You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern come to rescue of cash-strapped minnows

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Bayern come to rescue of cash-strapped minnows

Postby MaCk0y » Mon May 05, 2008 6:53 pm

BERLIN (AFP) - Newly-crowned German champions Bayern Munich have pledged to play a friendly against cash-strapped former Bundesliga side Darmstadt 98 in a bid to ward off bankruptcy.

Bayern, crowned German champions on Sunday, will play the friendly at the club's ground in Hesse, central Germany, on Tuesday May 13 to help raise money for the struggling fifth division club.

Fellow Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen have also agreed to play a game to help out "The Lillies", who spent two years in the Bundesliga in the late 70s and early 80s before plummeting down the leagues.

"This support and show of solidarity demonstrates that The Lillies have a name in German football," said club president Hans Kessler.

Nice! :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MunchenFC » Thu May 08, 2008 11:43 pm

wow its nice of Bayern and bayer to do that
you never like to see a german club go bankrubt
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Other Matches