You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Schweinsteiger cleared for restart clash

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Schweinsteiger cleared for restart clash

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Disappointment and even a hint of sadness were etched on Bastian Schweinsteiger's face when he was forced to break off Tuesday morning training after sensing pain from a mildly inflamed knee. It was doubly upsetting for the midfielder, so keen to re-enter the fray in this Friday's top flight restart fixture after missing nine games before Christmas with a fractured collarbone.

"I'm fired up about playing again. I'm so looking forward to the Bundesliga," the club vice-captain declared on Wednesday, in a much more upbeat mood after learning from the medical unit that he has the green light to appear against Mönchengladbach on Friday evening. The player came through the morning workout unscathed, "and it was pretty good. In normal circumstances, it's going to be okay," the midfielder confirmed.

By way of insurance, the player reported for massage and intensive therapy on the knee following the Wednesday session. "I need it to be just a little bit better," he explained, "I don't want to be carrying a knock, I want to be top fit." Friday's meeting with the side currently lying fourth in the table is undoubtedly a special date for Bastian.

More than two-and-a-half months have passed since the 27-year-old last pulled on a red jersey in anger. His hopes for a comeback before the winter break were dashed, but he is now utterly determined to resume his place in the team this Friday. "In principle, our system doesn't depend on individuals. But if we're missing Basti, we lack a touch of class," acknowledged top striker Mario Gomez.

Call for renewed dominance

When Bayern step out onto the Borussia Park turf, they will be looking to recapture the outstanding form of the early weeks of the season. "We want to build up a head of steam straight away," the vice-captain said, warning his team-mates to beware Mönchengladbach's strength on the break. And in the light of an unlucky 1-0 defeat in the reverse fixture on opening day last August, FCB must score goals of their own this time.

"We're not going to Gladbach looking for a draw, we want to win and set off on a run. It would be good to pick up as many points as we can before we start playing twice a week," the midfielder stated. "We need to return to dominating matches. It's the level we need to get back to, and I'll do whatever I can to support the team in our efforts."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Schweinsteiger cleared for restart clash

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:43 pm

We will dominate again with you back! =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Hopefully hit the second half of the season running with Schweini back!

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:20 pm

If injuries bypass him, we are on throne! :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Return to Official FC Bayern News