You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General World Cup 2014 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: FIFA World Cup 2014

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:47 pm

My first memory was watching the World Cup final of 1990. It was the first and last time I supported against (West/East/unified) Germany, because this 7 year old kid had heard that Argentina had the best player in the world. Germany haven't won a World Cup since I started supporting them :evil:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AdepT » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:51 pm

MUTU wrote:My first memory was watching the World Cup final of 1990. It was the first and last time I supported against (West/East/unified) Germany, because this 7 year old kid had heard that Argentina had the best player in the world. Germany haven't won a World Cup since I started supporting them :evil:

That means since Argentina has the current best player of the world, you'd switch sides again? :P
I'm hoping you were on the right side in 2010. :D
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby quaazi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:06 pm

MUTU wrote:So you supported Šuker and co. during the World Cup 1998's 3-0 demolition of Germany? I still remember my friend doing 3 missed calls on our home landline after the match had almost ended. :evil:

I have to admit, I did. Mostly for the same reason as you said - youth. Still have a soft spot for them, though many great Bayern players - the Kovac' bros, Olic, Mandzukic, help. Not even Pranjic can ruin that!

Just look at their squad list these days! They have a monstrous collection of players, certainly better than your England or Portugal when your superstars don't count. Would rate them above Belgium as well, for all their talent, their lot is still young and their best is to come. Croatia is certainly a top 10 team in the world, and a run of good luck could see them get pretty close to the cup... but alas, it doesn't look likely these days (look at their draw in the Euros).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:07 pm

My first WC final was the Brazil-Italy in 1994. I recall having my family split between the two, whereas I wasn't fond of either. Hence, Germany it was from then on :dante:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Every time I talk about Croatia I start to wonder about that Yugoslavian super-team... thankfully people are working on that. (the XI, I mean, not the painful political procedure of reuniting Yugoslavia :P ).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:17 pm

I hate Brazil because my first football memory is Ronaldo and that God-awful haircut putting two past Kahn. I also remember Neuville's awesome free-kick a few minutes earlier. I've loved Germany since then partly due to that bad luck and underdog image.

On another note, Egypt are now qualified for the last part of the African qualifiers: the play-offs. Egypt have won 5 games in 5 tries, and are the only team besides Holland to achieve such a feat. Basically, our team is 9 players trying to give the ball to Abou Treika, who then does his magic; which usually ends up in Salah scoring. For our five qualifiers, we've played at an average level for the most part, but we always get results. The bad thing is that the play off draw will be based on FIFA rankings, which screws us over because we're in the 70s. Hopefully, those last two wins can give us a boost and make us one of the top 5 ranked African teams, we're 15th now. I blame our terrible ranking on our FA's insistence to play so many friendly's and our team's insistence to lose when it doesn't matter. Anyways here's to hoping that Egypt get to Brazil, because Egypt's last World Cup appearance and Germany's last World Cup win coincided.
Last edited by AssemFCB on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby techwiz911 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:22 pm

I became a fan of Germany when I watched them(especially Klose) play at the 2006 world cup(I was 10 years old). His cheeky tap-ins and accurate headers really impressed me. It was Klose again who made me a Bayern fan too.
"The referees have it hard enough and we have to be honest to make their job easier" - Miroslav Klose

#Respect
techwiz911
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 pm

quaazi wrote:Every time I talk about Croatia I start to wonder about that Yugoslavian super-team... thankfully people are working on that. (the XI, I mean, not the painful political procedure of reuniting Yugoslavia :P ).

Why the hell is jelavic above dzeko and mandzukic apart form that seems spot on would be a force
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby BayernLove » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Wellement, Element, whadda ya think of our situation?
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AdepT » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:02 pm

This war is going places. South Korea vs Iran
What's up with Son too?
After South Korea's Son Heung-Min had claimed he would make Iran shed "blood tears" on Tuesday, Quieroz said: "I think we have to stop here.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:46 am

ramsej84 wrote:I think Brazil will win it... Top 4 Brazil, Italy, Spain, Germany. Outsiders - Nederland, Argentina, Colombia, France.

Belgium should be among the outsiders but apart from that I completely agree.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:19 pm

England! just kidding but i can dream we will probably lose in quarters
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby tflags » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:28 pm

For me there is no 'complete' World Cup without a proper WC Clasico; be it in the form of Brazil vs Italy, (all time favourite: Zico vs Rossi); Germany vs France (Rummenigge spoiling Platini's 3-1 lead on extra time is the best game in WC history) and finally the ultimate clasico: Germany vs Argentina. That last one is only comparable to pizza or sex; even when its bad it is still good. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:52 pm

tflags wrote:(all time favourite: Zico vs Rossi)

From a FIFA article:

Having replied to each of Paolo Rossi's two first-half goals in Barcelona, Brazil could not summon a response when the Juventus forward notched again 16 minutes from time. Rossi never looked back, adding two more in the semi-final against Poland and the opener in the 3-1 showpiece victory over West Germany. "I went on holiday to Brazil a few years later," Rossi said. "A taxi driver recognised me and kindly asked me to get out of his car because of the huge disappointment I had caused his country."
:lol:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Dgro » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:37 pm

I didn't want to make a thread just for one silly question, and this seems like an apt enough place to put it, so: does anyone know how much it costs to get into a World Cup match? I mean roughly, say you want "decent" seats to a quarterfinal match, how much would that cost? Ignoring travel costs and all of that, just for the ticket.
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches