You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General World Cup 2014 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: General World Cup 2014 Thread

Postby Element » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:02 am

Cant believe what just has happened !!
Football is Crazy i know , but this World cup is Madness !!!!

However , i really hope that USA make it
They dont deserve to go out like this (last second goal after playing great)
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:02 am

This tournament might end up a serious contender for the best-ever world cup.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:05 am

Element wrote:However , i really hope that USA make it
They dont deserve to go out like this (last second goal after playing great)

If they make it I am sure they will reach the quarterfinals (beating Belgium/Algeria) and to be honest maybe even the semifinals. They've played way better than Argentina so far.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SouthernStar » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:07 am

BLOODY 5 MINUTES ADDITIONAL TIME?! Last minute theatrics, aren't we full of them already this season.

People already putting up "Ronaldo saving Portugal's @$%" headlines again... KISS MY FOOT!

BLOODY CRISTINA. HOPE GHANA BEATS YOU.

Still hoping for Germany and USA to go through... what a terrible group...
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:08 am

Whoever decided to seed the groups by their FIFA ranking might as well made Brazil 2014 one heck of a group stage World Cup.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:10 am

SouthernStar wrote:BLOODY 5 MINUTES ADDITIONAL TIME?! Last minute theatrics, aren't we full of them already this season.

People already putting up "Ronaldo saving Portugal's @$%" headlines again... KISS MY FOOT!

BLOODY CRISTINA. HOPE GHANA BEATS YOU.

Still hoping for Germany and USA to go through... what a terrible group...

They just need to settle for a draw :D friends of friends :cheers:

TBH it was the guy's fault who had the ball in the Portugal's half and lost it very naively... But don't worry Cristina Ronaldonna will be out very soon.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:12 am

Klinsmann and his former assistant Loew to agree on a draw? I doubt it, but possible. :)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:13 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Klinsmann and his former assistant Loew to agree on a draw? I doubt it, but possible. :)

could be because I am thinking as a Maltese :lol: the italians call it il biscotto. We'll see...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SouthernStar » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:14 am

ramsej84 wrote:They just need to settle for a draw :D friends of friends :cheers:

TBH it was the guy's fault who had the ball in the Portugal's half and lost it very naively... But don't worry Cristina Ronaldonna will be out very soon.

Germany, USA and Ghana all deserve to go through.

Screw the seeding :evil: :evil: :evil:

Screw Cristina, the animal assassin, the guy with a terrible barber and co :evil: :evil: :evil:
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:05 am

For me Penaldo is the most overrated player ever, his case needs to be studied, I have some well-supported arguments like for e.g. Going missing in key matches, against big teams, when did he score when it mattered more for the team than for his individual stats?
Oh, wait, I forgot - it was him that brought Portugal to the WC, and FIFA extended voting for the Ballon D'Or, and with zero titles deserved it more than someone from a side that thrashed every team, even 'almighty' Barca. And there's always a ready-made excuse for every failure. Media, mediatic bullshit.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dgro » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:47 am

JANCKER wrote:For me Penaldo is the most overrated player ever, his case needs to be studied, I have some well-supported arguments like for e.g. Going missing in key matches, against big teams, when did he score when it mattered more for the team than for his individual stats?
Oh, wait, I forgot - it was him that brought Portugal to the WC, and FIFA extended voting for the Ballon D'Or, and with zero titles deserved it more than someone from a side that thrashed every team, even 'almighty' Barca. And there's always a ready-made excuse for every failure. Media, mediatic bullshit.

I think he is criminally overrated as well. It's strange, you can make a list of everything he is good at: world class pace and dribbling, great shooting ability, great finishing, very capable using his head in the air, acceptable passing ability, good size and strength... he should perform better than he often does. I think clearly his head is in the wrong place. Like today, not only does he not come back to help on defense even once, but he would barely come off of USA's defensive line to come and get the ball and help his team build up a play. No, he stayed glued to the line hoping that he would get a perfect through ball so he could outrun everyone, beat Tim Howard at point blank range, rip off his shirt and flex for the cameras.

It is so incredibly ironic that a player who can seemingly do everything (he must have the most well-rounded skillset of any player in the world) ends up doing approximately nothing most of the time due to his "shut up and get me the ball" approach to the game. He's downright one-dimensional more often than not.

One more thing: he's not even the best counterattacking player in the world, Robben is :wink:
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:59 am

The United States advances so long as one of three things happen: 1) It beats Germany; 2) It ties Germany; 3) Ghana and Portugal tie in their match. No, avoiding a loss to Germany will not be easy. But the United States has shown it belongs in this tough World Cup group, and Germany looked mortal in its 2-2 tie against Ghana (which the United States beat, 2-1).

Intriguingly, the United States-Germany match will also feature something of a perverse incentive. If the two teams play a draw, they are both likely to be very happy. Germany would then win the group, and the United States would finish second, thus qualifying for the next round. If the United States and Germany are indeed tied well into the second half, it’s not hard to imagine the pace of play slowing down a bit.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

Silvestre Varela, right, celebrated his tying goal.
Match Recap: World Cup 2014: United States and Portugal Play to 2-2 DrawJUNE 21, 2014

In the event of a United States loss, it would automatically advance if Ghana and Portugal tied. The United States would then end group play with 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss, while Ghana and Portugal would each have 2 draws and 1 loss.
The situation is more complicated if the United States loses and Ghana and Portugal do not tie. The United States will then be rooting for a Portugal win. Portugal lost its first match — 4-0, to Germany — which leaves it in a terrible position for tiebreakers (and in this scenario, the United States and Portugal would both be 1-1-1). To advance, Portugal needs a combination of results that causes its goal differential (now -4) to be better than the Americans’ differential (now +1).

Ghana, on the other hand, lost its first match by only 2-1. If Ghana wins and the United States loses, the tiebreaker could be very close. The first tiebreaker is goal differential. If Ghana beats Portugal by more than one goal, it advances. Similarly, if the United States loses to Germany by more than one goal, Ghana advances. But if both are one-goal matches, the next tiebreaker will kick in: total goals scored.
Heading into the final match, the United States has four goals and Ghana has three. Importantly, the United States wins the third tiebreaker against Ghana: head-to-head result. So long as the United States does not lose the second tiebreaker, it will advance. In concrete terms: If Ghana wins by one goal and the United States loses by one goal, the United States will advance so long as it scores more goals than Ghana on Thursday, as many goals as Ghana or one fewer goal than Ghana. If the United States scores two fewer in this situation, Ghana will advance.
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:36 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Klinsmann and his former assistant Loew to agree on a draw? I doubt it, but possible. :)

could be because I am thinking as a Maltese :lol: the italians call it il biscotto. We'll see...

Maybe us Maltese tend to think this way, but there HAVE been German games in the past which were almost certainly agreed on with their opponents.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:40 am

A bit sad the game ended the way it did, but feel proud of the US team. Maybe it's not the number one sport here, but the national team is doing what it can to prove how exciting the sport can be. One request though of the team: can you guys maybe play like you are obviously capable of playing for the WHOLE 90 minutes, instead of starting five minutes late? I will give the team a break on the last goal, because I only request we play for a reasonable amount of time instead of this garbage mysterious five additional minutes. :evil: Germany, US and Ghana are the teams that deserve to go through (too bad one of Ghana or US is not in one of the garbage groups but at least this group is exciting!)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:52 am

Today is going to be a very nice footballing day, I hope.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches