You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-08-01] VfL Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:30 pm

VfL Wolfsburg will win inside 90 minutes
8%
VfL Wolfsburg will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
4%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
88%

Total votes : 24

Re: [2015-08-01] VfL Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich

Postby RedQueen » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:04 am

Reinhart wrote:I am referring to the overall quality of the squad and not the difficulty of winning the league.

I get that but the quality of the squad gets us nowhere if he can't manage to materialize that quality in competitive games. He couldn't last season, not even against the top 6 Bundesliga teams. You don't even need to bring Madrid and Barca into the discussion.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby armbrust » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:09 am

ttoad92 wrote:
MillaMjau wrote:NO NEW INJURIES. Thank you Lord.

I don't think you should be thanking the Lord right now! :lol:

Act i thank him for not starting and overkill us :shock:
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby albanian7 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:11 am

RedQueen wrote:
Reinhart wrote:This is Wolfsburg, not Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Might I remind you:

I still maintain that the Bundesliga Championship isn't something that is guaranteed.

This table always drives me mad. Always
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Reinhart » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:16 am

At the end of the year I am not going to give two **** about how many points Bayern are above the next best team. Somebody draw up a chart like the one RedQueen posted and I think it'll give us a good indication of just how far the team will go in the Champions League.
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:24 am

How difference would be if the injured De Bruyne didnt play this game... Probable the title will be with us.

The entire game, De Bruyne was advising and giving Wolfsburg their chances, he won his battle against Alaba who concede holes in his area many times, specially when he left his position for act as a CB or DM. Having many options for bayern attack, Alaba should know that he must focus in mark his opponent, specially if he is dangerous as De Bruyne was in this game.

It was a strange game because after bayern score, surprisely we lost the ball and without possession, bayern lost the control of the game.

Müller, Alaba and Thiago didn't play well, there is too much work to do for reach every player at their best individual and as a team.

One thing I want to see more frequently is an association in attack between Robben - Lahm and Costa - Alaba in their side.

Also the team should recover the ball more rapidly and frequently, this aspect can help us Vidal, but this is a work of a team and not just a single player.

Also have a Plan B if the team lost possession.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RedQueen » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:39 am

Reinhart wrote:At the end of the year I am not going to give two **** about how many points Bayern are above the next best team. Somebody draw up a chart like the one RedQueen posted and I think it'll give us a good indication of just how far the team will go in the Champions League.

So we lost all test games we played against one of those five teams this pre-season. Against Augsburg, against Gladbach, now against Wolfsburg. I know "it's still pre-season" and I know "it's only friendlies" but taking that together with that table I still find the overall picture worrying.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby zozon » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:34 am

RedQueen wrote:
Reinhart wrote: I know "it's still pre-season" and I know "it's only friendlies" but taking that together with that table I still find the overall picture worrying.

Are you even serious? Worrying that Bayern lost PRE-SEASON games? :roll:

Jeez, WTF is wrong with ,,fans" these days... Calm the f*** down!
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:46 am

Reinhart wrote:At the end of the year I am not going to give two **** about how many points Bayern are above the next best team. Somebody draw up a chart like the one RedQueen posted and I think it'll give us a good indication of just how far the team will go in the Champions League.

Yeah cause all those teams did better than us in Europe...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:58 am

Maybe we saw a different game. We made mistakes and some players (our midfielders especially) had a bad game, but it wasn't the horrible performance you're making it out to be. We had good chances. We attacked and I saw some good combinations between our forwards in the first half. Much less of the passing around the box you all hate (Costa =D>), so really and truly, even if we see something different people will still hate Pep.

We were playing against what are probably our biggest competitors in the league. What did you expect, that they won't have any chances and we'll win 7-0? The performance was decent, with good chances for both teams, and I think the only bad decision made was subbing off our goal scorers. One last second goal does not change a decent performance into a horrible one, as you guys are making it out to be. Had Bendtner not scored, we would be reading that there is room for improvement and we didn't play well but we won (and finally won the Super Cup) and I bet every post would be along the lines "Costa is great. We beat Wolfsburg, can't wait to see what this team can do when we're in top gear after pre season and Vidal and Costa have integrated". Don't let 60 seconds change that to the other polarity of "we are doomed, we will struggle to qualify for the CL and we will be eliminated in the QFs of the CL at best." Neither of those will happen, and feel free to record this post and bring it up come May. :wink:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:00 am

I have a dream that one day, we will finish a game without conceding a last minute equalizer.
inactive
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:22 am

bastos80 wrote:I have a dream that one day, we will finish a game without conceding a last minute equalizer.

And that even if we do, Muller wouldn't have been subbed off then...
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:29 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Maybe we saw a different game.

You are right, we probably did.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:We were playing against what are probably our biggest competitors in the league. What did you expect, that they won't have any chances and we'll win 7-0?

I'm not sure how you even got that from the posts on this thread.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Had Bendtner not scored, we would be reading that there is room for improvement and we didn't play well but we won (and finally won the Super Cup) and I bet every post would be along the lines "Costa is great.

No. I think you are completely misunderstanding the point of most of the posts on this thread (just read the posts when it looked like we were winning)
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:40 am

Alaba seemed that he forgot how to play in that position that some two years ago made him the best in the world.
Thanks to someone...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:50 am

ramsej84 wrote:Alaba seemed that he forgot how to play in that position that some two years ago made him the best in the world.
Thanks to someone...

Some guy named Franck Ribéry being his partner also played a part in this. That isn't possible right now.
Thanks to someone...
inactive
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:22 am

envagyokazapad wrote:I'm not sure how you even got that from the posts on this thread.

I didn't mean people literally meant. Just that everyone is focusing on the negatives (and there were negatives) and refusing to see the positives (and there were positives). We were playing against a good team, so we can't expect everything to go well. I've said this many times before: when something bad happens, it's not necessarily our fault. Sometimes, it's the opponents' merit.

envagyokazapad wrote:No. I think you are completely misunderstanding the point of most of the posts on this thread (just read the posts when it looked like we were winning

What I see are people:
- praising Costa (as they should, don't get me wrong)
- complaining that we are playing differently (even though this is the time for experimenting and most would have complained if we played like last season)
- someone saying he is disappointed in Lahm moving to midfield (even though Pep played him at RB like everyone wanted and he chose to move in)
- complaints about defence (justified, like I said we made mistakes. But Vidal and Martinez were missing, remember)
- complaints about substitutions (again, justified, and I mentioned them myself)

I don't see how people aren't ignoring the positives and looking only at the negatives
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches