You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The FCB players' holiday plans

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

The FCB players' holiday plans

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:05 am

The winter break is finally upon us. After 31 games (including 6 friendlies), FC Bayern are off for a well-deserved Christmas holiday following their win over RB Leipzig. The FCB players are, of course, hugely looking forward to their time off, and some of them have told fcbayern.com what their plans for the holidays are.

Thomas Müller is using these days away to go on holiday with his wife. “During this time off, it’s just important for me to switch off and recharge my batteries.” Christmas Eve “is a special day but it won’t be celebrated any more than it was during my childhood at home with my family,” said the 27-year-old.

Captain Philipp Lahm will also be spending the festive period at home with his family on Lake Tegernsee just south of Munich. “It’s an important festival for us. Our son is really looking forward to it and I have to say, having a child around does remind me of the good old days. It takes you back to your own childhood.” The family will sing together before handing out presents and it’s Lahm’s brother-in-law who’s in charge of the festive cooking: “He’s the chef and will definitely prepare us something great. But whatever it is, it’ll have to be run by me first,” laughs the World Cup winner.

Full house at the Alaba’s

David Alaba is also off back home to Vienna for the gift-giving. “There’s 30 to 40 of us, the presents are all under the tree and I order the food through a caterer so it’s all more relaxing for us. I’m really looking forward to it because I rarely have a chance to see the whole family,” explained the Austria international.

Christmas this year is "particularly special” for Robert Lewandowski. Referring to his wife Anna’s pregnancy, he says, “the best present for me and my entire family is being carried by my wife.” Lewy will be celebrating a “classic Christmas with presents under the tree” with his family in Poland. The 28-year-old added, “there will be a lot of delicious food to eat. I don’t know exactly what it is yet because my wife is in charge there.”

Long trip for Costa

Almost all the foreign FC Bayern players are taking advantage of the time off to return home. That is especially the case for Renato Sanches. At just 19 years of age, the Portugal international spent his entire childhood in his hometown of Lisbon and is really looking forward to returning home after half a year with FCB in Munich.

The longest journeys are likely to come from our South American contingent. It’s a whole 10,679 km from Munich to Douglas Costa’s home in Sapucaia do Sul, Southern Brazil. A price worth paying, however, for the summer temperatures and almost certainly some delicious food. Rafinha is also looking forward to some Brazilian sunshine. “We always have a big party on the 24th December. It starts at midnight and goes on until dawn with dancing and music,” said the right-back. Teammate Arturo Vidal, however, is not heading back home to Chile for the holidays, but will be spending it in Dubai with his family.

Exotic delights

There will be a great range of home specialities for Kingsley Coman, too. At home in Paris with his family, he’ll be enjoying delights such as Christophines au gratin and Pois d’angole choisis – grilled chayotes and deep-fried filled doughballs. The 19-year-old can definitely look forward to some exotic festive food on Christmas Eve.

Javi Martinez has to wait a few days longer for his presents because gifts in Spain are not exchanged until Three Kings Day on 6th January. Nevertheless, there is still a great deal to eat on Christmas Eve: “My mum does the cooking. There’s seafood, salad and cold dishes with ham and cheese – it’s typical Spanish,” said the defender. And then it’s off to church together at midnight.

The coach does the cooking

For Franck Ribery, Christmas is of course a bit different as a Muslim, but the entire family still comes together at his parents’ house during the holidays. “My mum and dad always cook up something great together,” explained the Frenchman, “but the most important part is the atmosphere. I enjoy it when we’re all together.” And there’s presents, too: “For my parents and the children.”

Coach Carlo Ancelotti is heading back to his home in Northern Italy where he will be hard at work at the stove preparing his tortellini alla Carlo for his family and friends. “It’s my favourite dish, and my family and friends love it as well. And I make it really well,” grinned the coach. So, guten Appetit and Merry Christmas!
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: The FCB players' holiday plans

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Surprised how many of them celebrate on Christmas Eve. Here Christmas Eve tends to be a quiet day with Christmas morning/afternoon being the main event.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby German-American » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:03 pm

My family celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve. This is very unusual in the US, but I love the tradition.
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America

Postby lau03143 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Is Christmas Eve "Christmas" not a Germanic tradition?

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby pyrasur » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:38 pm

We open the presents on the night of Christmas Eve and that's when the big dinner is. I know the 25th is Christmas but we don't do much more. I never considered it that unusual in the US, but there might just be a lot of families with German descent in the places I've lived.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:40 am

We usually open presents after Christmas Day lunch.
But when I was a boy I would open my presents before opening my eyes on the first hours of Christmas Day[WHITE SMILING FACE]

On the eve we go to the midnight Mass and then to an early Christmas Breakfast either at a Hotel or at home.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:05 pm

ramsej84 wrote:We usually open presents after Christmas Day lunch.
But when I was a boy I would open my presents before opening my eyes on the first hours of Christmas Day[WHITE SMILING FACE]

On the eve we go to the midnight Mass and then to an early Christmas Breakfast either at a Hotel or at home.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I used to open them either as soon as I woke up on Christmas Day or, more often, on Christmas Eve (and then the presents from Santa in the morning :P )
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Return to Official FC Bayern News