You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

UEFA EURO 2016

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: UEFA EURO 2016

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:59 pm

According to transfermarkt:

Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:03 pm

Btw there have been flares from Turkish fans as well which they've thrown after the final whistle... Spanish fans wanted to take some inside too but they were caught. Organizers are failing...

Spain fans arrested for carrying neo-Nazi banners and flares ahead of Turkey Euro 2016 clash [source]
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:07 pm

ROI should have had a foul in the penalty area.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:29 pm

quaazi wrote:I wonder if you actually watched the game if you're calling what happened under the umbrella "possession game" terms. Spain bombarded the box with crosses (and it worked), they also constantly released Juanfran and Alba on overlaps. If next someone calls that tiki-taka, then I'm going to have to start punching people in the mouth. That fact is that Spain is a very well rounded side, whose defensive four (in total, I'm not calling anyone a better defender than Boateng here :mrgreen: ) easily matches and then some that of the rest of the sides in the tournament. In midfield, none of Kroos, Khedira and Özil can hold a candle to Iniesta in current form. Only in offense do a few question marks remain, I'm not convinced of Nolito's quality for example.

The bottom line, though, is that Germany is facing issues all across the squad that Spain doesn't even come close to. And that's a problem for die Mannschaft with the Bundes-sniffer in charge. :|

Oh wew I didn't even want to bring up the crosses, but hey, okay. Have you seen who Turkey laid out in the center of the defense? Hakan Balta and Mehmet Topal. Have you seen their heights? Neither has 1.90+. In fact, Hakan Balta has only 1.84. It would've been obvious they would've tried crosses for Morata, a Morata who is taller than both of them. Do you really believe they'd still bombard Germany's box with crosses if Morata was up against both Boateng and Hummels? I don't. Let's move to the overlap situation now. How many times have you seen Calhanoglu go deep like Muller does to help his fullback counterpart? I can't say I've seen him many times.
The truth is Spain faced a Turkey who was majorly overwhelmed by Croatia in the first match and didn't find a solution to change that against Spain. Sure, Iniesta is a beast and holds more creativity than any of the midfielders from Die Mannschaft, but let's not forget that Kroos made a more than decent tournament so far as well. And, against top teams, Muller will not have 7 defenders in front of him. And I'd really love to see Muller against Alba again. Just for old(2013) times' sake :mrgreen:

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:30 pm

JANCKER wrote:Btw there have been flares from Turkish fans as well which they've thrown after the final whistle... Spanish fans wanted to take some inside too but they were caught. Organizers are failing...

Spain fans arrested for carrying neo-Nazi banners and flares ahead of Turkey Euro 2016 clash [source]

Spanish Neo Nazis :shock: this shows how European policies based on neo liberal and left wing ideals failed miserably and have created new RW movements.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:37 pm

=D> :lol:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

I love these ppl so much ... =D> :lol:
I know one other thing in which they differ from the English... :shh:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Euro 2016

Postby RB624 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:47 pm

^ Which is it indeed? I was thinking about that right after the match. I should've given Ramsej credit.

Btw, it just occurred to me that this tournament is a complete anomaly. Not because it is a 24 team Euro, but because it combines UEFA tie-breaking procedure with standard tie-breaking procedure.

Imagine this, two teams level on points for second place in their group. The head-to-head tie-breaker can leave the team with superior goal-difference in third place. This is usually no big deal, as that's just how UEFA does it. However in the case of this tournament, it can mean that the third-place team may end up qualifying on goal-difference over a level 3rd place team in another group, whereas the second place team may not have done so.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Lukas » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:48 pm

They like Europe?
They don't have ICC Test match status?
They have an even worse record in recent tournaments?
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:53 pm

There's no other way to pick the third best teams than with goal-difference perhaps? What would be the tie-breaker if more 3rd placed teams had the same points, same goal-difference? I'm all for head-to-head over goal-difference.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:58 pm

JANCKER wrote:There's no other way to pick the third best team than with goal-difference perhaps? What would be the tie-breaker if more 3rd placed teams had the same points, same goal-difference? I'm all for head-to-head over goal-difference.

the last thing is the uefa coefficient
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RB624 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:35 pm

JANCKER wrote:There's no other way to pick the third best teams than with goal-difference perhaps? What would be the tie-breaker if more 3rd placed teams had the same points, same goal-difference? I'm all for head-to-head over goal-difference.

The only way to compare teams from different groups, other than points-then-goal-difference, would be to compare how many points each was away from topping their respective groups. I have no idea if that would make more, less, or the same sense than the currrent set-up. However it may be more likely to lead to collusion, so I think the current way is fine.

But imagine this - for this tournament alone this unusual situation could occur:

Northern Ireland and Germany draw (regardless of the final scoreline), and Poland loses to Ukraine 0-1.
Germany tops group with 5 points.
Poland and Northern Ireland finish next, level with four points.
Poland wins the head-to-head tie-breaker putting them in second place.
Third place N. Ireland has a better goal-difference (+1) than Poland (0).

At the only other tournaments to compare third place teams (WC '86, '90, '94), the first tie-breaker within each group was goal-difference, and it was the same when it came to comparing third place teams. But here at Euro 2016, they'll use head-to-head within a group and goal-difference comparing third place teams. That can really add an unexpected twist.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:04 pm

Magyar ... :smile:
IMO that penalty was a wrong call...
I am only :evil: cause this 1-1 will help Portugal

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:09 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Magyar ... :smile:
IMO that penalty was a wrong call...
I am only :evil: cause this 1-1 will help Portugal

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

It was the correct call because I got a perfect prediction.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:58 pm

Don't like Portugal but their national anthem is one of the best
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:02 pm

It's understandable they play extremely defensive against a superior side like Portugal. They deserve nothing for playing like this against Hungary though. Hungary absolutely deserved to win this one and they would have if it hadn't been for the ref.

Really hopeful for my country this time around :P Some players have been playing really well, with 4 points we should be able to advance.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches