You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

'We lacked the killer touch'

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

'We lacked the killer touch'

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:15 pm

The Bavarians were annoyed after Wednesday's 1-0 defeat to Atlético. Manuel Neuer found fault with the lack of "killer instinct." Carlo Ancelotti was not pleased either.

Reaction to Atlético v Bayern

Carlo Ancelotti: "We controlled the game, but taken altogether we lacked aggression and determination in one-on-ones. We lost possession too often and were too slow. You have to be quicker and make use of your chances against Atlético. It wasn't a good display. However, it was only one game. It's going to be better next time."

Manuel Neuer: "We knew it wouldn't be easy. It was difficult to score. Atlético have the killer instinct, they make a lot out of few chances. We lacked this killer touch today."

Arjen Robben: "It's a very big match considering it's the group stage. We met in last season's semi-finals, and today you could see why we did. They're a very unpleasant team. We made a good start, the first 15, 20 minutes were very good. We were aggressive and had our chances - and you have to use them in a game like this, just as Atlético did. We have to learn from it. It goes on. We want to return to winning ways on Saturday."

Diego Simeone (Atlético coach): "I'm very pleased with my team's performance over 90 minutes. Our goal was to put Bayern under pressure from the off, we were close to their players and tried to stifle their passes from midfield."

Yannick Carrasco (Atlético scorer): "Bayern are very dangerous up front, but we closed the gaps well and attacked. Griezmann set me up with a strong through ball, fortunately I put it in."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: 'We lacked the killer touch'

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:56 am

Arjen Robben wrote:We were aggressive and had our chances - and you have to use them in a game like this, just as Atlético did.

No they didn't use their chances. If they did, they'd have won 4-0 or 5-0.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 'We lacked the killer touch'

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:55 am

FCBayernNews wrote:Carlo Ancelotti: "We controlled the game,

Sure we did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News