You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ulreich: The lads did a superb job

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Ulreich: The lads did a superb job

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:50 pm

FC Bayern won their second match during the Oktoberfest period in 2017, downing Schalke 3-0. The Bavarians now boast 24 consecutive matches without defeat during the Wiesn, winning 20, drawing four. Bayern were in control for long spells. "It's never easy away to Schalke but we did a good job," a pleased Sven Ulreich said after the final whistle: "We staged good attacks, we created the goals well. That's why the win was deserved," the Bayern netminder explained.

Reaction to Schalke v Bayern

Carlo Ancelotti: "It was a good display over 90 minutes. We played with high intensity and were compact in defence. James played very well, working hard for the team, with good combinations, but he's not at 100 perecnt in terms of stamina. But everyone was very strong today, it's hard to single out a player. I'm pleased for all of them.“

Sven Ulreich: "Yes, I'm glad I kept a clean sheet and that we took three points today. It's never easy away to Schalke but we did a good job. It wasn't easy at times. Schalke played well, applying pressure. We made a few simple mistakes in our build-up play, especially in the second half, when they had chances. We have to improve in this regard. But we staged good attacks, we created the goals well. The lads did a superb job, that's why the win was deserved."

Joshua Kimmich: "I think both teams made many mistakes in the build-up play. We were awarded the penalty and made it two after a mistake by Schalke. But we allowed Schalke to create chances again and again. If you concede a goal it might be tight. But I think we did a decent job controlling the match in the second half, allowing only few chances apart from a few efforts from distance. I think it was a deserved victory."

Domenico Tedesco (FC Schalke 04 coach): "We tried to close down the space and press, and we did a good job. We gained possession a few times and had chances, but we still lost deservedly because Bayern controlled the ball very well. It was hard to get a grip. We turned in quite a few kilometres, the team played with lots of passion, but we failed to score."

Ralf Fährmann (Schalke keeper): "A compliment to my team. We fought well and hit the gas. We were strong in the one-on-ones, we did a very good job. The opener and the way it came about knocked us out of our stride. I don't want to say it was the only reason, we had chances to level the scores. The match would have been different then. It hurt."

Leon Goretzka (Schalke midfielder): "At the end of the day we must admit it was clear-cut. I think we made the wrong decisions in front of goal in the first half, when we had good chances, and that knocked us out of our stride. If we take the lead the match is different. And directly after a gilt-edged chance for us they're awarded a debatable penalty. We hoped to take somethingfrom the game, especially at home. It's very disappointing."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Ulreich: The lads did a superb job

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:55 am

Debatable... wtf ... it was clear even without the var.
If they had something to complain about was a penalty call in the second half when Kimmich and another guy tripped a s04 in the area

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 am

ramsej84 wrote:Debatable... wtf ... it was clear even without the var.
If they had something to complain about was a penalty call in the second half when Kimmich and another guy tripped a s04 in the area

Can you pleeeeease remove the Tapatalk signature from your app settings?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 am

MUTU wrote:

I will :wink:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:57 pm

MUTU wrote:

What's wrong with it? :o
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:09 pm

can't find the way from this phone!
Probably cause of the free ads :twisted:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:32 pm

Their argument is that there was a similar scene in Hannover apparently, where they weren't awarded a penalty... No idea about that... They also claim they were told that it's not a penalty when the ball bounces off of the players body first - which is BS IMHO...
Cause that's probably very true when the hand is close to the body... But this? There was a similar scene in the first half with James and Fährmann I think - and Fährmann was not nearly as "big" as Naldo with his hands... Clear penalty...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Return to Official FC Bayern News