You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-08-14] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win inside 90 minutes
18%
Borussia Dortmund will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
18%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
64%

Total votes : 11

Re: [2016-08-14] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Thing is you guys can't be proud of that and hate Mourinho at the same time.

We should utterly destroy every opponent and make them lose all hope by the first minute, which is what 2013 Jupp and Pep (mostly) did. We're Bayern Munich.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby prasun77 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:12 pm

Thing is it will take time. For starters its good.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:29 pm

prasun77 wrote:Thing is it will take time. For starters its good.

Yeah, it's expected that we won't be at our best already with a new coach and most players only just starting training. Still, I just couldn't understand what on earth we tried to do in the first half yesterday. It's like there was no tactical plan at all and that worries me.

It was a bit discouraging to see that in our first encounter with our rivals. Obviously we can't pass judgment yet but I hope we play much better vs Werder Bremen.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Thing is you guys can't be proud of that and hate Mourinho at the same time.

We should utterly destroy every opponent and make them lose all hope by the first minute, which is what 2013 Jupp and Pep (mostly) did. We're Bayern Munich.

I speak for myself when I say winning is the only thing I expect from Bayern, obviously creative attacking football is a preference but it doesn't trump watching this team lift up every trophy possible this season.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:00 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Thing is you guys can't be proud of that and hate Mourinho at the same time.

I speak for myself when I say winning is the only thing I expect from Bayern, obviously creative attacking football is a preference but it doesn't trump watching this team lift up every trophy possible this season.

I completely agree, but you can be happy about winning and yet not be proud of how you won. I'm slightly surprised with how we didn't seem to be bothered a lot by the chances we conceded and the fact that we had less possession. I know that the latter is likely to be about the disdain towards our previous controversial coach (which is fair enough by the way), but Bayern Munich shouldn't celebrate having less of the ball in 90 minutes. We're better than anyone else in the world, therefore we should have the ball. The 2013 team played the "direct, non-Pep football" but still had more possession most of the time.

Of course I'm also keeping in mind that this match means close to nothing but we have lots to learn from it.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:03 pm

I don't mind having less possession but the chances allowed were too many. Yesterday I could see why Pep used to say possession is the best way to defend. Maybe it's an exaggeration, but it's been a while since a team had so many chances in one half against us (and us so little).

I am 100% behind Ancelotti doing his own thing whether that means having possession figures around 75% or around 45%, but I definitely want to see a better tactical plan ASAP.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:25 pm

In my opinion Bayern have recently developed into a slow start team. Considering that most of these plays just started training makes it no surprise that the whole team started much slower than usual. But as per usual when this Bayern team can weather the storm and finish chances they always come out on top. I expect Carlo to polish things up before seasons start.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Jorge » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:36 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don't mind having less possession but the chances allowed were too many. Yesterday I could see why Pep used to say possession is the best way to defend. Maybe it's an exaggeration, but it's been a while since a team had so many chances in one half against us (and us so little).

I am 100% behind Ancelotti doing his own thing whether that means having possession figures around 75% or around 45%, but I definitely want to see a better tactical plan ASAP.

I wouldn't mind allowing chances as long as teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona do not trash us scoring each of the only 4 or 5 chances that they create which is mainly possible when possession football with a high defensive line is played.

At the end, all extremes are bad. Pure Possession football is as bad as pure direct football. Ancelotti can certainly mix it well, like Jupp did, he has done it before and he has the players to do it. This game qualifies more like a pre-season game than a competitive game and it is not the way that we are going to play all season long. The team still needs adjustments and some areas that will get patched but in general is refreshing to watch our players with freedom to operate. Happier players will translate into easy-to-watch-free-flowing football and hopefully success which is something that Ancelotti is known for.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:35 pm

Jorge wrote:I wouldn't mind allowing chances as long as teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona do not trash us scoring each of the only 4 or 5 chances that they create which is mainly possible when possession football with a high defensive line is played.

Barcelona had lots of chances before they scored those 3 goals and although I don't remember the Real game well, they scored so early that other chances were irrelevant. That makes it even worse of course, but that is exactly my point and what I want to avoid: we can't concede so many chances. We have an excellent goalkeeper who can be relied on to pull off magnificent saves if our world-class defence (which I hope and am sure will get better under Ancelotti) is beaten a few times per games, but when they are letting through chances over and over then Neuer will eventually be beaten as well.

Moving on from the negative view, I liked how the game turned around after half time and props to Ancelotti for that. Having a coach that can turn things around when things are going horrible is a great asset for the CL.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:29 pm

Does anyone know what Ancelotti changed after the 20 minute mark? He had a short talk with Thiago (and I believe, Alaba)...and we did manage to play a wee bit better after it. I couldn't quite figure out if he had changed anything in the line-up. To me it seemed like he moved Thiago a little more forward, as we had trouble finding good passing options from the back.

The game live in the stadium was AMAZING, by the way. Absolutely great to be amongst the away fans, singing and clapping loudly! Had a few heart attacks in the first half, and shouted WAY too much in those first 45 mins. But I liked our play after about the 60th minute. Especially near the end it seemed like we were pretty successful in forcing Dortmund to pass in the dreaded U-shape around our box.

Funny to see so many Bayern/Dortmund couples in and around the stadium. Or entire families where one member supports the other club...I wonder how games like our UCL final or the Pokal games are experienced in those households :lol:

Can't bloody wait to go again.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:00 pm

Happy that we won, but I think it's just too early to take any conclussions from the match. Both teams were missing important players and many others are slowly recovering their form after the summer break

What I don't get is how someone can be so happy with the team performance and then claim that the goalkeeper was man of the match !!!!
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby JANCKER » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:38 pm

We played the most direct football in years... not the best, but I expect that we'll get better with time...
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby rthebest » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:15 am

Jorge wrote:
I wouldn't mind allowing chances as long as teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona do not trash us scoring each of the only 4 or 5 chances that they create which is mainly possible when possession football with a high defensive line is played.

At the end, all extremes are bad. Pure Possession football is as bad as pure direct football. Ancelotti can certainly mix it well, like Jupp did, he has done it before and he has the players to do it. This game qualifies more like a pre-season game than a competitive game and it is not the way that we are going to play all season long. The team still needs adjustments and some areas that will get patched but in general is refreshing to watch our players with freedom to operate. Happier players will translate into easy-to-watch-free-flowing football and hopefully success which is something that Ancelotti is known for.

I hope he start mixing it. Again giving up possession is not bad 1 - as long as you you drop too deep that Bayern did in the first half specially 2- don't make it a habit and don't give up too much possession.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby rthebest » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:20 am

Jorge wrote:The team still needs adjustments and some areas that will get patched but in general is refreshing to watch our players with freedom to operate. Happier players will translate into easy-to-watch-free-flowing football and hopefully success which is something that Ancelotti is known for.

One player feels too much freedom to punch, slap every other opposition player. :)
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:41 am

BayernForum.com MOTM was Manuel Neuer with an average Voopl vote of 9.25.
2nd place Martinez (8.88)
3rd place Vidal (8.38)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Other Matches