You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franz Beckenbauer Cup: Bayern vs Inter

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Who will win?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Bayern
80%
Inter
20%

Total votes : 5

Franz Beckenbauer Cup: Bayern vs Inter

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:23 pm

Jose Mourinho and the nerrazurri on their way to Munchen next week to provide the opposition for Bayern's second fake cup game of the summer. Inter are fresh off of being disappointing the the TIM Trophy, that mini-tournament where they play Juve and AC Milan for 45 minutes each. Mourinho's words were "thank god tonight's two games were only friendly." They're also in a bit of a defensive crisis, with Materazzi getting injured against Juve and other defenders also on the treatment table.
Bayern, on the other hand, seem to have found their stride a bit, beating Urawa 4-2 thanks to a couple of classy goals from Poldi, with Miro and Schweini/maybe Poldi also scoring. (Check out the highlights, you'll see what I mean.) They had a few more good looks at goal too. What's the consensus? If they played as well as the highlights made them look, then we might be in good shape. Let's hope they keep it up, beating Inter soundly would be a clear message to the rest of Europe, even if it's only a friendly.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:02 pm

Urawa Red Diamonds vs Bayern Munich Highlights

From watching the highlights, Podolski scored only once. If I watched correctly, he did not touch the ball in 'his' first goal but the second one was a cracker! :) One of the goals conceded was an unlucky one. Lucio trying to clear the ball away but instead bounced off of the opponent's feet and becoming an assist!

Now to the Inter vs Bayern match. Mourinho is relaxed knowing that he has a good excuse of being defeated :!: :D
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:54 pm

mackoy wrote:Urawa Red Diamonds vs Bayern Munich Highlights

From watching the highlights, Podolski scored only once. If I watched correctly, he did not touch the ball in 'his' first goal but the second one was a cracker! :) One of the goals conceded was an unlucky one. Lucio trying to clear the ball away but instead bounced off of the opponent's feet and becoming an assist!

Those assists miss the last 2 goals. Podolski scored another goal which was a beauty of a first time volley! He seems to be on form and a goal against Inter would really boost his confidence.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:00 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:05 pm

Inter are currently having a few problems back in defence, and as the Serie A has quite a few more weeks to start they are less prepared than us, since Bayern are ready for the new season. On the other hand, Bayern are missing Ribery and are, I think, becoming quite weary after the hard training during pre-season. Overall, I think Bayern will win, but it will be close. This match will certainly show us where we stand in Europe, and a victory of 2 or 3 goal difference would allow me at least to set my hopes very high for the Champion's League. :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shwas55 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:36 am

well we lost to half teamed inter milan, it was obvious we we lost the game, we failed to create more than few chances.
Seria A is 4 weeks away so milan was underdone.
even if reibery was playing he would have been double teamed out of the game.
This is the type of teams we will be playing every week in the champions league, and im sorry to say the match today wasnt a good sign at all not because the result but because of the way we played.
WE NEED A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER, WE NEED A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER, WE NEED A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER, WE NEED A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER, WE NEED A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER, WE NEED A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER, WE NEED A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER, WE NEED A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER, WE NEED A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER, WE NEED A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER, WE NEED A CREATIVE MIDFIELDER
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Matakos » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:37 pm

The first signs are bad for our champions league campaign...I knew this :( .But the board insists on the current roster. :(
Our King!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby shwas55 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:35 pm

Matakos wrote:The first signs are bad for our champions league campaign...I knew this :( .But the board insists on the current roster. :(

They need to wake up and continue on last summer's good work
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:07 pm

I'm not worried at all that we lost. The bad news is that Demichelis got injured. Bayern had 6 players unavailable for the match too and now 7 :( . The result of this game doesn't mean anything. Both teams looked tired.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Return to Other Matches