You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

'Three great years!' Rummenigge thanks Guardiola

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

'Three great years!' Rummenigge thanks Guardiola

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat May 14, 2016 5:05 pm

Pep Guardiola still aims to win the DFB Cup with Bayern next weekend, but the club has already bid farewell to the head coach with a grand ceremony at the Allianz Arena. “Dear Pep, I want to thank you on behalf of the whole FC Bayern family. We've had a great time together,” said Karl-Heinz Rummenigge shortly before kick-off in Guardiola's last home match against Hannover.

The FCB chairman thanked Guardiola “on behalf of the whole club” for the work that yielded three domestic championship titles, one DFB Cup triumph, the UEFA Supercup and the FIFA Club World Cup. “We've had three great years with you. You've always challenged and supported the team,” said Rummenigge, calling the Catalan “a great representative for our club and for the Bundesliga as a whole.”

The 75,000 capacity crowd at the Allianz Arena and the team who lined up behind their coach applauded Guardiola. The 45-year-old waved to the fans, smiling radiantly. The video displays showed memorable scenes featuring Guardiola at Bayern. Frank Beckenbauer and Uli Hoeneß embraced the coach on the touchlines.

Legends, flowers, gun salute

The two former FCB presidents had stepped onto the pitch with 23 other Bayern legends, 25 men embodying 25 championship titles. The fans frenetically welcomed the stars, delighted over a reunion with the likes of Oliver Kahn, Lothar Matthäus, Luca Toni, Sepp Maier and Co.

The supporting programme also featured the FCB Women, who celebrated their championship title honoured by gun salutes, brass bands and giant balloons. Match official Knut Kircher finished his career after his 244th league match in more than two decades, received a bouquet of flowers.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: 'Three great years!' Rummenigge thanks Guardiola

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:32 pm

Guardiola will regret leaving Bayern

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sat May 14, 2016 6:34 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Guardiola will regret leaving Bayern

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

Nope... he's set... he'll milk City first, then Qatar next and so on... :P
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat May 14, 2016 10:27 pm

Heynckes was too much for him..
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Return to Official FC Bayern News