You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The World Cup 2010 Thread

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: The World Cup 2010 Thread

Postby Element » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote: I think Podolski is more realistic, even though he sucks this year (with Koln). I just don't want to see Gomez if possible, however well he does for Bayern. He's only had, like... one good game for the NT?

podloski cant play as a lone striker , besides he is the LM

so it is between Klose , Gomez and Kiessling

and i think klose will be the starter
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Element wrote:so it is between Klose , Gomez and Kiessling

and i think klose will be the starter

I forgot about Kiessling... I suppose he stands a good chance. Hmm... I'd like to see Klose as our starter, but this season he's hardly played for Bayern (although I think he played all the games for the NT). He could have some problems if he hadn't had match practice.

Let's see if Kiessling keeps his form until the end of the season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby walter » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Loew said he would not select players that don't feature regularly for their clubs, but later he said that Podolski's place is guaranteed. I think the same will be with Klose although I doubt he will be in the starting lineup unless he gains his place back with Bayern. I'm also curious to see how Helmes does after coming back from injury. Anyways, I'm excited and I think this will be a great WC for Germany as they will bring several new names into the international scene.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:09 pm

I'm quite confident that this will be Germany's year.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Slemba » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:19 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm quite confident that this will be Germany's year.

Me too
I feel it is our turn to win it this time [-o<
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nur4bayern » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:01 am

Slemba wrote:

Me too

I'd sure like to agree with you but I fear that we won't go as far as we'd all like. Herr Loew's insistance on playing Podolski and more than likely Klose, will not bode well this time, as much as I like them both. I think Germany's youngster's (current U21 and U17) will win the World Cup in 2014. For WC 2010 I honestly don't think we'll get past the quarter finals. IMHO.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MrLinky » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:39 pm

I see two teams, who are superior on paper and based on their performances the qualification games, to any other team in the upcoming World-Cup: Spain and Brazil. Out of those, Spain is the absolute favorite in my opinion, the class and depth they have in their squad is incredible. When you can afford to bench someone like Fabregas, you know, your squad doesn't get much better than that. But Germany has always been a big-tournament team, that was always there, focused on the point in big matches. That's why I'm confident they will do pretty well this year in South Africa too, although I don't believe they'll make it all the way to the final. There is some amazing German talent coming up, quantity as well as quality wise, and I believe the likes of Neuer, Adler, Boateng, Howedes, Badstuber, Castro, Khedira, Ozil, Kroos, Muller and others can help build a great and successful new German national-team generation.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Slemba » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:40 pm

nur4bayern wrote:
Slemba wrote:

Me too

I'd sure like to agree with you but I fear that we won't go as far as we'd all like. Herr Loew's insistance on playing Podolski and more than likely Klose, will not bode well this time, as much as I like them both. I think Germany's youngster's (current U21 and U17) will win the World Cup in 2014. For WC 2010 I honestly don't think we'll get past the quarter finals. IMHO.

Come on man... we gonna win both WC2010 and WC2014 :mrgreen:
Remember impossible is never German =D>
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Slemba » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:52 pm

MrLinky wrote:I see two teams, who are superior on paper and based on their performances the qualification games, to any other team in the upcoming World-Cup: Spain and Brazil. Out of those, Spain is the absolute favorite in my opinion, the class and depth they have in their squad is incredible. When you can afford to bench someone like Fabregas, you know, your squad doesn't get much better than that. But Germany has always been a big-tournament team, that was always there, focused on the point in big matches. That's why I'm confident they will do pretty well this year in South Africa too, although I don't believe they'll make it all the way to the final. There is some amazing German talent coming up, quantity as well as quality wise, and I believe the likes of Neuer, Adler, Boateng, Howedes, Badstuber, Castro, Khedira, Ozil, Kroos, Muller and others can help build a great and successful new German national-team generation.

Man.. where is Marin and Beck ??
Um pretty confident that we gonna make a surprise this time I mean look at Spain they r not a big tournament team they have no history( except the last Euro ) and can't manage to survive huge pressure (they were beaten by USA although the were the Favorites by far!!)
For Brazil ,I think that they r the real competitors for us (as always) but with the current form of Kaka this season ,I doubt they can go far ..
Guys.. just remember that history+ wining mentality + hard working are the favorites to win... cheers.
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:34 pm

Slemba wrote:Man.. where is Marin and Beck ??

That's why I added "and others...", cause I was sure I would forget someone. No need to nit-pick. :wink:

Slemba wrote:I mean look at Spain they r not a big tournament team they have no history( except the last Euro ) and can't manage to survive huge pressure (they were beaten by USA although the were the Favorites by far!!)

"Huge pressure" in the final of a meaningless tournament, nice. :mrgreen:

Recent accomplishments are the ones that matter when you try to accurately predict the chances of a nation to succeed in an upcoming tournament, not 30 or 40 year-old succeses. Spain made the final in the Confederations-Cup, a tournament they didn't take too seriously anyway. Look at their record in the WC qualification, where they went fully focused into every game - they won 10 out of 10 games, conceding only 5 goals and scoring 28. The way they controlled Germany in the final, and anyone else that got in their way in Euro 08 for that matter, was impressive. In the final you never felt like Germany could turn anything around, even though the scoreline was only 1-0. Your optimism regarding Germany's chances is commendable, but Brazil and Spain are the favorites. I'm not saying Germany don't stand a chance at all against them, cause that's not how it is. Germany is too big of a footballing nation for that, but when you look at the team's recent displays in an objective way, you have to admit that they have been in a better form, have been playing better and have more individual talent.

Slemba wrote:For Brazil ,I think that they r the real competitors for us (as always) but with the current form of Kaka this season ,I doubt they can go far ..

If there's one thing Dunga has achieved with this Brazilian team, then it's stopping the dependency they always had on certain players, installing a very successful "European" way of playing football, especially tactically they've improved significantly. I really don't know where all this unjustified underestimation of Spain & Brazil by you is coming from. It doesn't make Germany's chances better, if you constantly try to describe other nations as worse than they are.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby appudds » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Slemba wrote:Remember impossible is never German =D>

Impossible is nothing!!
I want Germany to win WC 2010, Euro 2012 and WC 2014!!!!!! =D>
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:11 pm

I agree with Linky that Spain and Brazil are the biggest threats for Germany, especially Spain. Spain are better than Germany in quality. However, in recent years (especially WC 2006, although it's true that we were home), Germany hadn't been that good in the games prior to the World Cup, but then played incredibly well in the tournament. I trust Low to come up with a surprise that will give us that little push we need to win.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:30 pm

MrLinky wrote:Look at their record in the WC qualification, where they went fully focused into every game - they won 10 out of 10 games, conceding only 5 goals and scoring 28.

We (Germany) weren't bad either... We were unbeaten and won easily both times Russia. Holland also made an impressive run.

I also believe that Spain and Brazil are among favorites, but along with Germany, Holland, Italy, France and Argentina.

Don't forget that football history (even the recent one) has something to teach us: No-one can really say that only one team is favorite. Remember last WC where France won Brazil. Don't tell me that anyone had predict this, or (one of the biggest surprises), the Euro 2004 that Greece won....

My prediction:

Final : Argentina - Germany
Winner: Argentina (I wish I could say Germany but I have a feeling that Messi will get the title he is missing)

3rd-4th places: Brazil and Spain.

Klose will be a starter (if not in the first game, then to all the others cause Gomez is not ready yet for the NT).
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:31 pm

Ballack didn't complete full training the days before the EM2008 final against Spain. That killed us. He was the most important player. But Spain was better anyway. Loew did a terrible EM2008, with Odonkor, Kuranyi, Gomez, Fritz, Rolfes or Hitzlsperger and benching Schweinsteiger for example.

My formation would be something like this

TEAM A

------------------------------Adler-----------------------------
Beck----------Boateng-----------Mertesacker---------Lahm
-------------Schweinsteiger---------Ballack------------------
------Marko Marin-------------Özil-----------Podolski-------
---------------------------Kiessling----------------------------

And some notes:

- Klose always plays good with Germany, but in the last few games you could see him REALLY slow and missing a lot of goal chances. He must be sub.
- Gomez CAN'T PLAY unless we are losing 1-0 in the last 10 minutes and we need to put some towers in the opponents box.
- Westermann can NOT play as CB. He is like a striker. The worst defender ever
- Boateng and Mertesacker can make a good combination
- Hinkel can replace Beck if necessary

TEAM B

------------------------------Adler-----------------------------
Beck----------Boateng-----------Mertesacker---------Lahm
----------------------Khedira---------Ballack------------------
------Schweinsteiger--------Özil-----------Podolski---------
---------------------------Kiessling----------------------------

- Marko Marin is a bit unexperienced yet and Schweinsteiger ALWAYS plays great on the wings with the Mannschaft.
- Khedira is a good powerfull CM or CDM. I really like this player

But it's soon yet.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby slyk » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Klose has the chance to overtake Ronaldo as the highest goal scorer for the tournament, as such, i think he'll be given that chance as a starter. Even though he didn't play regularly in the first half, the second half of the season will really put things into perspectives for many players. Further the coach has already shown that he is willing to make some exceptions; such as the case for Podolski.

In regards to the Tournament finalist....based on recent performances, i really can't put it beyond Spain, Brazil or even Holland....but this is the first WC tournament in Africa, the environment might be a big factor for many teams. It's such a great tournament, i can't wait for it to begin.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches