You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

UEFA Youth League 2013/14

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: UEFA Youth League 2013/14

Postby MoFattal » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:39 pm

WTF!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Tbh i was worried about this Bayern U19 class when the tourney started, most of the players that made it to the latter stages of U19 Bundesliga Championship were promoted and these new youngsters are fresh from the U17s....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby runaway » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Tbh i was worried about this Bayern U19 class when the tourney started, most of the players that made it to the latter stages of U19 Bundesliga Championship were promoted and these new youngsters are fresh from the U17s....

That makes sense why they look shaky. The English teams are performing well in these league (except United, they just lost today), guess coz their kids never gets promoted. :P
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:54 pm

runaway wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Tbh i was worried about this Bayern U19 class when the tourney started, most of the players that made it to the latter stages of U19 Bundesliga Championship were promoted and these new youngsters are fresh from the U17s....

That makes sense why they look shaky. The English teams are performing well in these league (except United, they just lost today), guess coz their kids never gets promoted. :P

I hate to use that as an excuse for such a poor performance tbh usually talent can shine through no matter what age group.....

Edit: 6-0 Man C U19 vs Bayern U19 FT :cry: [-X
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby SouthernStar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:20 am

Did they show the lineup at all? Are our promising youths (eg: Hojbjerg, Weisser, Raeder, Rankovic, Weihrauch, Green, Friessinbichler etc) eliglible or even playing in this tournament? The results have so far been shocking for a club known for its relatively strong youth program :shock:
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:17 am

SouthernStar wrote:Did they show the lineup at all? Are our promising youths (eg: Hojbjerg, Weisser, Raeder, Rankovic, Weihrauch, Green, Friessinbichler etc) eliglible or even playing in this tournament? The results have so far been shocking for a club known for its relatively strong youth program :shock:

Yes they did show the lineup, but from the ones you mentioned only Hojbjerg and Green are eligible, and they weren't even on the bench. Seems like Bayern doesn't really care for this competition.

You can find the lineup here: http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/sea ... index.html

Also on this page one will find some match stats that seems to indicate that the match was much more balanced than the scoreline suggests. Manchester City scored 6 goals but had only 7 shots on target, and another 7 off target. Bayern had 3 shots on target and 5 off target, yet failed to score.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:39 am

I guess I should post now.
I have probably jinxed them. :cry:

I guess it's because as FireFox mentioned earlier. Most of them are U17s who've just been promoted to U19s.

But that's not reason enough to get spanking at home and away. :(
Scholl and Eberwein had decent performances. Markoutz was so so. He tried shooting from outside the box, Ramos style. He was trying.
Our defense was being toyed with against ManC.

SouthernStar wrote:Did they show the lineup at all? Are our promising youths (eg: Hojbjerg, Weisser, Raeder, Rankovic, Weihrauch, Green, Friessinbichler etc) eliglible or even playing in this tournament? The results have so far been shocking for a club known for its relatively strong youth program :shock:

Only Markoutz is in the team. Hojbjerg and Green are registered with the first team and are being used in FCB II's campaign.
Others are ineligible for the YL. Everyone's missed it by a few months, not that I believe the board would have sent them. Promotion to 3.BuLi is more important for future.

PS : @MUTU : You were right. Lucas Scholl is indeed Scholl's son. :)
Last edited by AdepT on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby SouthernStar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:25 am

Darn. The only names I know are Markoutz and Scholl jr. And if I recall correctly, Scholl jr is only 16 or 17. These players have probably only been promoted and haven't played with each other much before. I don't think our board cares much about this tournament, except that it is a good outlet for the youngsters to experience what CL feels like (which atm amounts to nothing).

I think it was a little wishful of me to want the youngsters to gain other match experience besides the regionalliga but you're right - promotion to 3. BuLi provides a better development for them, also as the team is having a really good season so far, promotion seems likely. I was just curious to see how the youngsters that I mentioned above would fare against teams outside of the regionalliga :wink:, I haven't seen them much but they seem very promising.

Here's hoping that these youngsters would play better next year in the tournament when they are more "settled", the funny thing is that the English clubs are the ones who had been doing quite well in the youth league :?
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AdepT » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:38 am

City's team was frightening for a U19 team. They appeared good technically and were just too much for our teens physically. The physical intimidation was quite clear. Also, Vieira was shouting orders like in one does in local/school matches. Telling the player with the ball to whom to pass to and other stuff. I have not seen other teams but they surely ought to be one of the favs for the YL Cup.

Dare I say, our team had no real organization. So the coach, Kienle, could also be at fault for few things.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:50 am

SouthernStar wrote:I don't think our board cares much about this tournament, except that it is a good outlet for the youngsters to experience what CL feels like (which atm amounts to nothing).

However it's also a good outlet in which to have your promising youngsters poached by promises of playing time etc...
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SouthernStar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:18 am

I totally MISSED the part about Viera coaching the City youth lol. That is certainly... an interesting turn of event for him. Whatever happened to the rumour that we are bringing Effenberg in as the youth coach? :P

As for the playing time, it serves a good motivation for them and this idea for the youth-league was one of the few decent decisions that came out from UEFA in a while. However, I don't think that winning the youth CL League would set the tone or motivation for the youngsters' future career and as it stands atm -not a big loss if a team does not win the title at all imo. The DFB also did not care much about the U-21 EURO, yet promising youngsters are still lining up to join the senior team. It's kind of a "if we win, that's awesome but if we loss, it's nothing to cry about".
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AdepT » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:07 am

^ Also Inzaghi is coaching the Milan U19 in YL. He is actually the coach of Milan Primavera. Their next team is U17s.

The difference is that almost all these YL teams are pretty much their second teams. Milan Primavera coached by Inzaghi and the Elite Squad( :lol: ) of City coached by Vieira. Whereas ours is third team in line much like everyone's in Germany. So, a complete level gap there. Plus youth teams in Eng do not play full seasons like FCB II in a competitive environment, meaning the point system and relegation stuff.
I had expected Ten Hag to be the representative coach with a mixed FCB II and U19s. That would have been a more complete team from players to coach. But as I mentioned in the post earlier and in the above para, our board probably didn't want to compromise FCB II's campaign.

3. Liga was introduced pretty late in 2006, started in 2008 and is surely very competitive if you were to notice that only winners of 5 different Regionalliga plus the runners-up of the Regionalliga Sud/SudWest are eligible for a playoff against each other. And only the winners of playoffs are promoted to the 3. Liga. Seeing how difficult it can be to win a Regionalliga and then again play in a home-away game, 3. Liga promotion is surely far more worth than the YL this year.

It's important to note here that while other teams would have been left with only few 'experienced' U19 players next year, almost all of our U19 team would be eligible for the YL again next year. I guess we should have better displays next year.

PS : I'm sorry for referring it as 3. Buli earlier. It's called 3. Liga as it's not managed by DFL like the 1. and 2. Buli. It is instead managed directly by DFB. Also, for information, Regionalliga and below are managed by local football organisations.

EDIT : About Effenberg. He was offered FCB II. He declined it as he waits for a better opportunity. A team in 1. or 2. Buli, that is.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:32 pm

AdepT wrote:almost all of our U19 team would be eligible for the YL again next year

Where do you get this information?

Next season, the ones eligible would be the ones who were born on or after 1st January 1996.

So only these players from the current U19s would be eligible:
- Michael Eberwein
- Gianluca Gaudino
- Yannick Günzel
- Daniel Hägler
- Marco Hingerl
- Raif Husic
- Milos Pantovic
- Felix Pohl
- Lucas Scholl
- Ivica Simic
- Thomas Zieger

None of the senior team or the FC Bayern II squad will be eligible to play next season. Therefore, the majority of the U19 squad will need to be made up by players promoted from the U17, who are
currently 8th in the U17 table. [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:01 pm

MUTU wrote:
AdepT wrote:almost all of our U19 team would be eligible for the YL again next year

Where do you get this information?

Next season, the ones eligible would be the ones who were born on or after 1st January 1996.

So only these players from the current U19s would be eligible:
- Michael Eberwein
- Gianluca Gaudino
- Yannick Günzel
- Daniel Hägler

- Marco Hingerl
- Raif Husic
- Milos Pantovic
- Felix Pohl
- Lucas Scholl
- Ivica Simic
- Thomas Zieger

None of the senior team or the FC Bayern II squad will be eligible to play next season. Therefore, the majority of the U19 squad will need to be made up by players promoted from the U17, who are
currently 8th in the U17 table. [source]

First thing I said almost. And now as it stands it's not even almost. More like half would been more appropriate.
All names in bold started on Wed, so I guess the team could be said to hold enough experience next year, which was my point.

PS : I found this blog sharing a few images from the match. Click here
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Bayern Munich vs FC Viktoria Plzeň
Bayern Munich U19 vs FC Viktoria Plzeň U19
Competition: UEFA Youth League
Venue: Städtischesstadion, Munich

In the 3rd group stage match of the UEFA Youth League 2013/14 campaign, FC Bayern U19 hope to gain their first points as they host Viktoria Plzeň.

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches