You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-02] Bayern Munich vs Germany (Kahn's farewell)

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

[2008-09-02] Bayern Munich vs Germany (Kahn's farewell)

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:24 pm

Next Tuesday is Kahn's farewell match. All good things come to an end. I will never forget his magic, especially in the 2000/2001 CL campaign and the 2002 World Cup.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:59 pm

A sad day for all Bayern fans as our legend is leaving the pitch .
I wish him all the best in his further life and I would be really
pleased if he would continue working at this club , maybe our new
manger after Hoeness retires .?!

DANKE OLLI :(
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ballackfcb » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:33 pm

Can anyone tell me if Ballack will play in this game on Tuesday because Ballack plays this Saturday or Sunday.

Vielen Dank!
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MrLinky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:31 pm

ballackfcb wrote:Can anyone tell me if Ballack will play in this game on Tuesday because Ballack plays this Saturday or Sunday.

Vielen Dank!

He's injured and is gonna be out of the pitch for 2 weeks , so he's gonna
be absent in Kahn's match and the 2 matches Germany will play against
Liechtenstein and Finland as well .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby ballackfcb » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:27 pm

Thank you Mr linky, I read somewhere that he will be at the game watching probably from the stands because he is good friends with oli kahn.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MrLinky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:50 pm

ballackfcb wrote:Thank you Mr linky, I read somewhere that he will be at the game watching probably from the stands because he is good friends with oli kahn.

Yea , I mean they played together in a very successful team for a couple of years , so he'll be at the Allianz-Arena but not on the pitch .
He's still struggling with the injury he sustained back in the game Chelsea
played against Portsmouth .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Re: [2008-09-02] Bayern Munich vs Germany (Kahn's farewell)

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:57 pm

Thank you Olli for all you have done for Bayern and Germany. No true Bayern fan will ever forget you.

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:52 pm

BERLIN (AFP) — Former Bayern Munich and Germany goalkeeper Oliver Kahn insisted Monday he was not missing the game after hanging up his gloves following 20 years as a professional.

"There aren't many things I miss. They say you can fall into a hole after (playing) such a long time but I've not felt anything like that," Kahn told the website of the German Football Federation (DFB).

"Matches, training, competition and all of that - I don't need that any more. What I do miss is just the team, the business of being together," said Kahn, whose temperamental approach led to his being nicknamed "Vul-Kahn."

Kahn, 39, made 557 appearances in the Bundesliga for Dortmund and Bayern and will Tuesday bid farewell in a testimonial at Bayern's Allianz-Arena when the Bavarians will take on a German select XI.

Kahn added he did not consider himself to be headed for retirement as such.

"I have spent the first half of my life playing football and I still want to do loads of things in the second half," said Kahn, who will begin working as a TV consultant on September 10, when Germany meet Finland in a World Cup qualifier.

He furthermore has business interests in Asia, where he won renown during the 2002 World Cup, helping Germany reach the final where they lost to Brazil.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re:

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:30 pm

MrLinky wrote:A sad day for all Bayern fans as our legend is leaving the pitch .

Kahn as our manager would be amazing, we all know what how capable he is of controlling a team, even if he cant control his temper. *lol* Anyway, I've been thinking for a while that it might be time for Hoeness to retire.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Re:

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:34 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MrLinky wrote:A sad day for all Bayern fans as our legend is leaving the pitch .

Kahn as our manager would be amazing, we all know what how capable he is of controlling a team, even if he cant control his temper. *lol* Anyway, I've been thinking for a while that it might be time for Hoeness to retire.

I just pictured Kahn as our coach, on the touchline screaming his guts out at the players :lol:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:36 pm

MUTU wrote:I just pictured Kahn as our coach, on the touchline screaming his guts out at the players :lol:

Oh yeah, that would be the sort of thing Kahn would do. He'd be a terrible coach, but a good manager, or so I think.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Rumour has it that Kahn has been practising penalty-taking. He's hoping he can score a goal :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:23 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:I just pictured Kahn as our coach, on the touchline screaming his guts out at the players :lol:

Oh yeah, that would be the sort of thing Kahn would do. He'd be a terrible coach, but a good manager, or so I think.

A great idea would be to get Scholl and Kahn to do the managerial job together , Kahn being the finance manager and Scholl
the team manager who takes care of everything within the squad , the kind of job that Breitner and Nerlinger are doing right now .
That would be a dream team , that would guarantee us a lot of successful years .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Jorge » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:43 pm

Funny Kahn! When he was asked about his emotions prior to this match he told the TV reporter: "Well, I am not sure I going to be fielded yet" (in reference to Klinsmann being now Bayern's coach)

Starting line-ups:

Germany: Wiese, Jansen, Tasci, Metz, Fritz; Marin, Schweinsteiger, Rolfes, Trochowski; Gomez, Helmes
Bayern: Kahn, Lahm, Lell, Breno, Oddo; Ze, Boro, Bommel, Sosa; Toni, Poldi
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:47 pm

MrLinky wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

A great idea would be to get Scholl and Kahn to do the managerial job together , Kahn being the finance manager and Scholl
the team manager who takes care of everything within the squad , the kind of job that Breitner and Nerlinger are doing right now .
That would be a dream team , that would guarantee us a lot of successful years .

We also can retire Van Bommels and hire him as a hit man to intimidate other players off the pitch. :wink:
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Next

Return to Other Matches