You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

'The victory is very important'

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

'The victory is very important'

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:35 pm

FC Bayern prevailed in a tight match against Bayer Leverkusen, winning 2-1 in Saturday's top Bundesliga clash. "The victory is very important for us," a relieved Carlo Ancelotti commented after the final whistle. Manuel Neuer said: "Everyone's expected we wouldn't see a brilliant win today but have to turn in hard work, and that's what we did."

Reaction to Bayern v Leverkusen

Carlo Ancelotti: "The victory is very important for us. It was a tough match because we're in a difficult period and Leverkusen are a strong team. At times we played well, at times we had problems. Sometimes a victory is more important than a good display. I'm certain we'll quickly improve our game."

Manuel Neuer: "Everyone's expected we wouldn't see a brilliant win today but have to turn in hard work, and that's what we did. We're lacking fluidity and certainty at the moment."

Thomas Müller: "We're having more difficulties than in the past, so we sometimes have to work hard for a victory. We're not 100 percent satisfied, we know what has to be done. Anyway, we'll turn in feeling at ease tonight."

Roger Schmidt (Bayer Leverkusen coach): "Congratulations to Carlo [Ancelotti] and FC Bayern. It was a tight match. We played with lots of courage, just as we had planned. It was clear Bayern would have dominant spells when they'd push, but my team found good solutions. I didn't really take notice of the possible penalty. It was a difficult situation for everyone involved."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News