You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

'You can't feel your feet'

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

'You can't feel your feet'

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Hats and scarves have been essential wear during training for Bayern this week. With temperatures almost in minus double figures, the players are doing all they can to keep warm. If you were to watch the session, you’d have trouble picking them out. Arturo Vidal, for example, has wrapped himself up so much that you can sometimes only see his eyes. “It’s crazy, it’s hard to train,” he said.

The Chilean has known the German weather for a long time but he still hasn’t fully acclimatised to it. “You can’t feel your feet. Everything’s a bit more difficult,” continued the 30 year-old. But if you think that the cold might be making the midfield engine hold back, then think again. “That’s just the way it is. We still have to give 100 per cent on the field,” said a defiant Vidal.

It’s purely training for Bayern this week and next before they return to midweek action the following week. And the Reds want to use the two weeks to lay foundations. “We can work hard and fully focus together during these two weeks, preparing ourselves for the final two months of the season,” he explained, although he admitted: “In some ways I’d rather play every three days, it’s more exciting.”

But even if the tough-tackler prefers competitive action, training does have one definite advantage. “Luckily I can cover almost my whole body and face during training, which I can’t do in games,” he smirked. The forecasters have good news for Vidal, though, as temperatures are set to rise in the coming days. We’ll then be able to see Vidal and his teammates in all their splendour on the training field once again.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: 'You can't feel your feet'

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:08 pm

This is ridiculous unacceptable bullshit from our board. They spent €100m on a new youth center where nepotism contributed to a UEFA Youth League exit at the hands of Real Madrid. Couldn't they have used some of those funds to build an indoor, heated training pitch? Apart from being "hard to train" in these conditions, how many times have we lost players to illness this season?

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Roonzil » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:12 pm

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:35 pm

In the meantime, Tottenham training indoors, because they have the facilities for it. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:01 pm

MUTU wrote:This is ridiculous unacceptable bullshit from our board. They spent €100m on a new youth center where nepotism contributed to a UEFA Youth League exit at the hands of Real Madrid. Couldn't they have used some of those funds to build an indoor, heated training pitch? Apart from being "hard to train" in these conditions, how many times have we lost players to illness this season?

I think this requires a lot of assumptions to be found true in order to work. Such as:

-Did nepotism really contribute to losing to Madrid? Do we know for certain that Seb Hoeneß wasn't the most qualified person for the job and was given it over other candidates due to being related to Uli? Was the loss more a result of coaching or poor play on the part of the players? I'm not sure we can answer any of those with any certainty.

-Is the reason they haven't built an indoor training facility that the club can't/couldn't afford it? Again, I don't know that that's the case. The club spending on a new youth facility and NOT building an indoor training pitch do not have to be inextricably linked. It's perfectly possible for the club to do both, or neither. I don't think there's any indication that because they built the new youth center (which IIRC the club said cost €70m, not €100m) they felt they were unable to build an indoor pitch - rather it seems that it simply wasn't a priority.

-I think it's reading a bit much into Vidal's "hard to train" comment. He also noted that "it is what it is. We'll still give 100%". It's hard to train when it's hot out too. Even Vidal doesn't seem to think the cold weather is causing the team to train at a lower level.

-How many players have we lost to illness *due to practicing in cold weather* this season? I think the concern is a bit premature here. Perhaps in a week if somebody comes down ill you could point towards training outdoors (Though even then Id' venture to say it's impossible to conclusively say that it was a direct result of outdoor training). Strictly speaking, we've had Robben miss one game due to the flu (in September), Vidal miss one game due to "infection", Javi missed one game from flu, Boateng miss one game due to a cold and Hummels missed two one-game stints due to cold and "ill" - none of which came on the tails of training in -10c. As of yet, I don't think we can really say anybody's missed game time due to training in the cold, and we can't really start pre-complaining about illnesses that haven't happened yet (i.e. presumably as a result of this week of training).
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:45 am

Erm... Also training indoors is not helping cause guess what? Competitive matches are still played outdoors...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Return to Official FC Bayern News