You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

'We weren't compact enough'

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

'We weren't compact enough'

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:55 pm

The Munich men would have liked to delight their fans in their first home match in 2017, but had to settle for a 1-1 draw against FC Schalke. "It was a tough match for us, Schalke played well," head coach Carlo Ancelotti said after the encounter, praising the visitors' performance. Manuel Neuer commented: "We can't always be lucky as we were recently against Freiburg."

Reaction to Bayern v Schalke

Carlo Ancelotti: "It was a tough match for us, Schalke played well. We started well, but weren't compact enough later. Our rearguard and midfield line weren't close enough to each other. We failed to win possession in the crucial moments, that's why we had problems. Overall it wasn't enough, we'll focus on the next match now."

Manuel Neuer: "Of course it's always about the result, but also about the way we played. Things didn't go as planned in the first half, that's clear. We tried everything in the second half and were somewhat unlucky in terms of our chances in the closing stages. We can't always be lucky as we were recently against Freiburg."

Markus Weinzierl (Schalke coach): "We turned in a decent display especially in the first half. We reacted well to the early goal. We didn't take two gilt-edged chances later, we should have gone up then. We failed to do it, so we were under pressure in the second half. It's also clear that you need luck against Bayern's individual class. We had that luck."

Benedikt Höwedes (Schalke): "We played with courage, everybody wanted to have the ball. We weren't knocked out of our stride by the opener. We rewarded ourselves then and almost took the lead later. The draw was deserved in view of the second half."

Holger Badstuber (Schalke): "We had ambitious plans. It was very emotional of course, but I didn't let myself be moved by it. We did a good job. The 1-1 draw is okay for everyone. We were the outsiders, we did it well in light of this. Personally I'm not satisfied because we could have won."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: 'We weren't compact enough'

Postby Lukas » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:51 pm

Right I've had enough. I don't want to hear any more from players and especially the coach until we actually see some improvement.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby shay1962 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:27 pm

Lukas wrote:Right I've had enough. I don't want to hear any more from players and especially the coach until we actually see some improvement.

I agree. We've been hearing all about this improvement since around last October.
shay1962
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:23 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:
Carlo Ancelotti: "It was a tough match for us, Schalke played well. We started well, but weren't compact enough later. Our rearguard and midfield line weren't close enough to each other. We failed to win possession in the crucial moments, that's why we had problems. Overall it wasn't enough, we'll focus on the next match.

Well, who did you play in midfield you ****?! Every **** time? You even wat to extend him...

Typical Ancelotti: "oh well, next match"... Then he goes home and everything actually happening between now and the next match is him disposing of another 2-300 meals...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Return to Official FC Bayern News