You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Football from around the globe

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Postby podolski4life » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:07 am

HAHAHA :lol: Makes you wonder what Materazzi said.

We had this event on campus a couple months back, and a person showed up dressed in Materazzi’s jersey and a bullseye taped on his shirt.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:13 pm

ahahaha :lol: :lol:
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:19 pm

It looks like this guy didn't learn his lesson yet. Some day somebody will beat his ass real good.
FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:06 pm

Materazzi, who reacted angrily when Delvecchio caught Inter keeper Julio Cesar with a late challenge, insisted he did nothing wrong.

'My reaction was instinctive and all I wanted to do was protect my keeper,' said the 33-year-old who lay on the ground as Delvecchio was sent off.

'I went over to say to him 'What do you think you're doing'?. He then pushed me and I didn't go down. Then he headbutted me and I fell to the ground. He hurt my lip.

'I admit it when I make a mistake, but on this occasion I didn't do anything wrong.'
Source: GOLTV

:-({|= Oh my! He hurt his lip. Give this man a box of tissues and fast.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:37 am

:) someone give him local anaesthetic, quick!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:21 am

:-k I wonder if his wife head butts him when he won't do the dishes?
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby yoanna » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:12 pm

two down. still, there's the whole football community waiting in line to headbutt him.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Struggling Barca in need of Messi-ah

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:22 am

League leader Barcelona is staggering rather than romping to its third successive Spanish title but coach Frank Rijkaard believes that it can recover its poise against Racing Santander on Sunday.
"The basic principal is that we've got to recover our organization and shape and concede less goals," said Rijkaard. "This team is still evolving and has room to develop more but we have a small advantage over the other teams because they have been at their limit so far (this season)."

Barcelona is unbeaten in the league at home this season but has only won three of its past nine games, and all against teams in the bottom four of the division. :P

The Catalan club has a one-point lead over Sevilla at the top and against Racing, Barcelona could get a big boost to its morale by fielding Lionel Messi.

The Argentine teenager has been out for almost three months with an injury to his left foot but resumed full training with the rest of the team earlier in the week.

Rijkaard still has worries over the fitness of Deco and Ronaldinho but, if history is any sort of indicator, Barcelona should notch up three points.

Racing has lost on its past nine trips to the Nou Camp and not won there since 1983. Last season, it went down 4-1 in the same fixture, with Messi among the scorers.

To add to their woes, Racing strikers Nicola Zigic and Pedro Munitis are both suspended. Racing is expected to use Juanjo Exposito and former Real Madrid reserve Javier Balboa up front instead.

Sevilla visits local rival Real Betis on Saturday just 10 days after the pair slugged out a 0-0 draw in the Spanish Cup.

The acrimony between the two teams has not stopped and Sevilla coach Juande Ramos has continued with the barbed exchanges.

"I hope that Betis aren't as defensive as they were in the Cup. There are three points up for grabs and both teams need them," :!: said Ramos.

Sevilla will be without defender Julien Escude and midfielder Duda who are both suspended.

The 2006 Uefa Cup winner could also be without Fredi Kanoute, the Spanish Primera Liga's leading scorer with 16 goals, for the second successive game as the Malian striker is still stuggling to overcome a slight groin strain.

Valencia is the team in form at the moment and is third, only three points away from Barca, after winning seven out of its past eight games.

It will be looking to keep up the pressure on the leading pair with a win at Getafe on Sunday.

The current form of the 2002 and 2004 Spanish champion was demonstrated with five of its squad starting for Spain in the 1-0 defeat of England Wednesday - a record for the club.

"Getafe are having a great season and they have got great players like (striker) Daniel Guiza but we are planning to get our revenge after they beat us in the Cup," said Valencia winger Joaquin Sanchez. David Beckham's month-long spell in the stands since he announced he was leaving Real Madrid in the summer is set to come to an end after the club announced that he will be recalled to the squad for the game against Real Sociedad on Saturday. :wink:

Real coach Fabio Capello had said he would not pick the 31-year-old former England captain after he agreed a move to LA Galaxy next season. #-o

The Standard
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Milan center of Italian renaissance

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:33 am

Italy's Serie A resumes Sunday after being suspended for a week through fan violence with Inter Milan chasing a 15th successive league win and Brazil striker Ronaldo making his debut for AC Milan.
"It won't be easy to forget what has happened but it is right to restart," Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi said.

All games in Italy were suspended following the death of a police officer, Filippo Raciti, during riots at the Catania- Palermo Serie A match in Sicily on February 2.

Eleven of 21 games in Serie A and B this weekend will be played behind closed doors after several stadia failed to meet new security standards - including closed circuit surveillance cameras and turnstiles at the entrances - demanded by the government.

Rome's Stadio Olimpico passed the security review but the most notable failure was Milan's San Siro - home to both Serie A leader Inter and ninth-placed Milan. :roll:

"An empty San Siro would be a sadness," Inzaghi said. "I really hope a solution is found because football without fans just doesn't exist."

League-leader Inter travels to Chievo Verona but no fans will watch the game as the Marc' Antonio Bentegodi stadium was deemed substandard.

Inter, which has 57 points, is looking for a 15th consecutive league victory :-k to equal the European record held by Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Madrid won 15 in La Liga in the 1960-61 season and Bayern won its last nine Bundesliga games of 2004-05 and its first six of 2005-06.

The Nerazzurri will not be short of match practice as nine of their starting lineup were on international duty this week. However, Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Inter's top scorer with 10 goals - is injured.

Second-placed Roma hosts Parma, with captain Francesco Totti hoping to recover from a knee injury to make his 452nd club appearance and surpass Giacomo Losi's record for the Giallorossi.

In Milan, Ronaldo and goalkeeper Marco Storari are expected to make their debuts for the Rossoneri against Livorno.

Ronaldo, 30, joined Milan from Real, returning to the city where he spent five years with Inter. Storari signed from struggling Messina as cover for Brazil's Dida, who is injured.

Milan is ninth with 27 points after starting the season with an eight-point penalty from the match-fixing scandal.

Serie B resumes with Juventus looking to stretch its two-point lead atop the division against Vicenza, which is 18th.

The Bianconeri will be without defender Jonathan Zebina, who completes a three-match suspension. Uefa will decide next week what venues Italian clubs can use in European competition following the clampdown on stadium safety in Italy.

Senior Italian footballing officials met Uefa's executive committee and new president Michel Platini at the European governing body's headquarters in Switzerland Friday.

"They haven't taken any decision regarding the Italian case. Uefa is supporting the Italian decision," a spokesman said.

Uefa chief spokesman William Gaillard said earlier: "I think we'll have to analyze what the Italian FA tells us, then we'll have a decision next week." 8-[

Five Italian clubs are still involved in European competition: Milan and city rival Inter Milan as well as Roma in the Champions League, Livorno and Parma in the Uefa Cup.

Milan and Inter believe the San Siro will be able to host European ties.

"They'll stay at the Meazza (the San Siro)," said Antonio Matarrese, head of the league organization. "Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani and Inter chief Massimo Moratti have underlined that they want to play at San Siro even if that means in front of no fans."

Inter will play Valencia at home on February 21, while Milan faces Celtic on March 7.

:idea: Other clubs hit by the stadia ban are furious. Film producer Aurelio De Laurentiis, president of Serie B Napoli, described the measures as "fascist."

The Standard
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Ferguson builds on rock for the ages

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:49 am

Alex Ferguson has billed defensive duo Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic as the rock on which Manchester United's title challenge is being built ahead of Saturday's Old Trafford clash with relegation-threatened Charlton.
United faces Alan Pardew's strugglers with a six-point lead at the top of the Premiership following its 4-0 destruction of Tottenham at White Hart Lane last Sunday.

As in many games recently, the center-half partnership of England star Ferdinand and Serbia international Vidic proved key for United in the early stages when Spurs attempted to take the initiative.

And according to United manager Ferguson
, the pair's developing partnership is a key factor in the club's all- conquering Premiership form so far this term.

Ferguson said: "Rio and Vidic have formed a really good partnership and they can get better because they are young enough. We think they will be the foundation of the defense for years to come. :)

"Rio has been fantastic for us this season and I've been delighted with him. I have only rested him for one game, against Wigan, but center-halves can play more games and I don't think the number of matches will affect him one bit because he is a strong athlete.

"He has always had a fantastic talent, balance and his use of the ball is excellent. His technique is probably the best in the game for a defender and his concentration has improved." :P

Ferdinand, set to be handed the task of shackling Charlton striker Darren Bent if the England hitman proves his fitness in time for the game, admits that he is relishing his new partnership with Vidic.

He said: "We've never really had a settled back line since I've been here and I've played with numerous different people.

"Maybe I had a settled one with Mikael Silvestre, but even then that was interrupted a little bit through injury. I think now is the most settled it's been, and we're getting our reward for that.

"We've got a good understanding of each other's games and we're always learning. Vida's willing to learn as well. He's eager to learn the game and he's doing that at a great rate at the moment. O:)

"Consistency is the key. That's what I've been striving for throughout my career. I've gained a lot of experience over the years and I'd like to think that has been paying off."

Charlton travels to Old Trafford five points adrift of safety, but Pardew's team has collected four points from its past two away games having won at Portsmouth and drawn at Bolton.

And Danish winger Dennis Rommedahl insists that the squad is now better prepared for the relegation dogfight that it faces. He said: "I don't think we should go to Old Trafford thinking this is the game where we need to get points. We have six-pointers coming up against teams around us and we can close the gap. :!:

"I've had to adjust to a different type of game because of our struggles this season, but that has been good for me. Maybe people haven't seen the best of me, but I'm learning and that's why I came here.

"The manager has done well since he's come in. He's kept it simple and got the players believing in themselves. Normally, players would rather be safe and focus on playing, but I think we're starting to enjoy the battle now." =P~

The Standard
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Reds dare to dream after takeover

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:31 am

Jamie Carragher admits the 438 million (HK$6.6 billion) takeover of Liverpool by US businessmen George Gillett Jr and Tom Hicks has had an immediate impact on the Anfield dressing room.
The fine details of the deal will not be completed for at least another 28 days and it will take even longer for the full effect of Gillett Jr and Hicks' investment to filter through into Rafael Benitez's playing squad. :wink:

But long-serving defender Carragher has revealed that the promise of future financial strength has already provoked ambitious speculation among the players who foresee the club launching a more effective challenge on the Premiership top two.

Benitez's side has stayed in touch with Manchester United and Chelsea without ever threatening to break the two clubs' stranglehold at the top this season although Carragher believes this situation is about to change. #-o

"All the players have been talking to each other for the last few days and we're all excited this is going to move the club forward," Carragher said.

"We're hoping it's going to help us get to the level of Manchester United. It would be nice to think we'll have as much money as Chelsea, but I think that's unrealistic. Being able to compete in the transfer market with United would be good enough, and being able to sign players of the caliber they've managed in the last ten years would make a big difference.

"What we need in the future is what every top side needs. Good players who are capable of winning us the Premiership."

Liverpool's hopes of leap-frogging Chelsea and moving into second place behind United faltered last week when neighbor Everton halted the Anfield club's run of five league wins by forcing a 0-0 draw in the Merseyside derby.

And Benitez will be all too aware that failure to win against an improving Newcastle United in Saturday's trip to St James' Park could mean third place remains the limit of his side's ambition this season. :roll:

Newcastle, though, is anxious to atone for last week's defeat against Fulham that pushed the side back into the bottom half of the table and manager Glenn Roeder has demanded an immediate response.

"We want to finish as high as we possibly can in the table," he said. "We had a setback against Fulham but we want to push on now. This is a major game against a team that is flying at the moment.

"It's important that we get a good start to the game and push on from there." :-k

With Newcastle's injury problems showing no sign of abating, Roeder will again have to shuffle his squad with Peruvian midfielder Nolberto Solano likely to figure at right-back in place of Stephen Carr who was injured on international duty with the Republic of Ireland. :-s

The Standard
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:39 am

David Beckham said: "It is very hard for me because I would like to help the team," :?

"I'm desperate to play again. I don't know if I will but I've got to keep on training. I want to leave this club on a high." :mrgreen:

Fixtures
(1600 GMT Kick-off unless stated)
Saturday
Real Sociedad v Real Madrid (19:00), Real Betis v Sevilla (21:00)
Sunday
Celta Vigo v Espanyol (16:00), Getafe v Valencia (16:00), Gimnastic Tarragona v Osasuna (16:00), Levante v Recreativo Huelva (16:00), Real Mallorca v Real Zaragoza (16:00), Villarreal v Deportivo La Coruna (16:00), Barcelona v Racing Santander (18:00), Atletico Madrid v Athletic Bilbao (20:00)
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:52 am

On Thursday a 17-year-old youth protested his innocence as he was placed under investigation for voluntary homicide in the death of police officer Filippo Raciti, 38, last Friday.

"I'm innocent, it wasn't me. Mom, I swear to you it wasn't me," the teenager's lawyer quoted him as tearfully telling the judge as his mother looked on.

The suspect was arrested with three other minors overnight Tuesday after being identified through video footage taken during the riot at a first-division match between bitter Sicilian rivals Catania and Palermo. :shock:

"I'm now expecting the stadiums to meet the required standards relatively quickly," said Interior Minister Giuliano Amato.

"Putting in a few turnstiles is not a NASA mission to the moon and it isn't that expensive either." :|

All domestic and international matches were cancelled at the weekend in the wake of Friday's riot, which shocked a nation where football-related violence has claimed at least 12 lives since 1962.

Catania was ruled off limits, as well as Parma and Udine, while stadiums in Rome, Turin, Siena, Cagliari, Palermo and Genoa were given a clean bill of health.

"We will play on Sunday," said AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani.

"We have proved our sense of responsibility and decided to play. If a law is passed then we must respect it. Our stadium wasn't outside of the law, it is just that the legislation was passed before our renovation work could be completed."

Livorno striker Cristiano Lucarelli, who represents his Serie A club at the Italian players' union (AIC), warned earlier that fellow Serie A players could stage a strike in protest at the new measures banning fans.

"We respect the government's decisions but we cannot accept that certain teams play without a crowd and others with full stands," :arrow: said Lucarelli.

"Yesterday (Wednesday) the club presidents sounded out the AIC to know if we are ready, if needs be, for a strike day. And we said yes."

AC Milan said meanwhile that they might play their next home Champions League match in Geneva or Newcastle.

The club owned by Silvio Berlusconi, Italy's former prime minister and now opposition leader, are set to host Scottish giants Celtic in the Champions League last 16, second leg, on March 7.

Authorities spent overnight Wednesday examining video footage of the clashes, dealing with images that were clouded by tear gas and smoke bombs. :(

Before Thursday's arrest, 34 other people, including 11 minors, were picked up, but none were thought to be directly linked to Raciti's death.

Raciti, married with two sons, died after a home-made bomb was thrown into his car. :oops:

According to the Italian press, the 17-year-old arrested Thursday was already known by the police as a troublemaker.

:idea: In Brussels, meanwhile, Platini accepted an invitation from EU Justice and Security Commissioner Franco Frattini, himself an Italian, to discuss football hooliganism and racism with EU officials.

Given the urgency of the meeting, it will be held "in the days and weeks to come," said Commission spokesman Friso Ascam Abbing, although no time or place has yet been agreed.

Among the likely points on the agenda will be "whether or not football hooligans can travel freely to football grounds in the EU," he added.

Racism both inside and outside grounds will also be discussed along with the possibility of "fan coaching for developing a new positive and non-violent attitude."

The talks will also discuss the possibility of an EU-level approach to the problem "with of course the cooperation of UEFA and, if possible, fan associations," :!: Ascam Abbing said.

Fixtures
(all 14:00 GMT kick-off)
Sunday
AC Milan v Livorno, AS Roma v Parma, Atalanta v Lazio, Cagliari v Siena, Chievo Verona v Inter Milan, Fiorentina v Udinese, Messina v Catania, Palermo v Empoli, Sampdoria v Ascoli, Torino v Reggina
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:04 am

With Cristiano Ronaldo and Paul Scholes in majestic form, it is the attacking side of Ferguson's team that has earned most of the plaudits this season. =P~

But the United manager, whose side host struggling Charlton on Saturday, is convinced that the destination of the title rests on United's ability to grind out narrow wins when they are below their best.

Ferguson said: "Keeping clean sheets is the name of the game at this stage of the season.

Ferguson will hope Tomasz Kuszczak, who deputises for Edwin van der Sar as the Dutch keeper recovers from a broken nose, doesn't destabilise that defence.

Liverpool are unbeaten in six matches but will be missing the suspended Xabi Alonso as they try to capitalise on the feel-good factor generated by the American tycoons.

While the race for the title hots up, the survival battle at the other end of the table gets increasingly fraught. :wink:

Nowhere will that desperation be more evident than at Upton Park, where third bottom West Ham face rock bottom Watford. West Ham have won just once in the league since Alan Curbishley took over in December and the Hammers boss admits his side now face a decisive run of fixtures.

Curbishley said: "There are now some defining matches coming up, starting with Saturday's against Watford, followed by the trip to Charlton, and the players know that they are must-win games. They realise the seriousness of the situation." #-o

Watford are 10 points from safety and even their relentlessly up-beat manager Adrian Boothroyd is beginning to fear the worst.

"We have got ourselves in a hole and we have got to get out of it," he said. "But if we carry on playing like we did against Bolton we will only make it deeper." ](*,)

Fixtures
(15:00GMT kick-off unless stated)
Saturday
Chelsea v Middlesbrough, Everton v Blackburn, Manchester United v Charlton, Newcastle v Liverpool, Portsmouth v Manchester City (17:15), Reading v Aston Villa (12:45), Sheffield United v Tottenham, West Ham v Watford
Sunday
Arsenal v Wigan (16:00), Bolton v Fulham (13:30)
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:09 am

Real Madrid captain Raul, midfielder Guti and several other first team players have come out in support of Beckham saying he should continue playing until the end of his contract. \:D/

Spanish media have pointed to the fact that other players such as Barcelona's Javier Saviola and Valencia's Roberto Ayala, whose contracts also terminate at the end of the season, are still playing for their respective clubs.

Capello, whose position is under threat after back-to-back defeats in the league, had hinted he that he may soften his attitude over the midfielder. 8)

Beckham's last appearance for Real was when he came on as a substitute in their 2-0 defeat at Deportivo Coruna on Jan. 7 a few days before announcing he had signed a five-year deal with LA Galaxy worth $250 million. :roll:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches