You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General World Cup 2014 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: FIFA World Cup 2014

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:44 am

I don't think Argentina stands a chance against Germany. I don't think ____________ stands a chance against Germany for that matter.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:13 am

well brazil at home is still a tough scalp for anyone. Interesting you bring up france they seem to have been forgotten but i rate them highly
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Borusse » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:14 am

I watched a lot of Argentina games lately. Going forward they are deadly, finally using Messi in the right way - close to unstopabble, I dont see anyone keeping a clean sheet against them. But their defence is very average and that can cost them the World Cup.

Strange thing about Brazil. Looking at their squad they should really be considered one of the favourites but it seems like they can't use their huge potential. The backline is pure class - Alves, Silva, Luiz/Dante, Marcelo - then you have players like Gustavo, Lucas, Neymar, Hulk, Oscar so attacking force is also there. I dont know what to think, lets wait and see what Brazil shows against Italy and Mexico. :wink:

Germany have all things necessary to finally win. We will see how it goes.

But it will probably be Spain again, their football is very dominant but it is also very boring at times.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby techwiz911 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:30 am

Brazil cannot hope to get past Germany or Spain with that kind of defense, unless Neymar and co can do something extraordinary up front. The individual quality is there, but I don't think their defense has developed that crucial understanding yet. Personally, I don't think they'll contest the final.

Argentina have better attacking potential than Brazil, but again, their defense is outright average(not to mention aging). Messi needs to show his magic if they are to even get into the semis.

Italy, on the other hand, have a good defense and a decent attack. Certainly a more 'complete' team. I can definitely see them getting in to the semis or possibly more, who knows.

France are the most underrated team in my opinion. They've got experience in Ribery, Benzema, Nasri and also young talent in Ben Arfa, Varane, Grenier. If they can play together as a team, anything is possible.

Spain, well, will be the favorites again, no doubt about that. They've already got a World Cup winning squad and have improved by adding young talent. Unless they make a blunder, they should(not saying they will) win another title.

Though England have improved a lot by adding youth to their aging squad, they, in my opinion, aren't good enough, yet again. They'll probably be shown the door in the round of 16 or quarters. I can't see them getting any further.

Croatia will certainly be the underdogs, but again, they've been unable to transform individual talent into a good team. Still, they'll cause a few upsets.

Belgium are the team, according to me, who will burst into the scene in this World Cup. They'll definitely draw attention, and if they are anything close to what their team sheet is, anything is possible.

And last, the football nation we all are crazy about, Germany. I think it's our Cup. I really do. We've seen enough chokings on our part, and seeing Bayern winning it all, plus Dortmund showing their class, I think our days are finally here. Its time for Die Nationalmannschaft to dominate the World.
"The referees have it hard enough and we have to be honest to make their job easier" - Miroslav Klose

#Respect
techwiz911
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:32 am

Damn I almost finished writing a long post about how I see Spain's, Brazil's and Germany's chances but my browser crashed and I lost the entire post. :twisted: I'll repost the gist later.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:07 am

I would love to see an Argentina - Germany final. Would be awesome. :wink:

World Cup will definitely be interesting. I think the four teams which will play in the semis are Spain, Argentina, Germany and Belgium. :P

I really like Belgium. They are already putting great performances. Almost their entire squad is young, they will only get better before the WC.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:09 am

Belgium, on paper, look like a great team. However, it all depends on whether the young Belgians want to use the world cup as an opportunity to showcase themselves or as an opportunity to actually show how good the team could be.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm still holding out for that Croatia World Cup win. It's gotta happen some day! :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:22 pm

quaazi wrote:I'm still holding out for that Croatia World Cup win. It's gotta happen some day! :P

You REALLY love Mandzukic, don't you? :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:24 pm

I liked the Croatian team before it was cool!

Well, not really, actually I just jumped on the bandwagon in 98. 'dat Šuker.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Memories of Suker in the 1998 World Cup just came back to my mind. God dammit those self passes were awesome. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AdepT » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:28 pm

MUTU wrote:
quaazi wrote:I'm still holding out for that Croatia World Cup win. It's gotta happen some day! :P

You REALLY love Mandzukic, don't you? :)

So do I. But Olic is included too. :D

But no WC wishes for them from myside. It's high time Schweini/Lahm lift that gold thingy. [-o<

PS : Gotta research Šuker. The first WC I watched was 2002 as a newbie to football on TV. :oops:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:41 pm

I think Brazil will win it... Top 4 Brazil, Italy, Spain, Germany. Outsiders - Nederland, Argentina, Colombia, France.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:43 pm

quaazi wrote:Well, not really, actually I just jumped on the bandwagon in 98. 'dat Šuker.

So you supported Šuker and co. during the World Cup 1998's 3-0 demolition of Germany? I still remember my friend doing 3 missed calls on our home landline after the match had almost ended. :evil:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:43 pm

AdepT wrote:The first WC I watched was 2002 as a newbie to football on TV. :oops:

One of my first memories was watching the Netherlands hit the post on stoppage time vs Argentina in 1978 on a pitch full of confeti. That goal would have brought the game to a close and total dismay for the hosts. Got hooked on World Cups right there until Germany won over Argentina in '90 (go figure!)
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches