You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-07-27] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win the cup
6%
Bayern Munich will win the cup
94%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2013-07-27] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby Borusse » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Until your face goes like this:

Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AdepT » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:35 pm

Does no soul here know that Jan Kirchhoff can play as a CDM too? :|
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Well, Kirchhoff was not trusted as a CB, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't to be trusted as a CDM either ;)

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that this guy is not up to our level. Waiting for him to prove me wrong....
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby lau03143 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:23 pm

MoFattal wrote:Well, Kirchhoff was not trusted as a CB, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't to be trusted as a CDM either ;)

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that this guy is not up to our level. Waiting for him to prove me wrong....

The fact we're being heavily linked with Luiz says to me that he won't be here for long.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:53 pm

lau03143 wrote:
MoFattal wrote:Well, Kirchhoff was not trusted as a CB, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't to be trusted as a CDM either ;)

The fact we're being heavily linked with Luiz says to me that he won't be here for long.

Im sure "thesun" is a great source to reach such a conclusion :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCB general » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:04 pm

MUTU wrote:My point is that we did have a pure CDM, so it's no excuse. If Pep decided to play Thiago in CDM it's because he thought Thiago would do a better job there than Can. But Can is our player, under professional contract, and the fact that he didn't even play when Martinez, Gustavo and Schweinsteiger were out speaks a lot about Pep's intentions with him this season.

Still, he's our player, and we shouldn't be looking for such excuses.

I told here 2 days ago - No excuses from this season!

In case that we are missing 10 players, we still have 11+4 and 3 from youth to put on the bench. We bought 2 players which we didn't have to sign, but we did. Who cares anyway...

There's no hating or something similar. Expectations are on top level, that's what we have said before a start of our pre-season matches. We lost one title, 2 to go in 2013 and they are MUST HAVE.

I repeat, no excuses. We don't have Klinsmann, neither we have van Gaal thin roster from 2010/11 nor 12 new players since this summer, etc.

Continue where we stopped last season, with dominating football and very good results.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCB general » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:06 pm

AdepT wrote:Does no soul here know that Jan Kirchhoff can play as a CDM too? :|

No, he can't play. He is a CB. In zweite liga, perhaps. But not in BuLi. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm asking it for the last time because there are a lot of critics but nobody cares to answer

Do you really think that Heynckes could have defeated this Dortmund side in Signal Iduna Park without Neuer, Dante, Martinez, Schweini, Luiz Gustavo and Ribery? Keep in mind that until Martinez arrived here we were mostly getting our ass whipped by Jürgen Klopp in every game.

Yes, we got a narrow win against Dortmund last year in the Supercup but it was in Allianz Arena and we were the ones with the big motivation back then
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:36 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm asking it for the last time because there are a lot of critics but nobody cares to answer

Do you really think that Heynckes could have defeated this Dortmund side in Signal Iduna Park without Neuer, Dante, Martinez, Schweini, Luiz Gustavo and Ribery? Keep in mind that until Martinez arrived here we were mostly getting our ass whipped by Jürgen Klopp in every game.

Yes, we got a narrow win against Dortmund last year in the Supercup but it was in Allianz Arena and we were the ones with the big motivation back then

I feel like the arguing ended 2 pages ago and now people are just over doing the explanations :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby SilverX » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:12 am

Here is my take to this whole game.

I wanted to sit on here and defend pep, give him the benefit of the doubt that he is new, he has a new squad, blah blah blah.

After thinking about it, and sitting on it for a couple of days, I came up with a conclusion, to my self at least.

I think pep inherited the best team in the world at the time. A team that broke all records last season. A team that could not be scored on this easy just 2 months ago......... There is absolutley no reason he needed to change the team this drastically. His bullsh!t 4-1-4-1 is utter rubbish... His signing from barcelona, Thiago, is utter garbage in the super cup game (have not seen the others, so i cannot comment. Albeit they were against opposition where we were clear winners) If you followed the game and Thiago in particular, you could have seen him not tracking back and jogging to get back in front of our defenders. Last year, out midfielders were constantly in front of our defenders, and they were the first line of defense and our defenders were the last line. This game nothing......our defenders were just picked apart because they didn't have a strong presence in front of them to rule the midfield.

Second thing is that there is absolutley no excuse to test out an unproved formation against our biggest rivals. THERE IS ZERO TOLERANCE FROM ME for taking dortmund lightly and not put up a proven formula for the past year...........up against them.

I don't care if he thinks this cup is stupid, or he congratulates dortmund a thousand times and says they deserved to win in the post match interviews. Playing against Dortmund that caused us so much grief in the past and saying the he was satisfied with the performance of the players even tho we lost is utter bullSh1t.

Lose against hamburg, Leverkusen, Frankfurt, I don't care. BUT YOU DO NOT LOSE this easily against our MAIN RIVALS. NO EXCUSES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:42 am

SilverX wrote:Here is my take to this whole game.

I wanted to sit on here and defend pep, give him the benefit of the doubt that he is new, he has a new squad, blah blah blah.

After thinking about it, and sitting on it for a couple of days, I came up with a conclusion, to my self at least.

I think pep inherited the best team in the world at the time. A team that broke all records last season. A team that could not be scored on this easy just 2 months ago......... There is absolutley no reason he needed to change the team this drastically. His bullsh!t 4-1-4-1 is utter rubbish... His signing from barcelona, Thiago, is utter garbage in the super cup game (have not seen the others, so i cannot comment. Albeit they were against opposition where we were clear winners) If you followed the game and Thiago in particular, you could have seen him not tracking back and jogging to get back in front of our defenders. Last year, out midfielders were constantly in front of our defenders, and they were the first line of defense and our defenders were the last line. This game nothing......our defenders were just picked apart because they didn't have a strong presence in front of them to rule the midfield.

Second thing is that there is absolutley no excuse to test out an unproved formation against our biggest rivals. THERE IS ZERO TOLERANCE FROM ME for taking dortmund lightly and not put up a proven formula for the past year...........up against them.

I don't care if he thinks this cup is stupid, or he congratulates dortmund a thousand times and says they deserved to win in the post match interviews. Playing against Dortmund that caused us so much grief in the past and saying the he was satisfied with the performance of the players even tho we lost is utter bullSh1t.

Lose against hamburg, Leverkusen, Frankfurt, I don't care. BUT YOU DO NOT LOSE this easily against our MAIN RIVALS. NO EXCUSES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So do you think Jupp could beat BvB if Martinez, Schwein, and Gustavo are both unfit?

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby kod2600 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:34 am

There's a difference between "excuses" and "not judging"
I'm not trying to find excuses, I just think it's way too early to judge and also giving the circumstances we faced that day.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby AdepT » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:37 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm asking it for the last time because there are a lot of critics but nobody cares to answer

Duh! Yes! (It's true until it is unproven)

First thing we are not comparing Pep and Jupp. But since you're insisting on an answer how Jupp would have tackled this, I guess we can say we'd never know. But he did draw his last game at Signal Iduna Park when Lahm, Robben, Schweini, Ribery and Mandzukic were rested. Plus Martinez remained on bench for 90mins and Mueller for 76mins. And we played with 10 men for half an hour.

But that has nothing to do here. Everyone expected Pep to do something about Thiago during the game seeing how ineffective he was but he didn't. And we have no idea why.

I guess we all should leave this discussion here and focus on the next match. He surely shouldn't repeat his mistake and I guess he surely won't. :)
Last edited by AdepT on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Borusse » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:24 am

When Barcelona lost a game Guardiola never seemed to change anything in defence. His answer was always "we need to keep more possesion next time so they can't attack us". I dont think he will change his defence plan if you ask me, he will just try to make Bayern dominate more so we dont have so many chances for a counter-attack. Thats how I see it.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby tflags » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:27 am

You can't expect to draw conclusions from that defense now would you? And I rather have that unlucky first half vs Dortmund than the one we had on the CL final.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches