Australians), patience and careful timing (Fer vs Chile), glorious one last minute comebacks (Sneijder vs the Mexicans), trickery and witchcraft (Robben vs the Mexicans) the Netherlands made it through to the quarterfinals vs Costa Rica.

The Netherlands finally went into a match as the clear an unequivocal favourite and goals were expected. And yet the two teams presented a encounter as exiting as a mining excavation dissertation. For all the threat the boys from the Premiere League may have presented (Campbell and Ruiz), van Gaal was expected to risk something more than three at the back complemented by Kuyt and Blind on the sides. The end result was an encounter of two teams parking ten men at the back between them.

And yet where Costa Rica was hardly ever in a position to score, Sneijder's two posts came way too spaced between them. The Netherlands had the ball, the Netherlands controlled the game, the Netherlands was in a set up which hindered themselves from scoring. The dutch trainer had lost. He had failed to score a single goal vs a Central American team whose qualification as first of their group was already covered on the 'miracle' section of their coach's contract. van Gaal, owner of the most expensive solitary striker on the land and the fastest counter attacking gazelle ever seen downing an orange shirt, failed to produce what just weeks before seemed as easy as flipping a pass forward and quick skipping Casillas.

It wasn't all van Gaal's fault in truth. I mean, I don't think he ever predicted Lens was going to be caught off side more times than an central american foreigner on the wrong side of the border. It was a disaster of semifinal proportions. Failing to win a game that should have been done and dusted even before it started.

And yet van Gaal had the last laugh. Few noticed he failed to use all of his substitutions on a 120 minute game and the few of those who did, wondered exactly why was he so complacent with the state of the match. He wasn't, but this was a different van Gaal. This was not that stubborn reinforcement-wary strategist who said no when Khedira was 'presented on a platter' back in 2009 and whose answer to a Neuer negotiation was a guy who was regularly seen playing in Germany's second division. This wasn't a guy whose answer for every matter pertaining anything from left back to left winger was a dude called Pranjic and who claimed he could do with someone named Hammit Altintop for half-seasons worthy Robben. This was a guy who sent Kroos packing after a single game in the Bundesliga.

No, this was not vintage van Gaal. This was a new version, wearing a tighter belt I bet. van Gaal caught Pinto at his own game. If that was what the Colombian wanted, that is what he was going to let him have. And yet what seemed to be the answer to all Costa Rica's prayers turned against them. van Gaal sent his reserve goal keeper aka penalty master of World Cup proportions into the pitch on to eleven guys who had been sweating it for what must have felt like an eternity. How's that for psychological blows?

Did anyone noticed Krul, a bit less than perfect ball catching skills aside, managed to jump to the correct side every single time? With every penalty van Gaal converted the coin toss chaos called penalty shootout into an art form: The art of giving your enemy want they want, and then making them feel the pain for it.
Last edited by tflags on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:35 pm

Lukas wrote:
MoFattal wrote:Brazil of course wants it but not as desperately as the others.

Errrrrm WHAT????? No offence but are you watching the same world cup as the rest of us? :lol:

I sounded wrong there. The Brazilians are indeed playing with the highest spirits. What I meant to say is that it wouldn't be the end of the world for them if they didn't win since they have their star player injured and are still young in age. On the other hand, this might be the last chance for the Golden generation of Germany and Argetina. As for Netherlands, they just cannot lose any more finals :)
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches