You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Malta 2 Hungary 1 [V]

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Will Malta get another point in the Euro 2008 qualifying?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 10

Malta 2 Hungary 1 [V]

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:04 pm

WE WONNNNNNNNNNNNNN! :)

Woohoo hohohohohohohohohohahahahahahahahaha :D :D :D :D

TA' QALI, Malta, Oct 11 (Reuters) - Malta won their first European Championship qualifying tie for 24 years on Wednesday, humbling once mighty Hungary 2-1 in a Euro 2008 Group C clash.

Andre Schembri scored twice for the Maltese to give them their first points of the campaign and virtually end Hungary's hopes of qualifying for the finals.

Hungary did manage an equaliser through Sandor Torghelle but they were reduced to 10 men after 38 minutes when Vilmos Vanczak was sent off for a late tackle.

Malta, who last won a Euro qualifier against Iceland in neutral Messina in 1982, thoroughly deserved their victory as they were the better side, especially after Vanczak was red-carded for fouling Michael Mifsud.

The hosts drew first blood after 13 minutes when the tricky Mifsud's shot came back off the woodwork and the 20-year-old Schembri stabbed the ball into the net.

Hungary needed just six minutes to get back on terms, Sandor Torghelle guiding the ball past Malta goalkeeper Justin Haber after a cross from Stabolcs Huszti.

Mifsud wasted a chance to put Malta back in front when he fired wide from in front of goal while Kevin Sammut's close-range effort was diverted on to the post.

Hungary's Zoltan Gera brought a reflex save out of Malta goalkeeper Justin Haber on the stroke of halftime.

Six minutes into the second half, Schembri breezed past the on-rushing Gabor Kiraly to side foot the winner and clinch an historic victory against the former World Cup finalists.
Last edited by MUTU on Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:14 pm

Hungary population: 10,076,581
Malta population: 404,039

wahahahaha
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby podolski4life » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:56 pm

LOL congrats Mark!!!
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:33 am

yeah...
that's an impressive result for malta..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:41 am

:D

Now I'm really sorry I didn't go to watch the match. I had a football game myself, then I rushed home, washed and ate and went off to watch the 2nd half of the Germany match at the Bayern fan club. So I haven't seen Germany's 1st half goals yet :(
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:54 am

where to get the videos from?...
i remember you posted some videos from previous games...
i have been searching.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:57 am

I search on www.youtube.com for Germany or Bayern, sorted by Date Added. But generally they only show up in the search about 1-2 days AFTER they've been uploaded. So unless I find a link on some other forum, I would have to wait for the search.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:02 am

too bad...
i will have to search too...
i can't wait to see the goals..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:44 am

Congrats to Malta for their win. :D Yeah!!! Nice job.

As for the videos (of Germany's games) I record them on DVD but I don't know how I could edit and put them on the web. To be honest, I'm no computer expert but I know it can be done.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:15 pm

That's awesome, well done Malta :)
Wow thats a small population, I didn't realise Malta was so small!
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:35 pm

We could be much smaller in population as well...
we are one of the most overpopulated countries in the world (3rd i think) ... our density 1,282/km². That's 1282 people per square kilometer.

To compare, England's density is 377/km² and the US' density is 31/km².
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Danger » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:08 pm

congrats !!
it won't be the last win :)
Danger
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Marko » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:35 pm

That's great,it's like Croatia won against England :wink: . We are also small country(not so like Malta)and it was quite supprise! Congratulations :D
strenght to endure
Marko
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:57 pm

Malta drew against Croatia recently :P
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:21 am

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Other Matches