You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What do you watch, Mats Hummels?

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

What do you watch, Mats Hummels?

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:20 am

A five-hour flight awaits the Bavarians on Wednesday, a good occasion to read a book, play cards - or watch series. Before the return trip, Mats Hummels told fcbayern.com which shows he likes to watch!

Mats Hummels's top three TV series

First place: Scrubs

There are lots of medical TV series, but nothing is like Scrubs. The US comedy-drama format merges humour with sad moments. The central character is the young doctor John Michael "J.D." Dorian, who faces the daily challenges of life at a hospital as a somewhat naive medical graduate. Besides working with his best friend Turk, J.D. also meets the love of his life at the hospital.

"Scrubs is my all-time favourite series," says Hummels, who likes the distinct wit in the American show. "It's outstanding and fits with my sense of humour." The series aired between 2001 and 2010, a total of 182 episodes at a running time of about 22 minutes. "Almost every episode I've watches was really good."

Second place: Suits

Humour is also a significant feature of Suits, but the series is unique first and foremost due to the strong characters. Top lawyer Harvey Specter from Manhattan and his new assistant Mike Ross, a college dropout, are the central characters. Ross has two big problems: he is unmotivated and has no licence. Nevertheless the unequal duo soon become invincible.

"You quickly grasp what's going to happen in the episode," says Hummels, "the lawyers have cases, and they always win of course. Nevertheless I was immediately intrigued by the series!" The sixth season is currently airing in the US.

Third place: Narcos

Just like fellow defender Javi Martínez, Hummels counts the series about the chase of the Colombian drug cartel and Pablo Escobar among the highlights of recent TV history. "It's fascinating that Narcos is based on a true story," according to Hummels. "I wasn't familiar with the history there before watching - fortunately. The series is also a bit like a history lesson." Hummels's summary: "Sensational!"
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: What do you watch, Mats Hummels?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Nahhh :P
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Yesss
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:10 pm

At first I didn't like Scrubs but then it grew on me. Definitely better than the typical boring unoriginal, home/diner with laugh crowds comedies.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News