You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-08-05] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will lift the trophy
35%
Bayern Munich will lift the trophy
65%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2017-08-05] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby Lahmies » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:06 pm

kod2600 wrote:Victory aside. Why did he take out Muller?

Still haven't wrapped my mind around that one...
Lahmies
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Pelin » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:06 pm

thephalanx wrote:
America USA wrote:Crisis averted. Winning feels good. And all of those were top class penalties except maybe Kimmich should have gone for the middle like he did against Buffon last year.

6th Supercup win aside. Taking of Thomas was a terrible mistake, we looked so bad once Müller came off. It was men against boys and BVB were toying with Bayern. Bosz tactically outplayed Carlo in that second half. Rode was a beast for Dortmund. Still lot of work to do and let's hope the team chemistry gets better sooner rather than lateral.

Muller was substituted around the 70th min. Dortmund suffocated and outplayed us since the beginning of the second half. :thumbdown:

Rode Dahoud sub caused it, since we lost the midfield.

Dortmund already had 3vs 2 advantage there. They tried to limit Rudy and they did well to some extent.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:09 pm

So he doesn't take a penalty :coffee:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:09 pm

thephalanx wrote:
America USA wrote:Crisis averted. Winning feels good. And all of those were top class penalties except maybe Kimmich should have gone for the middle like he did against Buffon last year.

6th Supercup win aside. Taking of Thomas was a terrible mistake, we looked so bad once Müller came off. It was men against boys and BVB were toying with Bayern. Bosz tactically outplayed Carlo in that second half. Rode was a beast for Dortmund. Still lot of work to do and let's hope the team chemistry gets better sooner rather than lateral.

Muller was substituted around the 70th min. Dortmund suffocated and outplayed us since the beginning of the second half. :thumbdown:

I agree that tactically Bosz was doing a number on Carlo since the 50th minute. Rode was a very good sub and he was outstanding for BVB in the second half. However, taking off Thomas was like a death sentence. The goal followed his substitution and had it been Müller instead of Coman when Lewandowski pulled it back I'm pretty sure he would have buried it from there. Then Dortmund scored from the resulting counter. After the goal was scored and until the 86th minute Bayern looked Dire! It was painful viewing for a Bayern fan.

So yes taking Müller off made an already bad situation even worse.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kingbayern » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:13 pm

well we have that clutch attitude that we had under Jupp,,, we just need to develop our playing style like in the first half and I am sure this season will be interesting
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby thephalanx » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:15 pm

Pelin wrote:
thephalanx wrote:

Rode Dahoud sub caused it, since we lost the midfield.

Dortmund already had 3vs 2 advantage there. They tried to limit Rudy and they did well to some extent.

Options on the bench for Carlo, Marco Friedl, Tillman, Pantović !!
Bring back Van Gaal
thephalanx
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Cyprus

Postby kod2600 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
So he doesn't take a penalty :coffee:

Good reason. :coffee:
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby thephalanx » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:23 pm

America USA wrote:
thephalanx wrote:

I agree that tactically Bosz was doing a number on Carlo since the 50th minute. Rode was a very good sub and he was outstanding for BVB in the second half. However, taking off Thomas was like a death sentence. The goal followed his substitution and had it been Müller instead of Coman when Lewandowski pulled it back I'm pretty sure he would have buried it from there. Then Dortmund scored from the resulting counter. After the goal was scored and until the 86th minute Bayern looked Dire! It was painful viewing for a Bayern fan.

So yes taking Müller off made an already bad situation even worse.

I am not so sure Muller would have buried anything. Muller did not score for 999 straight minutes last season and i do not see how he could have helped us in midfield? #-o
Bring back Van Gaal
thephalanx
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Cyprus

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:29 pm

First of all, sorry for the bad quality of the pictures. My first phone was out of battery and I'm using my other one.

Well, well, well. That was a hell of a experience for me. I watched my 3rd game live, but for the first time I was doing it not at the Allianz.
I wanna start with this - I checked out one more of my dreams - seeing Coco in Bayern jersey playing in front of me.Next time, I want to see James in the red jersey.
Few things for the game - In the first half everyone played great, excluding the mistake from Javi.I looked at the starting formations, and they was saying that it was 4 4 3, but after few minutes it was clearly looking like a diamond 4 4 2, with Coco as a right back in the most of the time.That was in favor of Kimmich and he did a great job in offense and with help from Coco he was solid in defense too. Great partnership.

Rafinha was all right on the left, he has experience as a LB, but we should give credit to Vidal who was STUCK in Dembele as a gonorrhea in final stage.Not giving him a lot of chances to do something in the final third.

The big surprise was Rudy, I knew that he's amazing player since 2 or 3 seasons , but I still was surprised how well he's playing next to the other boys. Great game for him. Great.

And one word for Carlo. He did amazing job with the tactics in today's game. It's looking like when he is next to the wall, he's adapting to the situation, and this is how the things should be.
In the second half we continue to play in 4 4 2 in defense and diamond 4 4 2 in offense.
And in the second half we started to play with more players pressing highly Dortmund in the opposite field.

There was the positives from the game.

The bad things - Javi.. Again. These injuries man.. The bad thing is that he's loosing too much of his speed, and he's with this injuries I'm worried that he's never going to be the same man that we used to know, but let's hope that I'm not going to be right and Ribery was jogging in defense in the last 20 minutes, I'm sure If we was in full strength the result will be different.

While I was thinking that we're going to loose, then the mixture in front of the Dortmund happen.

And I don't wanna comment the penalties, because my heart rate was around 180 while watching it, and I'm not sure what I saw.

Cheers! See yall tomorrow! ImageImageImage

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:37 pm

I could only see bits of the game here and there, and while it's very nice to win the first trophy of the season, I thought we didn't play that well. I just hope the game doesn't give us a false sense of security.

Well done to Rudy.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lou-Diamonds » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Lou-Diamonds wrote:
Agree with this but I'd like to see Müller playing a little more centrally/off Lewy rather than stuck out wide.
And with Thiago looking unlikely, I think a midfield trio of Vidal and Tolisso in box to box roles with Rudy sitting behind them would be our best bet. Rudy looked good today, very assured and handles the defensive side nicely, allowing freedom to Vidal and Coco. I think Rudy could be integral to the midfield/team this season.

Well this has aged well.....
Lou-Diamonds
Getting the hang of it

[2017-08-05] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:44 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Wow no national anthem! Wtf is wrong with this piece of land?
How low...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Dude, it's SuperCup... And please don't refer to my country as a "piece of land"... We're actually THE prime example for overachievers

Kinda like last season: they were the better team (this time not as clearly as last year) but we won... Hope it's not a bad omen...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pelin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:01 am

Zagadou was a big plus for us yesterday. We created quality chances thanks to him. l hope MGT dwells on our main problem, which is that we can't create quality chances. thereby, we can't ignore our lacking for a winger. And l hope Super cup doesn't cause them ignore our main problem, which can harm us during the season. at a good rate.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MiaSanFCB » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:44 am

Ancelotti said a few days ago that he didn't want more players, I highly doubt that he will change his mind after winning the SuperCup.
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby Ed. » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:59 am

Much better game from the team and it was great to see the determination towards the end.
However, I can't help but feel there is going to be a difficult season ahead.

When you take the defence, midfield and attack, all 3 of these seem to be lacking something to make any of them the best in Europe and you need at least one to be at that level to compete for the CL. Yes, it only preseason but I talking about last season as well and there was a window this summer to try and fix that which the club hasn't taken.

With Neuer, the defence has the right personnel to be at that level but isn't. We didn't have Alaba and Boateng here, yes, but seems to me we will never have a watertight defence. Individual or collective mistakes will happen in every game.

Rudy's performance and composure was surprising and extremely impressive. He had to take the penalty for Bayern after KImmich's miss and that is a kick with added pressure on top of the usual. Most players would have taken a slightly easier option and given themselves some margin but Rudy went for the top right hand corner like it was a training kick. Shows a clear head and confidence is his own abilities.

With Thiago, the midfield looks very strong and one of the best but not in the clear to dominate opponents into submission in attack or put up a wall when defending.

I don't think we have the right personnel (wingers, wingbacks, AM, second striker, take your pick) to add to Lewandowksi and Robben to make this a clutch unit going forward, so that's that for the attack.

Good performance but it showed to me we needed to add a winger or atleast an excellent striker coming of the bench like Hernandez .
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches