You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Guinness International Champions Cup

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Guinness International Champions Cup

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:05 pm

So yesterday Man U won the second edition of this cup.
Do you think that Bayern should aim to participate in this tournament among the biggest of Europe ?
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Guinness International Champions Cup

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:13 pm

They should enjoy it, because it's the last international thing for them this season :D

Anyway, i don't think so, they should bring back the Audi Cup next season and done, same result, only less matches ofcourse.
Ottomeister13

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:So yesterday Man U won the second edition of this cup.
Do you think that Bayern should aim to participate in this tournament among the biggest of Europe ?

hopefully not... instead they should promote like an adidas cup...played in Munich, with Man Utd, Real Madrid & Juve (the latter also changing to adidas)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:25 pm

The thing is that I don't recall any previous editions of the audi cup receiving the media coverage that this tournament received , maybe due to the teams taking part and the fact that its being played in the US.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Badger » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Is there a possibility that, since it is sponsored by Guinness, Bayern's participation would conflict with their Paulaner sponsorship. I don't know - just thought it might be a factor.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Could be, i remember after the CL final win against Dortmund, they could't get those big glasses out to celebrate. So a big surprise, it wouldn't be. Maybe not that Bayern can't, but just won't out of good faith to Paulaner?
Ottomeister13

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Badger wrote:Is there a possibility that, since it is sponsored by Guinness, Bayern's participation would conflict with their Paulaner sponsorship. I don't know - just thought it might be a factor.

Good observation...I was wondering what could have been the reason, since Bayern were having their own US tour coinciding with the tournament dates and the clue might have been there in the title :)
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:41 pm

If you wanna set foot in the US with marketing, i don't think it would have been a good idea to be on this cup either. They now Man U and Real better over there for now, and now Bayern could get into the market all alone in the places they went and show what Bayern really is.
Ottomeister13

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Man U won

Bayernbazi wrote:tournament among the biggest of Europe

:crazy:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:24 pm

MUTU wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:Man U won

Bayernbazi wrote:tournament among the biggest of Europe

:crazy:

Ok I should have included 'traditional biggest ones'. Man U and a couple of others are not currently up there but one cannot deny that they are big names besides that, there were Real the CL winners and Man City ,EPL champions. I hope that we can give credit were due or else we're becoming the big headed ones ;)
I'm sure that you noticed that this tournament got good exposure, while one had to specifically search for news about the Audi Tour
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:53 pm

To be honest I'm not a big fan of high-profile friendlies, though I don't like playing against unknowns either. The kind of opponents Bayern are facing this summer is what I'd like to see more of.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:00 pm

Ofcourse, give credit were it's due is out of the question. But RM was very Lucky winning the CL. Return against BvB was very bad and in the final it was untill the 1-1 nothing either. And City was not really that great over the whole season, they only won it because Liverpool was to stupid, again.

And we can't forget, they just buy and buy and try that way, to have success. The thing Atletico did last season, proper respect.
Ottomeister13

Postby runaway » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:03 pm

I don't see the point of these over the top friendlies either not to mention the amount of marketing duties the players needs to do while on the road. Liverpool got their squad cut in half with injuries already.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:28 am

runaway wrote:I don't see the point of these over the top friendlies either not to mention the amount of marketing duties the players needs to do while on the road. Liverpool got their squad cut in half with injuries already.

via Tapatalk

That's another valid point although injuries can hit during any match and besides that I'm sure that the US Tour involved a lot of marketing duties for the bayern players. Also the jet lag from the return journey would need a couple of days to dissipate, hopefully this doesn't affect preparations for the game against BVB on Wednesday.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby runaway » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:51 am

Our players did their share of marketing in the Audi Tour but that's like a couple of days compared to this International Cup that's been going on for weeks and they travel to different places if I'm not mistaken.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Next

Return to Other Matches