You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-07-27] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win the cup
6%
Bayern Munich will win the cup
94%

Total votes : 32

Re: [2013-07-27] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby AdepT » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:04 am

spotman wrote:The comments I have been reading are utterly pathetic. You guys must be glory hunters that have been following Bayern for like 3 years max.

We lost a pre-season "cup" called the DFL Supercup - GET OVER IT. It was our first "competitive" match of the season - and Pep's first competitive match as a Bayern coach. Don't read too much into the loss.

The same people here complaining and whining will be the same people saying "AHHHH FC BAYERN! WE'RE THE BEST" when we start slaughtering teams. Take the WE'RE out though - cus most of you guys aren't real FC Bayern fans.

You judge too early my friend.

I certainly know that Pep is a winner and so are we. And I completely understand as Xabi said that Schweini/Martinez are still missing.
The only mistake Pep made yesterday was not to sub out Thiago or may be move him upfront early. He was awful from the get go. He surely has the potential but was a misfit on the field yesterday. I was expecting Pep to tweak something there. But the change came too late and I guess I was left annoyed. There's something called constructive criticism and if you can't see the reason I'm saying this then I hope we can agree to disagree.

And like I've mentioned in my earlier comment I'm not gonna dwell much into this result because we were still missing important players.
Much like everyone else here, I keep faith in my team/coach/board.

PS : I hope people realize that if a fan like me or someone else who criticizes the way our team or coach operated in a particular match (not considering the importance of such a match), doesn't make one a 'fake' fan. Everyone knows it's not possible to win all games or all trophies.
But maybe an ignored decision that could have made us better yesterday does rile me up. And as I fan I hold the right to complain as much as I have the right to celebrate. It was already a bad performance, and now a fellow fan comes saying you're not a real fan. As if I wasn't already in bad mood yesterday. #-o
Tell me this, shouldn't only celebrating the trophies and making no criticisms, make you a fake fan?
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:13 am

spotman wrote:The comments I have been reading are utterly pathetic. You guys must be glory hunters that have been following Bayern for like 3 years max.

We lost a pre-season "cup" called the DFL Supercup - GET OVER IT. It was our first "competitive" match of the season - and Pep's first competitive match as a Bayern coach. Don't read too much into the loss.

The same people here complaining and whining will be the same people saying "AHHHH FC BAYERN! WE'RE THE BEST" when we start slaughtering teams. Take the WE'RE out though - cus most of you guys aren't real FC Bayern fans.

I feel like your a little to harsh, i havent read anything close to what your remarks are portraying. I think most people on this forum have voiced fair and just opinions not random hate words just to vent out frustration. As fans we all want to see out favorite team play their best especially when your playing your rivals you can easily forget its a friendly. Most people are just angry that steps were not taken to avoid such a loss since we all know what this team is capable of. It sucks to see your team lose no matter what type of game imo but your right losing this game is not the end of the world.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Tedesco » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:28 am

I hope this was like the loss Arsenal game from last year.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:39 am

There are some moments that you feel bad to be right about some things.

After the friendly vs Barca I told to a friend of mine who was watching the game with me that we were giving too much space before our back line. I also told him that a clever coach/team like Dortmund will notice our weak (in defence) DM and will tear us apart as it happened.

I dont believe that against strong and fast teams we can cope with only one DM, especially if the DM player is not a natural defensive one. Against weak teams would be OK, but not against teams who has players like Reus for example.

I really hope that Pep (as we) learned something yesterday mind our defence more and IMO give Martinez or Gustavo the DM role.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:53 am

AvatarX wrote:There are some moments that you feel bad to be right about some things.

After the friendly vs Barca I told to a friend of mine who was watching the game with me that we were giving too much space before our back line. I also told him that a clever coach/team like Dortmund will notice our weak (in defence) DM and will tear us apart as it happened.

I dont believe that against strong and fast teams we can cope with only one DM, especially if the DM player is not a natural defensive one. Against weak teams would be OK, but not against teams who has players like Reus for example.

I really hope that Pep (as we) learned something yesterday mind our defence more and IMO give Martinez or Gustavo the DM role.

To me it was obvious when i watched the friendly vs Hansa Rostock how risky it is to play without a DM. But at that time i was hoping by the time Bayern play Barca then BvB Martinez or Gustavo would be fully fit but sadly i guess that was not the case. Im not going to start judging this new system till Pep has a fully fit squad to implement his vision.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:50 am

Subbing Thiago? And who do you bring on the field? Gustavo and Martinez are recovering his form after the Confederations Cup and it looked quite clear in his 15 minutes on the pitch that Schweini is also wayyyyy out of form so we didn't have any other chance

It's suicidal playing without a real CDM against Dortmund but WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY CDM fit for this match ! :evil: I have the feeling that many people here is forgetting about Confederations Cup. Look at how poor loked Dante against Barça a few days ago. Those players clearly lack fitness and aren't ready to play this kind of competitive game yet. It was July 27th but it looked like the CL final in May :shock:

johndear wrote:playing high intensity away game after 2 days of rest is brutal .... but Keeping DvB after the goal was not the good way for the team's confident.

Contendo was sub-out by making a mistake in friendly game. Dante should have come in for DvB before third goal.

:shock:

I'm totally against playing DvB against big teams even though I really respect the guy... but this is just stupid. So if DvB makes a mistake you take him out of the field !!! And what about Starke?? He also made a mistake... so lets bring Lukas Raeder on too. Hey, Shaqiri also missed a very good chance.... let's replace him, he sucks !!
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:59 am

Kirchhoff COUGH SHULD COUGH HAV STARTED COUGH COUGH FOR DVB COUGH.

Sorry, bad cold.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:05 am

Yes, I would have preferred him to start instead DvB. But that doesn't make any difference at all because

1- We haven't seen him enough in this team to juzge if he could have been great against this Dortmund team
2- Thiago would have still played the lone CDM role.
3- Starke would have played as GK too
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Borusse » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:40 am

Just two things. First of all, someone said 10 players that played in the CL final played in the Supercup. Thats true BUT we didnt have Gotze then. The truth is we were missing two important players, Piszczek and Mkhitaryan, our biggest signing in history of the club, so thats says something. You could see Grosskreutz having troubles on the flank, he let Alaba dribble past him couple of times plus he didnt cover Robben for his header goal. And Mkhitaryan - although Gundogan did a great job replacing him, notice that Sahin was completely invisible and that caused us troubles in the build-up play! If Gundogan were to play on his normal position and Miki on "10" we would be a lot more dangerous in attack. :wink:

Second thing, why people are so sure there was offside in the fourth goal? Aubameyang and Reus were closest to goal so the ball is the indicator of offside in this situation. It still might have been off but it was a really, really close situation, very hard to spot. Besides Lewandowski scored in the first half, it was called offside but Im not so sure it was a right call from the linesman. :wink:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Borusse wrote:Second thing, why people are so sure there was offside in the fourth goal? Aubameyang and Reus were closest to goal so the ball is the indicator of offside in this situation. It still might have been off but it was a really, really close situation, very hard to spot.

It was a close call but I think from the replay it's obvious it was offside.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Borusse wrote:Just two things. First of all, someone said 10 players that played in the CL final played in the Supercup. Thats true BUT we didnt have Gotze then. The truth is we were missing two important players, Piszczek and Mkhitaryan, our biggest signing in history of the club, so thats says something. You could see Grosskreutz having troubles on the flank, he let Alaba dribble past him couple of times plus he didnt cover Robben for his header goal. And Mkhitaryan - although Gundogan did a great job replacing him, notice that Sahin was completely invisible and that caused us troubles in the build-up play! If Gundogan were to play on his normal position and Miki on "10" we would be a lot more dangerous in attack. :wink:

Second thing, why people are so sure there was offside in the fourth goal? Aubameyang and Reus were closest to goal so the ball is the indicator of offside in this situation. It still might have been off but it was a really, really close situation, very hard to spot. Besides Lewandowski scored in the first half, it was called offside but Im not so sure it was a right call from the linesman. :wink:

Ball went forward, and Lewandowski's knee was clearly ahead.

Hence, offside.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:43 pm

I think now may be a good time to point out that Lewandowski tactically fouled Boateng ahead of the own goal and that Reus was offside for the fourth. Let's not forget Starke's botched clearance and safe for the first goal. Also, let's not forget that Starke saved our asses several times, particularly against Aubameyang and Lewandowski. This is one of the games where everything went wrong, unfortunately. I think that the biggest lesson is that the 4-1-4-1 requires one of Martinez or Gustavo, and that it exposes the team to counters anyway.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Allez Justine » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:49 pm

lau03143 wrote:
Allez Justine wrote:That DVB Goal killed our momentum, I believe we could have pulled a win if that old Turtle didn't ruin everything. When will this board wake up and realize we need a decent young Central Defender... Oh Badi how I miss you!! And By the way that DVB goal was not a reflection it was precise header worthy of a striker...I guess with Nuer gone he thought Stark was the BVB's goalkeeper

Boateng, Badstuber, Dante and Kirchof.

That is the defense I want, why do keep renewing DVB's contract, even in my Football manger game the board was upset with me when I got rid of him.. Even the people who made the game know our board so well :P
Allez Justine
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Somaliland

Postby FCB general » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:52 pm

How van Gaal met Klopp.

How Jupp met Klopp.

How Mourinho met Klopp.

And how Guardiola met Klopp.

Only Jupp illed Bayern in last season, but only problem to our dominance were goals and Roman Weidenfeller(with exception on Wembley). Rest of the guys failed like a little boys against herr Klopp. 8)

Let's see how Guardiola will pass near Klopp. :wink:

Great offical debut from Guardiola. Our defense were like an amateurs.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Allez Justine » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:54 pm

tflags wrote:Kirchhoff COUGH SHULD COUGH HAV STARTED COUGH COUGH FOR DVB COUGH.

Sorry, bad cold.

=D> =D> My thoughts exactly, at least Krichoff is new he would have battled to prove himself.. DVB is not good Even for a backup.. When Badi comes back (hopefully [-o< ) every thing will be OK, but until then I will shake like a leaf when ever I see DVB's name in our starting eleven
Allez Justine
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Somaliland

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches