You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-07-27] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win the cup
6%
Bayern Munich will win the cup
94%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2013-07-27] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:52 pm

Enough with the heated argument and let's just recall the outstanding Lahm deliveries, specifically the first one :dante:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby machkover » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Why are people saying Bayern missed Ribery? Offensively Bayern always looked dangerous it was just on the defensive side of the ball that Bayern were lacking something. Of course Ribery would have made Bayern better but i dont think Bayern truly missed his presence.Ithink the main problem was that Bayern's forwards were interchanging and Mandzu was on the LW for extended periods of time which pretty much shut down that wing temporarily since he is not that versatile.....

that's your topic sentence ! "better" means too moch !
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Noahfcb2 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Why are people saying Bayern missed Ribery? Offensively Bayern always looked dangerous it was just on the defensive side of the ball that Bayern were lacking something. Of course Ribery would have made Bayern better but i dont think Bayern truly missed his presence.Ithink the main problem was that Bayern's forwards were interchanging and Mandzu was on the LW for extended periods of time which pretty much shut down that wing temporarily since he is not that versatile.....

I think the main problem everyone can see is that Thiago by himself in midfield is not good defensively for us. Ribery would have helped, but definitely the missing players in central midfield and defence were what caused us problems.
Noahfcb2
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:13 pm

I agree with firefox on this one. Not trying to exaggerate, but the chances we "Wasted" without Ribery shows that we're not a team that can't attack without him, little tweaks and we can rotate Rib with Shakira in many games. :)
Just fix the CDM and defense thing and we will wait and see what happens.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Borusse » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:32 pm

I think your defensive display is not only about putting Martinez as CDM, that will not fix the problem. Your wingers dont comeback to defend, instead they stay up front and wait for counterattacks. You play a very risky defensive game because in many areas you cover 1on1, Alaba and Lahm didnt get enough support from Robben and Shaqiri yesterday. At least thats how I see it.

Guardiola's Barcelona won so many titles because they were so great at holding on to the ball, they were never masters of defending. They just always managed to keep the opposition away from their goal and very quickly take the ball back after losing it. And of course they never faced this awesome Dortmund side. :D
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:40 pm

That is why Pep has to turn his back to the 4-1-4-1 fiasco, which wasn't tested to the limit , that is why many here were not against it.
Our defense was ripped off - So vs top teams such as BVB in the BULI and RM, MU, Barca, Juve, Milan, and chelsea in hte UCL we have to have a good cover.
4-2-3-1 : Martinez - Schweisteiger with Ribery Thiago Gotze behind Muller. With Kroos Shaqiri Robben & Mandzu on the waiting list...
P.S Kirchoff should be the one ready to replace on from Dante or Boa if needs be and not DvB
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Allez Justine » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:56 pm

MoFattal wrote:Enough with the heated argument and let's just recall the outstanding Lahm deliveries, specifically the first one :dante:

Oh Lahm was the bright sunshine out there last night, but what to do DVB just stole the limelight the wrong way off course
Allez Justine
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Somaliland

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:57 pm

We're not used to lose matches lately, are we? :) . Talking seriously, losing always hurt, but Pep has to learn from this. We all know Chelsea's match is some kind of revenge and we HAVE TO win it.
I think if we adjust our defense (our CBs and defensive midfielder please that is not for Thiago!!) we are ready to challenge for every title again.
Shaquiri is great but he's no Ribery, not yet. We missed Dante and Neuer too. BTW what was that Dante substitution? #-o
Congrats to Borusse and BVB :wink:
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Our defensive game isn't lacking to due players not tracking back - it's lacking because our press isn't organized enough. We didn't swarm Dortmund once we lost the ball, we just half-heartedly had a guy or two running after them. Pressing game improves with time and fitness, as the team understands each other better and has the physical condition to exploit it.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:04 pm

To those Jupp lovers / Guardiola haters

Do you really think that Jupp could have beaten this Dortmund side without Schweini, Ribery, Neuer, Dante, Javi Martinez, and Luiz Gustavo @ Signal Iduna Park? If so then tell me what would have been his lineup for this game :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Borusse » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:29 pm

quaazi wrote:Our defensive game isn't lacking to due players not tracking back - it's lacking because our press isn't organized enough. We didn't swarm Dortmund once we lost the ball, we just half-heartedly had a guy or two running after them. Pressing game improves with time and fitness, as the team understands each other better and has the physical condition to exploit it.

I must say Dortmund's pressing also wasnt at its best. Bayern managed to pass their way out of Dortmund's pressing many times and that was sometimes very annoying becauce I knew it requires a lot of effort from the players.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:56 pm

True enough, Dortmund did stand off a lot more than we've gotten used to.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:39 pm

BTW don't you guys think that this should always be played on a neutral venue? Like that Supercup game in Augsburg against Schalke 3 years ago
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby lau03143 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:48 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:BTW don't you guys think that this should always be played on a neutral venue? Like that Supercup game in Augsburg against Schalke 3 years ago

Yep.

But we did play the game last year at the Allianz.

I think it should get played at the Olympiastadion in Berlin.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:02 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:BTW don't you guys think that this should always be played on a neutral venue? Like that Supercup game in Augsburg against Schalke 3 years ago

eh, considering the way this game is usually set up (runner-up/pokal winner v league winner), I think playing at the "weaker" team is a good way to level things out, at least on a dramatic level.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches