You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

'The team are very, very strong indeed'

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

'The team are very, very strong indeed'

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:00 pm

FC Bayern have won the German Supercup for the first time since 2012 after three defeats in a row in the competition. Arturo Vidal and Thomas Müller scored in the 2-0 victory over Borussia Dortmund, handing Carlo Ancelotti his first title in his first competitive fixture on the Bayern bench. “We're happy,” the new head coach commented after the final whistle. Mats Hummels spoke of a “nice match to get started for the season.”

Reaction to Dortmund v Bayern

Carlo Ancelotti: “We're happy. Of course it was difficult. Dortmund played very, very well in the first half. Things went better for us in the second half, which boosts our confidence for the Bundesliga. The team are very, very strong indeed. I try to put my ideas into practice. We tried to introduce some new things, and now we have ten more days to prepare.”

Mats Hummels: “In the first half we had the luck you need, and an outstanding Manuel Neuer. Nobody would have complained if Dortmund had taken the lead. Ultimately it's a nice match to get started for the season.”

Thomas Tuchel (Borussia Dortmund coach): “Congratulations to Bayern and Carlo Ancelotti. It was an unlucky defeat. We invested a lot and displayed good energy on the pitch. Unfortunately we made many little mistakes at some point. I'm very satisfied with what my team displayed.”

Sebastian Rode (Borussia Dortmund): “We have to score in the first half. We lacked the cleverness that Bayern displayed.”
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: 'The team are very, very strong indeed'

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:39 am

Ancelotti started with double superlatives now as well? Very very strong
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:03 am

MUTU wrote:Ancelotti started with double superlatives now as well? Very very strong

And like Pep he uses that even when everyone else thinks our performance was bad. :?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Verres » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:11 am

FCBayernMunchen

But our performance wasn't bad. We played well enough. It was a deserved win.
Verres
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:37 am

Verres wrote:FCBayernMunchen

We improved a lot in the second half but we never dominated them the way they did in the first half. We have Neuer to thank (and some luck) otherwise we would have lost in my opinion, and it could have been a heavy loss.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Verres » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:38 pm

I agree they were the better side in the first half when we were a little dizzy and they had some chances that should capitalise on because our defence was not well coordinated - I think they just need time - but still, all in all we had the better chances. Even in first half, we (Vidal) had the best oportunity to score the goal. Their best oportunity came in the first half with - I think it was - Aubemayang one on one vs Neuer. They had more shots (20-9), but we had the same number of shots on the goal and we made more clearer chances for goal than BVB did. The fact that they had more possession and touches on the ball means nothing in itself. That kind of dominance doesn't win you games by itself. We play more vertically now. You can argue that they dominated in the first half, but so did they in CL final in 2013 and we overcame them the same nonetheless. That's why I don't agree with you that we were lucky not to lose. The way we played when in possession and worked off the ball, it was only a question of time when we will score. Even if they scored first, I think we would have equalized. I think we have nothing to worry about except for injuries and Ribery's bad temper. :wink: Lahm had a slow start but I trust he will rise again through the season. :coffee:
Verres
Getting the hang of it

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Verres wrote:FCBayernMunchen

We improved a lot in the second half but we never dominated them the way they did in the first half. We have Neuer to thank (and some luck) otherwise we would have lost in my opinion, and it could have been a heavy loss.

May 2013 started like that as well.
I don t mind being second best and win all games.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:27 pm

As long as we keep winning like this I don't mind if we keep playing bad for 3 years..(seriously)

We need direct and fast football beyond that we just need to score one more goal than the opposition.. 8) 8)
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Return to Official FC Bayern News