You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-12-17] Guangzhou Evergrande vs Bayern Munich

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Bayern Munich will go through to the final
95%
Bayern Munich will NOT go through to the final
5%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2013-12-17] Guangzhou Evergrande vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Borusse wrote:Well, I dont mean to be rude but that whole record sounds very forced. I know its an era of Bayern breaking records and all but lets not get crazy because soon it will be Bayern breaking records in most passes in the game, then the most missplaced passes, then the most hugs before and after the game and later maybe the most farts after a meal. :wink:

It's not exactly a record, more of an achievement.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Der Bomber » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:36 pm

They have a good attacking trio but nothing that Bayern can't handle, especially after the recent wake up call in the CL. Those guys looked good, but we have to take into consideration that they were facing a rather very average side compared to what Bayern faces usually, even in the Bundesliga. I just can't see any other outcome than a 1 sided victory for Bayern & would be disappointed of any other scenario. That cup is pretty much a sure thing if they don't play stupidly or get complacent, they're the best club in this competition by a pretty big margin.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Evandro » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Dario Conca signed with FLUMINENSE from Rio de Janeiro (relegated to the 2°brazillian division)
FCB uber alles
Evandro
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Dalv » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:50 pm

if we take it easy as if we're clear winner we might be in for a big surprise. Watched their game vs Al Ahly, they have a very good attack

and Dante, hope u wake up already
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby michel » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Mission 5. FC Bayern wants to win the Club World Cup and it has to defeat Guangzhou Evergrande, currently the best team in Asia, in the semi-final. The dragons have yet to be tested against the best of Planet Football. More: Bayern – Guangzhou preview, testing the untested dragon
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:33 pm

I hope the players have already shifted their full focus to this match rather than Arsenal! Everyone in Europe is rooting for Guangzhou.

What formation should we expect? Lahm back to RB?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby GZBiffo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Hello,

If you want to learn more about Guangzhou Evergrande, have a browse here: http://wildeastfootball.net/topics/guan ... vergrande/

It's match reports, squad analysis, etc by myself and others on Wild East Football, a website about Chinese football in English. Hoping the Cantonese put up a good fight tomorrow!

Cheers, GZBiffo
GZBiffo
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:43 pm

MUTU wrote:I hope the players have already shifted their full focus to this match rather than Arsenal! Everyone in Europe is rooting for Guangzhou.
What formation should we expect? Lahm back to RB?
I don't know what Guangzhou level is but I think this game and trophy is too overhyped.
Lahm as a RB? I don't think so,Guangzhou I can imagine them as a low level team of Bundesliga,so it will be probably a line up such as against Hamburg for example with Ribery & Boateng as starters.If you ask me,I'd like to see Shaqiri start this game instead of Muller(he can play the final) and of course to see Lahm as RB and Martinez as DMF but all 3 of these are a dream of mine.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Dalv » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:19 pm

GZBiffo wrote:Hello,

If you want to learn more about Guangzhou Evergrande, have a browse here: http://wildeastfootball.net/topics/guan ... vergrande/

It's match reports, squad analysis, etc by myself and others on Wild East Football, a website about Chinese football in English. Hoping the Cantonese put up a good fight tomorrow!

Cheers, GZBiffo

Is Guangzhou owned by some rich guy? I see they are the Asian Champions League winner.
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Didn't we play against them in the previous pre-season ?

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:27 pm

Dalv wrote:Is Guangzhou owned by some rich guy? I see they are the Asian Champions League winner.

It's owned by a real estate company. That's why their growth is rapid. They paid Lippi on a high salary as well as some players. I forgot who it was but their #10 was the 3rd highest player in 2011 or 2012 I think, but he'll be leaving next season.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby AdepT » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:31 pm

runaway wrote:
Dalv wrote:Is Guangzhou owned by some rich guy? I see they are the Asian Champions League winner.

It's owned by a real estate company.

Evergrande Real Estate Group.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby GZBiffo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:33 pm

Dalv wrote:
GZBiffo wrote:Hello,

Cheers, GZBiffo

Is Guangzhou owned by some rich guy? I see they are the Asian Champions League winner.

Yeah, they're were taken over in the second tier only four years ago by Evergrande Real Estate company, very wealthy. Branching out into music, bottled water, and god knows what else now. Have bought half of the Chinese national squad over the years - a big deal when in domestic and continental competition you're restricted to four foreigners.

They pay Lippi a fortune, but he doesn't just coach - he's instrumental in totally remodeling the club into a properly professional organisation. They have opened a school/training academy, utilising coaches from Real Madrid, that currently has well over 2000 pupils, with plans to expand. Owner Xu Jiayin aims to turn this Guangzhou outfit into the first superclub in Asia, and if he stays in political favour, he might well do so.
GZBiffo
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby GZBiffo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:56 pm

runaway wrote:

It's owned by a real estate company. That's why their growth is rapid. They paid Lippi on a high salary as well as some players. I forgot who it was but their #10 was the 3rd highest player in 2011 or 2012 I think, but he'll be leaving next season.

The #15, Dario Conca. This will be his second-last game with us. Fantastic player, shame there are so many strong players in his position in Argentina, as he surely would have got a call-up anywhere else by now.
GZBiffo
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby GZBiffo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:59 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Didn't we play against them in the previous pre-season ?

Sent from Neo N003

No, you played Vfl Wolfsburg in Guangzhou for the 2012 Audi Club Cup International Football Tournament, contested by... Vfl Worlfsurg and Bayern Munich. I was at it - you got gold ticker and 'We Are the Champions' at the end.
GZBiffo
Hey, I'm new here!

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches