You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Tymoschuk back in his favourite position

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Tymoschuk back in his favourite position

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:40 pm

He slides tackles, he fights and never gives up a seemingly lost cause. As usual, Anatoliy Tymoshchuk put in a full shift at Thursday's training session: a role model in terms of commitment. His situation at Bayern has certainly changed since the departure of Louis van Gaal. New coach Andries Jonker had a face-to-face meeting with the Ukrainian this week where he informed the 32-year-old he was in the starting line-up for Sunday's clash with Bayer Leverkusen. "I'm very happy about it," declared Tymoshchuk.

That came as no surprise, as the Ukraine international has failed to feature in the plans of Jonker's predecessor Van Gaal over the last few weeks. Tymoschuk has not made the starting line-up since the 3-1 defeat at Hannover on matchday 25 and has only made a couple of brief appearances off the bench - as in last weekend's 1-1 draw away to Nürnberg. It's all change now, as Tymoshchuk is charged with anchoring the midfield in the final games of the season.

Back in his 'favourite position'

Anatoliy is finally back where he feels most comfortable, in the holding midfield role in front of the back four. "The coach told me I'd be playing in my favourite position," beamed Tymo, aware of the fact he is most valuable to the side in that position. He has made five starts in defensive midfield for Bayern in the current campaign and the Reds have not lost any of those games. A good omen for the top-of-the-table clash with Leverkusen.

Tymoshchuk is also aware of the significance of this match. "We've got to press ahead and make sure we qualify for the Champions League." And he knows his change in fortune at Bayern is not just down to the change of coach. Tymoshchuk has also benefited from the suspensions of regular first-choice players Arjen Robben and Holger Badstuber for the Leverkusen fixture.

Two sides

Daniel van Buyten (rehab training), Daniel Pranjic (muscular problem) and Bastian Schweinsteiger (ligament) are also doubtful. In contrast to the usual situation under Van Gaal, the Ukrainian sees a positive move in his not being played in central defence. Tymoshchuk explained: "I'm playing in midfield despite a number of the lads missing at the back. I'm glad about that."

The Ukrainian can provide cover as a holding midfielder for more attacking players such as Franck Ribéry or Thomas Müller. Tymo sees that as his main role: "Every team needs players who can defend. That makes life easier for the more creative players," ventured Tymoshchuk, who is renowned for being very calm and relaxed off the pitch. But as soon as the 32-year-old steps onto the turf he is totally focused. "I've got two sides to my personality: one on the pitch and the other off the pitch," explained Tymoshchuk. His team-mates can confirm that, as they come up against him on the training ground on a daily basis.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Tymoschuk back in his favourite position

Postby shileno » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:55 pm

About time, Tymo+Schweini should have been our midfield since last season =D>
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Return to Official FC Bayern News