You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013 FIFA Club World Cup

FC Bayern youth teams, Premiere LigaPokal and other miscellaneous matches.

Re: 2013 FIFA Club World Cup

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:02 am

AdepT wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:IMO Fifa should consider a proper World Cup for Clubs (which however might kill the 'world cup')
Following this criteria. Uefa: last 8 in the UCL
South America - last 8 coppa libertadores
Africa Asia & C.America last 4
and to from the Oceania. That is 30 teams. So 2 more teams to be included.

When should it be organised? It can't possibly be competed over a season.
Already Euros, Confederations cup and WC come every four years.
It can't be done in summer every four years because the club competitions are annual.

Also, in a way every team in all associations is participating in the CWC. And similar to Confederations cup, only the winner clubs of 6 associations plus the host play in it. So IMHO, the current format is fine.
However, the introduction of Europa league winners could spice things up a bit. However, it'd be unfair to other associations by giving 2 spots to UEFA.
May be a better solution could be letting the defending champions in again to defend their title on the patterns of WC winners getting an automatic entry in Confederations cup.

Recently I've learned that the S.Americans have an equivalent of the Europa League. I don't know about Asia & Africa!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:14 am

They also have an equivalent.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:54 pm

ramsej84 wrote:S.Americans

Copa Libertadores and Copa Sud Americana. I've watched the finals.

About that CWC, that's a great comedy. We saw how Bayern played these two matches against Guangzhou and Raja, a real tragicomedy. Bayern were messing around with opponents, even risk in couple of situations to get a goal.

This is more than enough. And please, don't even imagine nor think about this serious, you're gonna be just more silly than you're already. :wink:

Club World Cup... What do you think, that in the rest of the world clubs have year profit round 300 mil. €? Please... Football currently has a lot of troubles without new dreams and ideas, specially European football where we can see last few years 5-6 standard clubs in the last 8. Now we gotta put new circus in the town like we don't have them enough, yeah right...

Far more simplier solution would be to open either FM or PES or FIFA. There you can have your European Dream League, Master League or whatever else.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:02 pm

^ FCB general, it's not a silly idea. On the contrary, such a tournament would generate a lot of money and aid other continents into bridging the gap.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:14 pm

MUTU wrote:^ FCB general, it's not a silly idea. On the contrary, such a tournament would generate a lot of money and aid other continents into bridging the gap.

Europe is USA and Champions League is NBA, the rest of the world can just sit and watch like they've been doing last 10 years. That's the reality. You can't ask for anything near euro elite group.

I think this CWC tournament said exactly this. The rest of the world can organize itself a championship during entire calendar year but Europe, CL & EL, as well as Euro won't be a part of that.

And yeah... I'm not interested in somebody money and profit, I want football both as a fan and spectator, not money factories. That's why I mostly like and rather prefer domestic competitions, Euro and WC before Uefa CL.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby AdepT » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:04 pm

FCB general wrote:And yeah... I'm not interested in somebody money and profit, I want football both as a fan and spectator, not money factories. That's why I mostly like and rather prefer domestic competitions, Euro and WC before Uefa CL.

Care to explain why you think domestic leagues, "UEFA" Euro and FIFA WC are not money oriented unlike UEFA CL?
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:44 pm

AdepT wrote:Care to explain why you think domestic leagues, "UEFA" Euro and FIFA WC are not money oriented unlike UEFA CL?

Bundesliga, EPL, Serie A, La Liga - national championships. So call domestic compet., right? The rest are not. These are major, elite competitons. Enlighten me please if I got wrong. :)

You know what I meant, I think there's no need for precise explanation. The answer is in your question after comma. We know who is an intruder among 3 listed. Image :wink:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:50 pm

FCB general wrote:About that CWC, that's a great comedy. We saw how Bayern played these two matches against Guangzhou and Raja, a real tragicomedy. Bayern were messing around with opponents, even risk in couple of situations to get a goal.

That's exactly why something needs to change though.

This is supposed to be the biggest title of all, but I'd be really surprised if anyone considers it more important than the CL or even the Bundesliga. In the current format, the European team is expected to win it every year. You can't have that for a world cup.

With ramsej's idea, yes, it is likely that there will often be a European champion as well, but at least it is still unpredictable. Which of them will win it? With more games, there is a higher chance of surprises and, like MUTU said, it is a way for teams from other continents to make some more money in an attempt to keep up with Europe.

Money-wise, it would also be great if the winners from the Europa League and its equivalents are included. I don't know about other continents, but in Europe, there is an insane difference in the amount of money CL and EL teams earn. A team that wins the Europa League would then earn more money from the CWC, thus making it easier to one day challenge the big teams.

It would also likely have a positive impact on continental competitions. For example, if the EL winner gets to play in the CWC, there is an added incentive to win the trophy. It is no secret that many teams who play in the Europa League don't even care about it. To a lesser extent, a positive impact on the CL is possible too. Of course, every team in the CL wants to go as far as possible, but if, for example, a team like Viktoria Plzen draws Bayern in the last 16, knowing that qualifying just one round further will earn them a spot in the WC would motivate them a lot.

And perhaps the most important thing is that people would actually care about this tournament. This is the world title we're talking about, and no one cares about it.

All in all, I think it would be a great idea. We get another attractive tournament, the world title actually becomes a challenge to win, and it would be worth something more than bragging rights. I see two problems with it however. One, as AdepT mentioned, is when to play it. The other is that the teams which make it far in the CL then have to play in a month or so long tournament, the CWC. They would have too many games per season. This problem, however, helps smaller teams, and could make things more interesting in domestic competitions.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:01 pm

Only you can do with this is to change the calendar. One year won't have 365/6 days anymore but let me se... About 600 days? Maybe then it would be ok.

Then you might have a chance to play CWC. Right now it's a SF. We can see what's going on with the Olympics and how much problem that causes to the elite clubs.

You simply can't keep trying to push too much football matches and competitons. It's totally pointless if you ask me.

Like it's not enough playing 2-3(or 4 like in England with optional 5th in their CS-supercup) national competitions, one european(with an optional 2nd in euro supercup, right before the start of new euro season) and this version of CWC with the national schedule for WC/EC qualis and the offical friendly dates.

It's simply too much, though, they insist on 20 clubs in their leagues, 2nd leg in the national cups or even supercups and after every season in the World Cup or European champ. year some countries complaining on tired legs, injuries, exhausting season, etc. It's more than obvious how that race for the money, success and glory effects on the football.

As you can see, Premier league is finally on it's right way as their FA and bosses wanted. 6-7 clubs are in the race for title, point difference is so small that each of first 4 clubs currently have a great chance to become a champ.

Not so long ago, the same situation was in Italy. During the 90's Serie A was the strongest league on this planet. They did have 7-8 clubs for which would every player signed and played. In the last 10 years everything has changed and now they have only Juventus who reminds us on our Bayern in the last decade with the only difference - we didn't invest and had such individual quality as they have it this and last season.

Conclusion? It was always about financial power of every league, precisely on their shareholders, rich families or oil/gas olygarchs. The opposite of that would be economic situation of each country for itself.
We all know that Europe's been the best continent for living since the 50's to nowdays what's not the case with entire Latin America(Central and South), Africa and most of Asian continent what we can see in 2013 as well.
You can see how we Croats can't compete on the market with nobody even though we have been spotted in Fifa top 8 since 2006, Holland, Belgium, Scottland clubs also can't compete like they used to in the past.

It's not just it my friend. It's getting little bored to have every 3-4 days one match with all existing competitons are playing. Now we are thinking about CWC. In reality it was just created to match every continental champions or champion of South America and Europe(ex-Intercontinental). 10-15 years ago it was still unpredictable, level of football wasn't that different between S. America and Europe, but Europe got moved the borders so high which cannot be catch up by the other as long as they don't get their Abramovič, Hoeness, Agnelli family, etc. Maybe Chelsea can lose against Brasilians like they lost it last year, but all odds are convincingly on European sides.

You'll see it, maybe in 20 years that happens, but in our near future, no way.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:38 pm

I completely agree with you that it is impossible to fit in the current calendar. But it would be a great tournament, and one could say that our priorities are not straight at the moment. Let's say that there is no way to fit in another tournament in the calendar. Why is the tournament being deemed as "extra" and not given importance the Club World Cup, which should be the biggest honour of all?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:53 pm

God knows why... :lol:

What I know, I'd certainly on the place of Italian and Spanish FA return number of clubs on 18 and make championships more interesting and competitive, repealed 2 matches and leave only one to play in supercup and cup games. Therefore, there's left enough time to rest through entire season.

If English want to keep their monster schedule, go ahead. The same thing I'd make with Carling Cup, absolutely out of schedule, Boxing day permanently banned.
That's sick, I mean... People need to rest, get their charges full at least for 2 weeks and get back on the football course, spend time with their families for Christmas and the rest of the feasts, New Year...

Perhaps after these changes they'd stop crying and talking about long season, 60-70 matches, etc. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:31 am

I had an idea whereby the Club World Cup should be played not by the Champions League winner, but the winner of the UEFA Super Cup. It would give a slight push to the Europa League and put much more importance on the UEFA Super Cup.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:37 am

MUTU wrote:I had an idea whereby the Club World Cup should be played not by the Champions League winner, but the winner of the UEFA Super Cup. It would give a slight push to the Europa League and put much more importance on the UEFA Super Cup.

Wow that would make thing a lot more interesting!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Previous

Return to Other Matches