You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-08-30] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will be the first German team to win this trophy
97%
Chelsea F.C. will beat Bayern once again
3%

Total votes : 39

Re: [2013-08-30] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

Postby smaw2010 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:33 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... ID=HP_HN_1

Mourinho moaning about the red card, when actually the ref favoured their team. WTF?? He is butthurt.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:37 am

envagyokazapad wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Cons:Today the defense was very very poor! :evil: [-X The worst part is Pep's system is not at fault, many players were positioned badly especially in Hazard's goal when no one stepped up. No one was marking Torres when he scored and several other blunders. Someone has to tell me what Dante is smoking because he is not even half the player he was a year ago. I guess it would be harsh to blame him for the slip but that was only one out of several times this season he has almost cost Bayern a win, and the worst part is we are only 5 or 6 games in to the season!

I really don't understand, how you could blame the players for this. We have no defensive midfield...you can't expect our defenders to pull the same performances as they did last year. It's THE SYSTEM, and not the players. We had Europe's best defense last year, and suddenly no one seems to be good enough? :roll: Even Lahm looked really vulnerable...

For the first goal you could blame either Rafinha, Boateng, Alaba or even Dante. But hey, Kroos, Lahm and Müller were nowhere to be found either. Both times Chelsea countered Dante and Boateng both stepped up to the midfield to intercept, that's why Boateng was not anywhere near Torres when they scored. Like I said, they did that both times, so that can't just be a mistake on the player's behalf...

2nd goal was mostly Boateng's fault, with partially Lahm to blame, but you can't NOT see the kind of work he and Dante need to do in this system. Over all I think under these circumstances both of our CBs are doing OK...we need a defensive midfield, period.

Great post
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:39 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:49 am

Last night was one of those games that football is all about. We toiled and missed chances and got fouled and missed some more chances. Javi Martinez proved how important he is as a DM last night, despite being played through injury. I was one more missed chance away from having a nervous breakdown, but Javi spared that. Two things are certain: 1. The demons of 2012 have been fully exorcised and 2. The team has the mental toughness that we had previously complained et were lacking.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby lau03143 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:50 am

AssemFCB wrote:Last night was one of those games that football is all about. We toiled and missed chances and got fouled and missed some more chances. Javi Martinez proved how important he is as a DM last night, despite being played through injury. I was one more missed chance away from having a nervous breakdown, but Javi spared that. Two things are certain: 1. The demons of 2012 have been fully exorcised and 2. The team has the mental toughness that we had previously complained et were lacking.

I think it was a fantastic game. I think it's probably the first time both teams had taken the game really seriously. Hopefully teams will go the future since it should be an epic game between two of the best teams in Europe.
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby smaw2010 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:21 am

I also found one logic problem about the claims of Chelsea fans. They think Bayern 'are not the team last year anymore and are a lot weaker' and Chelsea have a young team that will be dominating the league in the season, they are still adjusting. Chelsea have lost Drogba, Bayern still have the vital part of the team that won last year (except Gomez), why is that 'Bayern are weaker and Chelsea will be dominating the league?' I personally think it is not that Bayern are weaker, but they have not adapted to the new system yet. Sometimes, I sometimes just can't understand how people think
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:28 am

Another top performance from Mandzukic last night. He was a beast. I don't recall David Luiz having such a hard time as he did last night. Mandzukic held the ball greatly, pressured as hell, drew a lot of fouls, and was really unfortunate not to score a header. Most importantly, his crosses were outstanding. Damn, if you watch the game again, you can see that he would have assisted at least 3 goals from pinpoint crosses if it were for better finishing from our guys.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby lau03143 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:28 am

smaw2010 wrote:I also found one logic problem about the claims of Chelsea fans. They think Bayern 'are not the team last year anymore and are a lot weaker' and Chelsea have a young team that will be dominating the league in the season, they are still adjusting. Chelsea have lost Drogba, Bayern still have the vital part of the team that won last year (except Gomez), why is that 'Bayern are weaker and Chelsea will be dominating the league?' I personally think it is not that Bayern are weaker, but they have not adapted to the new system yet. Sometimes, I sometimes just can't understand how people think

Chelsea fans have an arrogance about them that stems from the top of the club down to fans.

They are a horrible bunch of supporters.
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:55 am

lau03143 wrote:I think it was a fantastic game. I think it's probably the first time both teams had taken the game really seriously. Hopefully teams will go the future since it should be an epic game between two of the best teams in Europe.

The reason is that the game was played between the last two Champions League winners, it was a repeat of a very recent final, there were two high-profile coaches and Chelsea are certainly not Europa League level. Usually there is a difference in quality between the two competitors.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:04 pm

rthebest wrote:José Mourinho: "In my opinion, the better team lost"

Wow, I didn't hear that. He was right on the spot with that comment.

But why was he going back to that game in Munich 2012?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby runaway » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:56 pm

lau03143 wrote:Chelsea fans have an arrogance about them that stems from the top of the club down to fans.

:lol:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby SouthernStar » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:53 pm

runaway wrote:
lau03143 wrote:Chelsea fans have an arrogance about them that stems from the top of the club down to fans.

:lol:

I have met some nice Chelsea fans, but the ones that were in the bar with me this morning were just the worst example of what football fans can be.

I lost count at the amount of abuse hurled at our team and our players, they even took a swipe at the ref and called him "bloody nazi conspirators". I mean just how bloody degraded can you be. I can't say how satisfied I was when Javi scored. Not just because it was on the brink of death but because it just pretty much slapped them in the face right after they started singing "We know what we are, champions of Europe. We are getting a trophy". When it was time for the PK, they started dissing Basti and took a ditch at people who are wearing Schweini's jersey (including me). And when they lost they started saying "well it's just a friendly". Sore losers. Chucked a glass at us when we were leaving too.

If there's one club I would not stand us losing, it's Chelsea. It wasn't just about what Chelsea as the club represents, if today's bunch are an indication of what Chelsea fans normally are, I would say they should all be locked in Stamford Bridge and never stepped out. Shame that Cech and Lampard play for this team, and that their long-time fans (those that supported them way before Abramovich) are a small minority.

The best part of this game is the way we won it; an exact deja-vu of last year, but in reverse. Poetic justice, like a script in a movie.

Our defensive players were really not up to par, Hazard's goal should have been prevented. Torres' goal showed us the glimpse of his brilliance Liverpool days (quite unpreventable it seems). Personally, I think they weren't in "park the bus" mode of last year, I got to admit they played well, Mourinho's tactic was good and Cech is brilliant as always. We still have a lot of work needed to even achieving close to our level last season, this was a game that could have really gone either way. However, our never-say-die attitude is what won the game and when it was time for the PK, I'm so glad that our players (even those who don't normally take like Lahm, and heck... Kroos TOOK IT THIS TIME) showed so much mental fortitude (especially after the recent strings of misses). =D> I hope this will continue for the rest of the season [-o<

And I hope this game shows Pep how brilliant Martinez is and that he deserves to be starting. Hell, I'm pretty sure he can start as the DM in the 4-1-4-1 and even push Schweini up (like what Jupp did last season). This may not be the brilliant game that we were playing last season but the win is a massive boost psychologically and would serve as major motivation for the players and Pep.

And the way our players took it to the pitch and showed those pathetic Chelsea fans (and Mourinho) to shut their yapper, idiotic mouths today was as much satisfying as the way we won it.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby runaway » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:03 pm

We shouldn't be surprised they're sore losers. Their 'Special One' is a sore loser. :wink:

I don't even get why a lot of these Chelsea fans act so high and mighty. Sure they have won trophies but compared to the history and achievements of other EPL teams, they're not that awesome yet. Maybe their Russian sugar daddy bought them some balls.
Last edited by runaway on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby smaw2010 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:02 pm

runaway wrote: Maybe their Russian sugar daddy bought them some balls.

This is so true. They are linked with big signings every month. But as they showed, nothing works better than producing your own players. I hope they continue to suck
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MarttiH » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:07 pm

Mourinho's post game comments are always a big joke. Come on, you lost 3:2 and you should be really happy that your team scored two goals although parking a bus almost whole game.
But actually I'm a little bit worried. I understand that all our DM's are injured but still, Bayern had the possession all the time and made million passes, but there weren't too much real scoring chances. Although we kept the ball, Chelsea had more scoring chances. Chelsea against Barcelona in 2012 CL semi finals came into my mind. But we won and this is the most important! Congratulations!
MarttiH
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Other Matches