You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

VIPs and fans declare support for Hoeneß

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

VIPs and fans declare support for Hoeneß

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:40 pm

At last Saturday's meeting with Borussia Monchagladbach, a small group of so-called supporters staged a protest against Bayern President Uli Hoeneß. The insults directed at the long-serving player and official have caused outrage among the vast majority of Bayern fans and many leading football personalities.

The club has since received countless calls, faxes, letters and e-mails from concerned FCB supporters, determined to distance themselves entirely from the protest. And the backing for Hoeneß is not restricted to Bayern loyalists, as messages of support are flooding in from the whole of the German footballing family. fcbayern.de prints just a small selection of the comments we've received.

Reaction from football personalities

Dr. Theo Zwanziger (German FA President):
"As a player and official, Uli Hoeneß has achieved so much for FC Bayern and German football. Many are unaware of his extensive community involvement. I cannot comprehend these impertinent and disrespectful public attacks from the club's own so-called fans, allegedly prompted by certain actions and statements. We cannot tolerate the kind of slogans and banners we saw last Saturday."

Dr. Reinhard Rauball (President of the League Association):
"I am shocked by the attacks on Uli Hoeneß. Uli Hoeneß has unquestionably achieved a huge amount for Bayern, and this should be recognised by the fans - which I think is the case for at least 98 percent of them. This is the work of a small publicity-seeking minority, acting as if they spoke for the majority. This protest has escalated to a new dimension, which the league association cannot accept. Respect and fair play are important factors in playing the game, but also in watching and consuming the game, and should apply to all fans."

Günter Netzer (former Germany international):
"I'm totally shocked by the way these fans have treated Uli Hoeneß. Unless they've had their memories erased, they know they have him to thank for everything Bayern is. You cannot deal like this with a man who loves the club and has served it so well. I regard this as a major affront. But I've been saying for years that certain groups think the purchase of a match ticket confers certain rights: abusing players, making racist statements, throwing missiles, the things they believe make you a fan. But they do not have these rights, and they do not have the right to dictate terms to the club. Fortunately it's only a minority, but they must be reined in."

Franz Beckenbauer (Bayern Honorary President):
"You cannot take this approach towards Uli Hoeneß, who's guided Bayern on a successful course for years. The club cannot tolerate it!"

Dr. Edmund Stoiber (FC Bayern advisory board chairman):
"It's impossible to believe how Uli Hoeneß has been treated. He won't show it, but it'll affect him deeply."

Bastian Schweinsteiger:
"Uli Hoeneß has achieved so much for Bayern. He lives and breathes the club and its philosophy like no other. I find the protests directed at him incomprehensible. Bayern must be united, and that includes the fans. We will only hit our targets in the future if we stand together. There'll always be matches when we have an off day - that's exactly when we need our supporters most, not just when we're playing well anyway. We all want a terrific atmosphere at the Allianz Arena, but that'll only be the case if the fans get behind us as a unit and become our twelfth man."

Herbert Hainer (adidas AG chairman):
"Dear Bayern supporters, our home match against Borussia Mönchengladbach was used by so-called fans as a platform for a defamatory campaign against our President Uli Hoeneß. I was shocked at this form of public attack on a man who works day and night for the club's success. The attacks were not only based on totally false information, they overstepped the boundaries of fairness in a dispute between parties with differing opinions. I've known Uli Hoeneß for 20 years, and I like, value and respect him for many reasons, but especially for what he's done on behalf of FC Bayern. I very much hope that everyone who has taken the club to their hearts shows him the respect he is due."

Reaction from fans:

Bernd Hoffmann, Nabburg/Oberpfalz fan club (2785 members):
"I've followed Bayern for more than 35 years, and all of us in our club are huge Uli Hoeneß fans. We back him entirely and condemn what's happened. We've condemned this form of behaviour and the shocking insults for a long time now, and hereby state we have nothing whatsoever to do with it. I know Uli Hoeneß as a man of integrity who speaks forthright words. Bayern is where it is today thanks to him. I've spoken to many fan club chairpersons in the vicinity, and we all share this opinion."

Gerhard Stadler, Floss e.V. fan club (2310 members):
"I'm ashamed by the events at the last home match. We think what some of the fans came up with is just a bad joke. Uli Hoeneß has always been open to fan matters, and has been generous and determined in looking after our interests, so I cannot understand these attacks. I would stress they are the work of a minority and we utterly distance ourselves from them."

Stefan I. (via e-mail):
"The way a handful of 'Bayern supporters' reacted to Mr Hoeneß at the Allianz Arena is inexplicable and totally unrepresentative of true Bayern fans. We declare our solidarity with Uli Hoeneß, with the greatest respect for what he's achieved, and will hopefully continue to achieve for the club. There's no FCB without Uli Hoeneß. Greetings from Hesse - backed by hundreds of Bayern fans.

Thomas R. (via e-mail):
"We deeply regret what has happened, as it is not the first time by any means. Certain groups' actions are embarrassing, and a disgrace to all true Bayern fans. We expressly distance ourselves from this group and their opinions. Mr Hoeneß, you have put in more than 30 years' outstanding work for Bayern. We can be more than happy to have such an expert at the head of our club. Please do not be put off by a tiny minority, who are unfortunately the loudest. Keep up the good work, because you've made Bayern what it is today, and you can be justly proud of that. We wish you all the best for the future, and "chin up"!

Jochen B. (via e-mail):
"As a loyal Bayern fan for many years, I wish to expressly distance myself from the protest at the match against Gladbach. Neither the form nor the contents of the criticism was appropriate. This group does not in any way reflect the views of Bayern fans. We're grateful to Mr Hoeneß for everything he's done for the club, and totally support him and the management. Different opinions are of course allowed, but should not be expressed in this way."

Kenneth S. (via e-mail):
"Dear Mr Hoeneß, I've been a Hamburg fan since childhood, but I think what you've been through in the last few days is unworthy. (...) What's happened has overstepped the mark, and I say this as a HSV fan. The people who've jumped this bandwagon should consider what they're doing to their club. Looking at the situation we're in [at Hamburg], I wish we had your business and sporting expertise to help us. I hope these people come to their senses, recognise how valuable you are, and what the club has to thank you for. Many clubs would be delighted to have someone like you."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: VIPs and fans declare support for Hoeneß

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:12 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:so-called supporters

=D> =D> =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby The Spyware » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:10 am

Why we didn't send then an email as Bayernforum members
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:59 am

The Spyware wrote:Why we didn't send then an email as Bayernforum members

Don't dig it in please. If I had the vision for this, I would have sent an email from BayernForum.com and if they would have featured it in this article it would have been a massive advert for the forum. How about we start a pro-Neuer petition instead? :think:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:24 pm

MUTU wrote:
The Spyware wrote:Why we didn't send then an email as Bayernforum members

Don't dig it in please. If I had the vision for this, I would have sent an email from BayernForum.com and if they would have featured it in this article it would have been a massive advert for the forum. How about we start a pro-Neuer petition instead? :think:

Bad for our coffins... I guess they know more fans want Neuer than not and the less public our interest is the more viable is his signing (if our interest for Neuer wasn't already too public...)

I do vote to send a supporting letter. We should send one.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Return to Official FC Bayern News