You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-11-26] Manchester United vs Chelsea

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Outcome of match

Man United win
36%
Draw
36%
Chelsea win
27%

Total votes : 11

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:39 pm

Ballack will have sweet memories of Manchester United. I think he had an awesome game as a sub against them in 2002 CL.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:10 pm

I hope Man U loses , actually gets smashed by Chelsea so that our Hargreaves sees what kind of team he wants to join... :lol:
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:25 pm

1-1. Grr a draw. These matches always have to end in draws don't they.
I haven't seen the highlights yet but apparently Saha's was a good goal. And apparently Chelsea's equalizer was a Saha OG which I hope is not true.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:43 pm

Wow! My prediction was right. Whoo-hoo! :D

I didn't get to see the game because I decided to sleep in.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:59 pm

It was a game of two halves. ManU was better in the first half and Chelsea was better in the second. It must’ve been because of the defensive subs ManU brought on. Nice goal by Saha, but the equalizer was from Carvalho.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:15 am

How did Ballack play? Did he have a good game?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Runty » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:45 am

MUTU wrote:How did Ballack play? Did he have a good game?

Well...he played alright, he wasn't terrible but he wasn't playing as well as we all know he can. He gave away 2 free kicks in relatively good positions for United in quick succession, but United failed to capitalise on them. There was an odd moment where he made a cross into a completely empty spot when Drogba was open on the edge of the box, the commentators called it "a mystery ball from Ballack". Mourinho took him off in the final minute and a half of injury time at the end, but that was purely to run the time down.

I'm a bit disappointed that it was a draw, but it's not entirely suprising considering that both teams are pretty evenly matched. Saha's goal for United was way better than Carvalho's goal for Chelsea, but then again, I would say that...

The main thing is that United are still 3 points clear of Chelsea at the top of the table, so I'm still happy. Chelsea are away at Bolton next week, which should be a good game as Bolton just beat Arsenal 3-1. Man U are at home to Everton.
Runty
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:30 am

Runty wrote:There was an odd moment where he made a cross into a completely empty spot when Drogba was open on the edge of the box, the commentators called it "a mystery ball from Ballack".

Hehehe I like this one. Perhaps he thought for a second that he'd find Schweini ;)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:25 pm

I saw the game too. It was a fair result....Ballack was okay...nothing great.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:42 pm

Eek Carvalho's goal was pretty much an og by Saha. Poor guy. It bounced off his head where he was trying to defend it. I think Van Der Sar would've saved it if Saha hadn't been in the way too. That boy is getting some bad luck lately. His goal was amazing though.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Previous

Return to Other Matches