You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-11-26] Manchester United vs Chelsea

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Outcome of match

Man United win
36%
Draw
36%
Chelsea win
27%

Total votes : 11

[2006-11-26] Manchester United vs Chelsea

Postby Mirage » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:10 pm

Well it could be argued that whoever wins this will win the Premiership. What do you think?

Man United have to make a comeback from their defeat to Celtic this week, whereas Chelsea might be feeling confident if they win their CL game.

I'm backing Man U and I hope Saha gets a few goals to make up for his poor performance on tuesday.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:23 pm

I sink chelsea will edge it....The Special one's comments about the game were great today. ;)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:44 pm

Gotta disagree. ManU will win.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Castel » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:08 am

I hope they both lose...

Well that cant happen so i guess a boring draw. :lol:
Castel
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:36 am

I think Man United will win!! the match`s on the Old Trafford. also, Ballack got injured tonight!! 8)
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:02 am

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:I think Man United will win!! the match`s on the Old Trafford. also, Ballack got injured tonight!! 8)

Hopefully I'm misreading this, and if I am then I apologize, but if Ballack got injured tonight then that's not cool at all (the emoticons is referring to cool). I wouldn't wish for any player to get injured whether they play for a team I don't like or I simply don't like them.

My prediction....since I've been on a losing streak I'll say it'll be a draw.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:54 pm

tracylynn wrote:
Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:I think Man United will win!! the match`s on the Old Trafford. also, Ballack got injured tonight!! 8)

Hopefully I'm misreading this, and if I am then I apologize, but if Ballack got injured tonight then that's not cool at all (the emoticons is referring to cool). I wouldn't wish for any player to get injured whether they play for a team I don't like or I simply don't like them.

My prediction....since I've been on a losing streak I'll say it'll be a draw.

Agreed. It's not nice to be happy with injuries to other players, but especially with German national players and ex-Bayern heroes.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Runty » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:42 am

I'm terribly biased about this, being a lifelong Man U fan, so I'm picking Man U to win, though it will be extremely close. Man U have won 7 games in a row since our draw away to Reading, and a previous final few minutes loss to Arsenal at home the week before that. Whereas Chelsea lost to Tottenham (who we beat) 3 weeks ago. Man U simply look to be the stronger side to me, with Chelsea still having obvious problems in their midfield due to the fact Lampard and Ballack are still to gel properly and they always try and take the ball through the middle instead of using the width of the field. Both teams are going to want to avenge their losses in the Champions League, so I think there will only be a goal as the difference.

I know Terry got sent off in the Tottenham match, so I don't know when his suspension is due to take effect, if he will be playing against Man U or not. Drogba and Ballack both got injured somewhat in the Bremen game, I haven't heard if they're set to play or not. Saha will be looking to make up for his shocking game against Celtic, hopefully he doesn't pull a Wayne Rooney and completely lose all confidence in himself, we can't afford to have another forward playing terribly for a few games.
Runty
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:48 am

Mourinho said that both Drogba and Ballack should be fine by the weekend. It’ll probably be a last minute decision whether they’ll play or not.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Runty » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:50 am

I thought as much, but with their injuries in mind, I have a feeling guys like Scholes and Heinze will be aiming to rough them up a bit. Well Drogba at least, Ballack is a little harder to knock around haha.
Runty
Getting the hang of it

Postby tracylynn » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:04 am

I can see Man. United going after Drogba because he's the man. I believe he's the leading scorer in the EPL, so I'm sure their attention will be on him.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Runty » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:14 am

Yeah I think he is, and he's incredibly talented so they will be looking to shut him down as much as possible and try and starve him of the ball from Chelsea's midfield. Which will be very difficult indeed...this is going to be such a good game!
Runty
Getting the hang of it

Postby Mirage » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:00 pm

Drogba and Ballack both better be playing. I want both teams at full strength because then it's a better team. Oh Terry better be playing =( no good if he isn't. I think Man United will win it.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:28 pm

I am going for the chels this time.
I don't like that foolish Ronaldo....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby dracus » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:58 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:I am going for the chels this time.
I don't like that foolish Ronaldo....

Me too :lol:
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Other Matches