You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Women's World Cup China 2007

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

FIFA Women's World Cup China 2007

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:00 pm

Germany beat Argentina in their opening match with a massive score of 11-0. It is a goal scoring record in one match in a world cup. The previous record was 8-0. Also they need to score only other 7 goals to break the record of scoring the most goals in all the tournament!

Scorers:

* Kerstin GAREFREKES (17')
* Melanie BEHRINGER (24)
* Birgit PRINZ (29', 46+, 59')
* Renate LINGOR (51)
* Sandra SMISEK (57', 70', 79')
* Vanina CORREA (12 OG, 91' OG)

Their next match is against England on the 14th of September at 20:00 (local time)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:18 pm

What a match!!! :roll:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:32 pm

I was expecting one of the girls to open this thread, :)

11-0 with Argentina? Goddamn!! and two own goals. Germany is not kidding.

I saw on TV yesterday that Argentina vs Germany(opening game) will be shown today at 7pm here in US, I was surprised once I saw the result here, I really thought they were going to show it live.
FC Bajern

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:18 pm

I wonder what Argentina were doing on the field? :D
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Preview: England vs Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:53 am

England face German juggernaut

Group A rivals Germany and England will contest a European derby in Shanghai on Friday which could have a decisive impact on the chase for quarter-final places. A Germany win would confirm the holders' early qualification for the last eight, but England are expected to provide considerably tougher resistance than Argentina did in the Opening Match as they look to improve their prospects of a quarter-final place with at least a point.

The match
England-Germany, Shanghai, Friday 14 September, 20:00 (local time)

The stakes
Germany got their tournament under way with a record 11-0 win over Argentina, the world and European champions thrilling the crowds with their impressive firepower. England know what to expect, therefore, but should not be overawed by the defending champions. Their first game was a 2-2 thriller against Japan, and they will be looking to build on that solid start against Germany. England's No10 Kelly Smith was particularly impressive, scoring the two goals which grabbed them a share of the spoils.

The players
Germany's Sonja Fuss has a cold, while experienced defender Sandra Minnert is definitely out due to a thigh injury. For England, Alex Scott and Rachel Brown picked up knocks against Japan but should be available for selection.

The history
England and Germany have faced each other no fewer than 17 times, and the statistics do not look promising for Hope Powell and her players. Germany had won 16 in a row before the sides played out a goalless draw in Guagzhou on 31 January this year.

At the FIFA Women's World Cup, the two teams met for the first time at Sweden 1995, when Germany won a quarter-final clash 3-0. Both of the current coaches were involved in that match, with Silvia Neid playing the full 90 minutes for Germany while Hope Powell was on the England substitutes' bench.

The words
They are a strong side but I think the game against Argentina was a non-event. They haven't been tested and we have to go into the match with the belief that we can get the point we need - Faye White,Englanddefender

In Kelly Smith, England have a player we'll have to keep an eye on, but we have 11 players that England will have to watch out for. If we hit top form then England won't have a chance against us - Ariane Hingst,Germanydefender

http://fifa.com/womenworldcup/matches/r ... eview.html
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:52 pm

England 0-0 Gemany
FC Bajern

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:09 pm

Germany 2-0 Japan

standings

Germany is through to the quarterfinals, they are waiting for the second team from group B (either USA or Korea).
FC Bajern

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:13 pm

Prinz puts paid to Japan

Birgit Prinz became the FIFA Women's World Cup's all-time top scorer as Germany eased into the quarter-finals at the expense of Japan with a comfortable 2-0 win.

Her 114th international strike - and, crucially, her 13th at this event, taking her beyond USA's Michelle Akers who recorded 12 between 1991 and 1999 - sealed her country's progression to the quarter-finals as winners of Group A with a 2-0 victory over Japan who now go home. England also advanced from the section after they completed a horrible campaign for luckless Argentina with a 6-1 win

fifa
FC Bajern

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:09 am

Germany will be playing Korea in the quarterfinals on 22 September at 17:00 (local time)
FC Bajern

Postby FC Bajern » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:55 pm

Germany 3-0 Korea

and Germany is in the semi-finals, this is how things look

FC Bajern

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:41 pm

Germany is in the final for the third time out of five world cups.

FC Bajern

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:04 pm

Woo! I guess USA are still the favourites, or not?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tracylynn » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:42 pm

MUTU wrote:Woo! I guess USA are still the favourites, or not?

I don't believe the US was ever the favorites to win the WC. I believe Germany was the hands-on favorite from the get go and the US were in the top 3 in terms of favorites.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:12 pm

tracylynn wrote:
MUTU wrote:Woo! I guess USA are still the favourites, or not?

I don't believe the US was ever the favorites to win the WC. I believe Germany was the hands-on favorite from the get go and the US were in the top 3 in terms of favorites.

At the start of the tournament I remember checking the bets from a number of bookmakers and the US were runaway favourites. After all, the US are ranked #1 in the world when it comes to women's football.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FC Bajern » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:47 pm

I really don't want Barzil to win this one.

FC Bajern

Next

Return to Other Matches