You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA Confederations Cup 2017

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

FIFA Confederations Cup 2017

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:41 pm

The team for the Conf Cup could ne the following ,
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/8 ... 1169781760
Kimmich Sule Rudy the only ones from bayern

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: General German national team thread

Postby America USA » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:56 pm

I hope Löw selects a strong team for the Confederations Cup. This is the only tournament, along with the Olympic Gold, that the Germans have never won. You never know when you'll get the chance to play in this Cup again so I believe Germany should go for it.

Since Neuer is out I think Ter Stegen will start as the No.1. This should be the tentative squad against Australia, Chile and Cameroon.

Marc
Kimmich Rudiger/Howedes Jerome/Hummels Hector
Kroos Kheidra/Weigl
Sane/Brandt Muller/Ozil Reus/Draxler
Gomez/Schurrle

Reserve Goalkeeper: Leno
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:26 am

No way will these all play
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:14 am

#12 wrote:No way will these all play

Unfortunately you're right. And then that idiot Ronaldo may win another undeserved trophy and he'll take all the credit for it. Had the Germans played Portugal in last years final they would have made light work of that Portuguese team.

As a Die Mannschaft supporter though I would like to see Germany win this Cup and the Olympic gold sooner rather than later! A full strength German team should win the Confederations Cup and only Chile, Portugal and Russia(because they are the hosts) present any sort of challenge.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: FIFA Confederations Cup 2017

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:36 pm

America USA wrote:I hope Löw selects a strong team for the Confederations Cup. This is the only tournament, along with the Olympic Gold, that the Germans have never won. You never know when you'll get the chance to play in this Cup again so I believe Germany should go for it.

Isn't this the last edition that will be held?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:07 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
America USA wrote:I hope Löw selects a strong team for the Confederations Cup. This is the only tournament, along with the Olympic Gold, that the Germans have never won. You never know when you'll get the chance to play in this Cup again so I believe Germany should go for it.

Isn't this the last edition that will be held?

No idea

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

I hate Ronaldo as much as the next guy, probably more, and I want him to fail just as badly... But I'd rather have a well-rested, fit and uninjured Bayern squad at Pastaman's disposal when the season starts...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:05 pm

#12 wrote:I hate Ronaldo as much as the next guy, probably more, and I want him to fail just as badly... But I'd rather have a well-rested, fit and uninjured Bayern squad at Pastaman's disposal when the season starts...

Ronaldo didn't deserve to win any trophy last year. Real Madrid had the easiest run in to the final and I'm sure the way Bayern were playing at the end of last season we would have beaten them in the final had Muller not missed that Penalty against ATM. He then wins another undeserved Ballon d'or! And if only Bastian had been a bit more careful in that semi final against France then Germany would have absolutely toasted Portugal in the final!

I can understanding the defense and goalkeepers being rested but I do think that Kroos, Khiedra, Ozil and Muller should go to Russia. Muller doesn't get injured often and even when he's out he recovers pretty quick! Kroos and Khiedra are not our responsibility since they are not Bayern players, but they should be good for five games. And Ozil seems to require a lot of "rest" he even seems to be resting on the pitch when Arsenal are playing. Again I think you're right and probably we won't see these four, but as a Germany supporter I would love to see them win this Cup sooner rather than waiting for another 4-8 years. That's a long time!
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lukas » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Any club that has their players picked for this will be pretty concerned
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Injuries can happen any time. You can't predict that stuff. Look at Neuer he has two excellent games for us in the CL and then broke his foot at the end of the game. Hummels got injured out of nowhere before the first leg. What if a key player gets injured during the WC qualifying? I really don't get this argument. Playing for your nation and winning trophies for the country should be a thing of pride for every player.

I am pretty sure Alexis(Arsenal) and Vidal(Bayern) will be playing for Chile in the Confed Cup. Also Real Madrid's biggest star will be playing, don't see Real Madrid having a problem with letting Ronaldo go but not letting Kroos go.

I have immense respect for players who are willing to give it all for their national as well as club teams. If anything else winning trophies for your country would help the players confidence!
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Neuer was already inj before the RM match.

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:54 pm

Lukas wrote:Any club that has their players picked for this will be pretty concerned

As per that logic, no one is gonna play for Germany since Manchester City(Sane), PSG(Draxler), Dortmund(Reus & Schurrle), Cologne(Hector), Roma(Rudiger), Arsenal(Mustafi), Leverkusen(Leno) and Bayern(Kimmich & Sule) are all gonna be concerned about their players and would want to protect them for the start of the season. So who's gonna play for Germany? 2. Bundesliga players? Wait maybe that'll hurt the chances of the lower clubs to get either promoted or relegated!
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:56 pm

America USA wrote:
Lukas wrote:Any club that has their players picked for this will be pretty concerned

As per that logic, no one is gonna play for Germany since Manchester City(Sane), PSG(Draxler), Dortmund(Reus & Schurrle), Cologne(Hector), Roma(Rudiger), Arsenal(Mustafi), Leverkusen(Leno) and Bayern(Kimmich & Sule) are all gonna be concerned about their players and would want to protect them for the start of the season. So who's gonna play for Germany? 2. Bundesliga players? Wait maybe that'll hurt the chances of the lower clubs to get either promoted or relegated!

What are you talking about? It's common fact that clubs hate international football. Not that there's anything they can do about it.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:What are you talking about? It's common fact that clubs hate international football. Not that there's anything they can do about it.

Precisely. If clubs started getting their way the World Cup would become an U-22 youth tournament. That's why I never understood this argument of players risking injury when playing for the nation. They get injured playing for the clubs all the time. You could say that Germany will be without Neuer in the Confed Cup because he got injured with us. God forbid, imagine that happening next year! What a blow that would be to the German national team in the WC, losing their No.1 a few months before a tourney that happens once in FOUR years!

The fact is that injuries can happen at any time, Pepe's recent injury in the Madrid derby is a prime example.Imagine, if a country does rest its best players and then in the first week of the season a player injures himself during team training. What then? I repeat I can understand Germany resting the defenders because of how much they go through the entire season. But play makers like Ozil, Kroos, Muller and Kheidra should be fine for five games. Even in the worst case scenario, as club fan I would prefer our players to be injured at the start of the season rather than at the end of the season. Injuries during the crucial CL knockout stages hurt the most. For clubs like Bayern, Madrid and Juventus can make up for a slow start to the season.

That's all I gotta say. I hope Germany selects at least the first team forwards for this competition. Remember a CL can be won every year, but tournaments like this only come once in four(or sometimes more) years. As a German national team supporter I'd like to see them win this tournament and the Olympic Gold during my lifetime! You never know when you'll get this chance again.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RB624 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Isn't this the last edition that will be held?

I don't see anything about that online (just as I see nothing about Kassai being suspended by UEFA, which was claimed in another post). The only change I have seen mentioned is that 2022 WC hosts Qatar will not host the 2021 edition and that it will be hosted by another Asian country to be chosen later.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to Other Matches