You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-08-01] VfL Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:30 pm

VfL Wolfsburg will win inside 90 minutes
8%
VfL Wolfsburg will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
4%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
88%

Total votes : 24

Re: [2015-08-01] VfL Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:46 am

Badger wrote:Five? Are you counting some we haven't bought yet?

I'm counting Dante, Kirchhoff, Badstuber, Martínez and Benatia, players who have ample experience playing as a central defender. The only other one who is fit is Boateng.

If Benatia fails to recover, the options for central defence will be Alaba, Xabi "worst defender in the world" Alonso, 1.71m Rafinha and perhaps Vidal?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Badger » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:08 pm

MUTU wrote:
Badger wrote:Five? Are you counting some we haven't bought yet?

I'm counting Dante, Kirchhoff, Badstuber, Martínez and Benatia, players who have ample experience playing as a central defender. The only other one who is fit is Boateng.

If Benatia fails to recover, the options for central defence will be Alaba, Xabi "worst defender in the world" Alonso, 1.71m Rafinha and perhaps Vidal?

Forgot about Kirchoff. I guess he'll hardly figure too often in the Bayern team. Pity. I thought he had some potential when he first arrived.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:51 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

My preferred formation:

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:14 pm

SBash22 wrote:PS.... i cant F'ing wait for this game.... especially since its on TV here in the US

I know it means little, but its still like the start of the season.... and anything you can win a trophy its cool

I can't remember a single Bayern official game that wasn't available in the USA in the last -at least- 10 years. For the next 5 years we will struggle more though since Fox Sports has the TV rights for the Bundesliga and this is not a Football (soccer channel) like in the recent past when Goal TV had the Bundesliga rights and Goal TV is 24/7 Soccer. For the Pokal ESPN maintains the TV rights while the Champions League stays with Fox.

This game is a good example: At the time of this game Fox Sports 1 will have the "Camping World Truck Racing" and Fox Sports 2 will air "Major League Fishing", this seems like a joke but it isn't (http://www.foxsports.com/tv-listings) Just think for a second how many people will be interested in watching fishing on a Saturday afternoon but evidently for Fox Sports more than those interested in German Football.

This game will be in Fox Deportes (that luckily is in my Spanish added TV package which many don't have) and Internet Streaming by paid subscription via Fox Soccer 2Go but compared to the HD live coverage that we had in the last 6 years by Goal TV this is a downgrade.
Last edited by Jorge on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:25 pm

Does anyone know when fox officially takes over the rights from GolTV?
Last edited by sherpthederp on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:26 pm

MUTU wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

My preferred formation:

I would love to see this, defintely our strongest starting 11 at the moment
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:37 pm

Jorge wrote:This game is a good example: At the time of this game Fox Sports 1 will have the "Camping World Truck Racing" and Fox Sports 2 will air "Major League Fishing", this seems like a joke but it isn't (http://www.foxsports.com/tv-listings) Just think for a second how many people will be interested in watching fishing on a Saturday afternoon but evidently for Fox Sports more than those interested in German Football.

This is disgusting :evil:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:38 pm

sherpthederp wrote:Does anyone know when fox officially takes over the rights from GolTV?

I read in numerous places that in the USA it is for 5 years starting with the 2015-16 season. Technically I have to guess that it happened after the last official match of 2014-15 ended (the promotion play-off)

Fox Sports secures Bundesliga's USA television rights beginning 2015-2016 [source]

Also, one more thing: there will be a lot of Bundesliga games aired by Fox Soccer Plus (formerly Setanta Sports) but the availability of this channel is very limited and by stand alone subscription. For the most part until now they had Rugby, Aussie Football, Cricket and Scottish Premier League, a lot of things but Football and they maintained the "soccer" word in the name waiting to strike a deal initially for Serie A until BeIn Sports took it, now they will try to lure German Football fans to pay extra to watch their favorite team where available.

Some providers offer Fox Soccer Plus for between $10 and $12 per month as stand alone added Premium Channel while Fox Soccer 2Go costs $19.99 per month ($240 per year)
Last edited by Jorge on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:23 pm

Major League Fishing. Is it a live action version of Sanpei? :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Machiavellico » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:39 pm

Are you guys kidding? The bursting adrenaline of fishing. It leaves you breathless every time. Blood pumping like hell.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Fishing might seem boring, but sure as hell it's more exciting than Baseball.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:50 pm

MUTU wrote:
My preferred formation:

And if Vidal is not ready for start, my plan B is:

It could be very dangerous if Thiago and Alaba/Vidal decide to play too high during bayern attack, because it can create a big hole in the midfield, consequently an easy counterattack if Wolfsburg recover the ball. Alaba or Vidal, one of them should stay back.

In this type of game is when I prefer a defensive midfielder who can support the defense, but not option to have one with Javi injured and Xabi underperform.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:35 am

Pretty sure Alonso will start, although I prefer he doesn't.

I'm predicting this no-risk lineup.

Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby SBash22 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:49 am

Jorge wrote:
SBash22 wrote:PS.... i cant F'ing wait for this game.... especially since its on TV here in the US

I know it means little, but its still like the start of the season.... and anything you can win a trophy its cool

I can't remember a single Bayern official game that wasn't available in the USA in the last -at least- 10 years. For the next 5 years we will struggle more though since Fox Sports has the TV rights for the Bundesliga and this is not a Football (soccer channel) like in the recent past when Goal TV had the Bundesliga rights and Goal TV is 24/7 Soccer. For the Pokal ESPN maintains the TV rights while the Champions League stays with Fox.

This game is a good example: At the time of this game Fox Sports 1 will have the "Camping World Truck Racing" and Fox Sports 2 will air "Major League Fishing", this seems like a joke but it isn't (http://www.foxsports.com/tv-listings) Just think for a second how many people will be interested in watching fishing on a Saturday afternoon but evidently for Fox Sports more than those interested in German Football.

This game will be in Fox Deportes (that luckily is in my Spanish added TV package which many don't have) and Internet Streaming by paid subscription via Fox Soccer 2Go but compared to the HD live coverage that we had in the last 6 years by Goal TV this is a downgrade.

Yeah I have Direct TV and havent had GolTV in forever.... but I have every Fox Sports channel..... so I'll be getting this game (and plenty of others)

I believe it is listed as being on Fox Soccer Plus.... but I think I also read it will be on FS2
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Machiavellico » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:42 am

Alaba will play either on the left either in a three man defense. I don't think there's been a friendly in this summer in which he was played in the midfield.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches