You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General World Cup 2014 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: General World Cup 2014 Thread

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:03 am

Lukas wrote:With Spain, Croatia and Italy out, this is very good news for Germany :mrgreen:

Just need someone to beat Brazil now

Actually, it's bad news. Besides France, Germany have as opponents sky-high Latin American teams and - Greece. :mrgreen:

Now they will have to climb to mountain with even more pressure. This tournament isn't a joke.

Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Costa Rica, Greece, Uruguay, very likely Switzerland, Brazil, Belgium, Holland...

At first it seems like good news, but after you hold on for a second and look at the names and performances of the mentioned teams... Won't be easy at all. :P
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:17 am

They do play exactly the style to beat Germany. Grab a go ahead goal, draw everyone out then score in two v two situations or in garbage set pieces. If Germany can get get its defense back it will be no problem though. Except for Brazil South American offense won't break down a systematic defense.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Lukas » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:25 am

Oh no I'm not saying it will be easy for Germany, just that their eternal Angstgegner Italy and more recent Angstgegner Spain and Croatia are out, which is good news. I still think a South American team is more likely to win though
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:12 am

Germany would finish every time top of the table, if World Cup wasn't made with the knockout phase, I think Bayern would too dominate if Champions League had its format changed to a league mode. In the long run they're the best, but in the knockout phase it can happen that a mini-team can score and get away with a miserable win. E.g. Greece in Euro 2004, was that the best of Europe? No... I'd say Italy in WC 2006 too, wasn't. It's good that it doesn't happen too often to have a winner like Greece or Italy, hope it doesn't happen this time or any other time.
I'm happy with any winner but not with the ones that advance in a miserable way.
Germany has every element to go all the way, against every opponent, I see no other team that is more complete than ours, but there's always that but... Let's give it a try once more.
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dgro » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:39 am

JANCKER wrote:I see no other team that is more complete than Germany, but there's always that but... Let's give it a try once more.

I think where Germany is incomplete is in the need to play players out of position. Howedes as a fullback is not ideal (Boateng to an extent as well). Our wingers are not wingers by trade. We do not field a true striker. The strength of the Germans is in their great individual quality (what other team could afford to bench a Schweinsteiger or a Gotze?) and ability to come together as a team and play very well, but to me they're not the most "complete" team.
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Dgro » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:47 am

I just saw the James Rodriquez vs Japan highlights from earlier today. Holy crap, I am ashamed to say I had never even heard of the kid until this World Cup. Where did he come from?? I hope he goes and plays for a better club after he's done filling up his bank account courtesy of Monaco
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:51 am

Dgro wrote:I just saw the James Rodriquez vs Japan highlights from earlier today. Holy crap, I am ashamed to say I had never even heard of the kid until this World Cup. Where did he come from?? I hope he goes and plays for a better club after he's done filling up his bank account courtesy of Monaco

I don't know how you missed him he was tearing up the Portugese League and UCL with Porto before moving to Monaco. Tip quality player and soon to be world class at this rate in my opinion.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dgro » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:23 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
Dgro wrote:I just saw the James Rodriquez vs Japan highlights from earlier today. Holy crap, I am ashamed to say I had never even heard of the kid until this World Cup. Where did he come from?? I hope he goes and plays for a better club after he's done filling up his bank account courtesy of Monaco

I don't know how you missed him he was tearing up the Portugese League and UCL with Porto before moving to Monaco. Tip quality player and soon to be world class at this rate in my opinion.

Well I live in the United States, so unless I am honing in on something in particular (ex by visiting this forum, streaming Bayern games online, keeping an eye on the tables of the major 4 leagues) I'm not exposed to anything except that Messi is the best, Ronaldo is the second best, and Mario Balotelli is the future of Soccer. Oh, and the MLS will be competitive any day now
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Ruht » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:37 am

Any link to those highlights mate? Missed the game but would love to see how he played.

I'm really gutted for Japan. I really love that team but they were nothing short of disappointing during the WC. Expected so much of them. Pleasantly surprised by Colombia though, they look like a team that could go far. Lovely team that plays good football. Wouldn't mind seeing them go far, if it is not at the expense of Germany that is.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby nur4bayern » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:46 am

Before the WC I was watching ESPN FC and they had a FIFA referee on to discuss the role of ref's in a tournament as big as the WC. He commented with conviction on how the ref's were going to be watching closely and punishing diving and making sure PK's were absolutely spot on. He also said, this WC was going to be as free as possible of controversial calls and that the ref's were to call close, but fair matches. :^o
Must have lost something in translation from English to whatever.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:42 am

IMO the writing was on the wall (If it is possible due to match combinations) we are going to see 4 Lations in the S/F : Mexico, Colombia, Argentina & Brazil.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:02 am

There is a discussion about the penalty in Greece game (they only show the second part where Samaras trips on his foot, but only AFTER defender contacted him) so I thought I post this video.

Almost funniest of all were those English BBC reporters: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27851067
Funny thing is that Samaras was wearing white yesterday, not blue :lol: How jealous some people can be...for returning home early...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:07 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:44 am

Hahaha this actually happened [source]

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:56 am

ramsej84 wrote:IMO the writing was on the wall (If it is possible due to match combinations) we are going to see 4 Lations in the S/F : Mexico, Colombia, Argentina & Brazil.

Colombia and Brazil meet in the quarter-finals (if they make it), so at most there will be three of these countries. One European will 99% make it (France or Germany), unless we are somehow by beaten by Algeria or Nigeria or whoever qualifies.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches